Page 20 of 57 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Barrack and Hillary

Greetings..

I'm not angry at poor people, I am angry at lazy people. Welfare was designed to be a safety net. Too many use it as a hammock.
    Precisely!! nicely said.

As for the "parties" and primaries, it is an American Institution.. and it leads to the election of leaders.. it should be regulated.. the "party" has infringed on my right to assist in choosing a candidate.. a vote is a vote.. the electoral system is a sham. i DO know the difference, i simply see it as irresponsible and riddled with opportunities for manipulation..

Be well..
    TaiChiBob.. "the teacher that is not also a student is neither"

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    I'm not angry at poor people, I am angry at lazy people. Welfare was designed to be a safety net. Too many use it as a hammock.

The point I was making was that why are you concerned? the number of people who are doing this is not knowable. But there are criteria to being in the welfare system and it's hardly any sort of a burden on you specifically. Most of your tax dollars go for bullets and bombs. You don't feel any ethical or moral pangs about that, but you perceive a portion of poor people, who you deem lazy due to their poverty or vice versa as a pinnacle problem in america.

the number of people that you describe is likely extremely small to the point of not even being any sort of a factor at all in the economic engine.

More money is wasted on dud weapons in the military industrial complex than on welfare roles.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

I'm doing quite well now, but it's because I've worked hard. I've struggled when I was younger, but I made the choice to try and better myself, not just settle for little and not have to work.
    I couldnt agree more. Being a banker, I see this on almost a daily basis.

Personally, I enjoy working and getting a nice fat paycheck. I dont buy gas, or owe any payments or insurance costs of any kind. Which provides me with extra cash and no stress.

I worked hard, and made connections and landed a decent position with much room to advance, which I have already made use of, without a high school diploma.

If I can do it, anyone can.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post

More money is wasted on dud weapons in the military industrial complex than on welfare roles.
    Again, I couldnt agree more.

Personally, I enjoy working and getting a nice fat paycheck. I dont buy gas, or owe any payments or insurance costs of any kind. Which provides me with extra cash and no stress.
    You obviously don't own a house, car, life insurance or are married
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    lol. Hey I get that!
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Are you ignorant of history or do you just ignore it if it does not fit your agenda?

Saddam signed the 1991 cease-fire allowing in the inspectors. If he kicked them out, an invasion was justified. He kicked them out, thus the invasion was justified. We were not the aggressor, as we were not when he invaded Kuwait setting off the 1991 war.

North Korea signed no UN agreement. They did tell Bill Clinton they would not use the technology he sold them for weapons, but they lied. Kind of ironic that the known liar got fooled by another liar.
    Justified by the U.N. yes. That doesn't give us the right to tell the U.N. to go sodd off, though. How many times do we need to get warned by the U.N. and almost all of it's members before it becomes obvious we're being a bit too aggressive?!?

As for N. Korea not signing a U.N agreement.... Why should they? They are not part of the U.N. We are. We should make an effort to follow the spirit of the U.N. as well as the literal law of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it

Exactly. Now you know my secret.

I plan to retire on a boat. I bike everywhere I go, generally. I have a $100k life insurance through my work. But I dont pay for that. As for a wife...not yet. Not till I find one that wants to sail around the world with me and die in a typhoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    Exactly. Now you know my secret.

I plan to retire on a boat. I bike everywhere I go, generally. I have a $100k life insurance through my work. But I dont pay for that. As for a wife...not yet. Not till I find one that wants to sail around the world with me and die in a typhoon.
    Ah, young love...
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Ah, young love...
    I was thinking suicidal devotion, but hey....that works too.

Quote Originally Posted by Becca View Post
    Justified by the U.N. yes. That doesn't give us the right to tell the U.N. to go sodd off, though. How many times do we need to get warned by the U.N. and almost all of it's members before it becomes obvious we're being a bit too aggressive?!?

As for N. Korea not signing a U.N agreement.... Why should they? They are not part of the U.N. We are. We should make an effort to follow the spirit of the U.N. as well as the literal law of it.
    UN= un-necessary Can you tell me exactly what the UN does

That Rev Wright guy is a disgrace. How you can claim to be spreading and teaching God's word and then say those racist, inflammatory things is ridiculous.

If more clips of him come out, I'm certain they will contain anti-Semitic remarks.
    I totally agree. This guy has no business even being broadcast in any media outlet.

Quote Originally Posted by TrollTerminator View Post
    UN= un-necessary Can you tell me exactly what the UN does
    They have mandates on their website. Google is your friend !

but, here you go anyway, enjoy the read! http://www.un.org/english/
    Last edited by David Jamieson; 04-01-2008 at 12:54 PM.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by jackmcmanus21 View Post
    I totally agree. This guy has no business even being broadcast in any media outlet.
    But Oral Roberts, Pat Buchanan, the late Jerry Falwell, the convicted Jim Baker, the... well, those guys get a voice for their own brand of hatin on ya, but the black dude is stepping over the line with his resentments?

lol. Now THAT is messed up!
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Greetings..

Hi David: i don't put much stock in any of the "imaginary sky-daddy" folks.. religion has not lived up to its marketing..

Be well..
    TaiChiBob.. "the teacher that is not also a student is neither"