Page 4 of 57 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: Barrack and Hillary

He lied under oath about having a sexual relationship with a subordinate. In a lawsuit filed against him for sexual harrassment of a subordinate.

He lied. Period

His sexual life was an issue in the sexual harrassment lawsuit. Period.
    How disgusting was it for him to do what he did on a moral level.

The disgrace he brought to the country for that act alone should be enough to get his sick and twisted face out of office.

Hello? The topic is Hillary and Barack....Bill isn't running.

Another typical tactic by conservatives. If you're getting beat in the argument just casually switch the topic and move away from shaky ground.

Hey I can't blame you guys. After all the GOP candidate is so old he don't even know half the time who is fighting over there. I just hope he keeps with that "We're in Iraq until we win the war"...........The only problem is nobody knows what "win the war" means!

Rev Wright feels that maybe a group of white people created AIDs to control blacks.
    Americans (as a group) are one of the most informed people on the face of this earth! The guy who made the comment is a kook!
    Are people actually a taking this Rev Wright seriously?
    Bush said he invaded Iraq to find WMDs and attack al Qaeda and this was proved wrong! Big deal!

Rightly or wrongly, all of these statement play into the false perceptions of the target group(s) and this is the divide and conquer strategy of psychological operation to leave doubt in the minds of the voters! It is an excelletn strategy and it is working well!

It was not a change in topic. It was a sidebar brought up in another conversation.

btw- I see you skipped over the below point very easy. Care to comment on how liberals are not in the business of saying one human is more valuable than another?

Liberals are not in the business of saying one human is more valuable than another.
    Really......???

The sure seem to like their run on abortions-especially their partial-birth abortions. I think it is something like 38 million and counting now.

The problem is NOT that he was in a suit about sexual misconduct...it was with WHOM. Paula Jones was the person.

Monica Lewinsky was what would ahve been strictly considered fishing. The attorney had not yet done something simple like establishing a pattern of behavior or doubt about behavior. So, there was no material connection between what happened with Monica Lewinsky and Paula Jones. This is a fine legal point that can be argued... but it places him out of the realm of PERJURY which IS a crime while lying under oath may NOT be a crime - reprehensible - yes - criminal maybe not.

Now, if you want to say you dislike Bill Clinton due to him lying...fine....lying under oath...fine...committing a criminal act such as PERJURY - there is where you go into the weeds. It was in many legal scholars minds NOT PERJURY... In fact, I have read left wing opinions - not perjury, independent opinions - not perjury, right wing opinions - most say perjury. Now, if it was purely right wing vs. left, I would say you couldn't tell. But with indies saying not ...well

So, hate him for lying...but be clear that in the context of what he said, WHEN he said it, and what was at THAT POINT IN TIME MATERIAL, probably NOT illegal.

Having read the transcript, the prosecutor was sloppy anyway. He asked if Bill had had sex with Monica. He did NOT define what entailed sex. There ARE quite a few people in this country who define sex as strictly coitus...not oral.. So the prosecutor could have rephrased the question and asked "Did you engage in any sexual act with..." simple question that is much broader...

But this is old news - try 8 years... Bill is gone. Now, to bring this back to being material - How does BILL'S behavior 8 years ago bear upon HILLARY?

Just out of curiosity, how are Bill's lies about sex worse than this administration's lies about other things...

Like for example, Dana Perino telling a reporter yesterday that a Bush did not say something in his speech (heard her say that Bush "never said that" then heard Bush's speech right after where he WAS saying that.."

Want to decry Dana Perino...and then her boss for allowing such a liar to work for him.

How about a VP who states that the opinion of the American public does NOT matter?

but again, how does this relate to Hillary or Barack?

Quote Originally Posted by GLW View Post
    The problem is NOT that he was in a suit about sexual misconduct...it was with WHOM. Paula Jones was the person.

Monica Lewinsky was what would ahve been strictly considered fishing. The attorney had not yet done something simple like establishing a pattern of behavior or doubt about behavior. So, there was no material connection between what happened with Monica Lewinsky and Paula Jones.
    Are you stuck on stupid? A guys sex life is relevant in a sexual harrassment case. If it was 'fishing', they sure landed a big one didn't they!

As for establishing a pattern, they were doing just that. That very deposition was where he finally admitted he indeed had sex with Gennifer Flowers despite his years of denials.

Quote Originally Posted by GLW View Post
    How does BILL'S behavior 8 years ago bear upon HILLARY?
    Several ways. It shows bad judgement at best (assuming she knew nothing of this) or complacency in lying in a court case (if she indeed knew Bill did it). She also led the attack machine on Monica and Paula Jones. She also got up on 60 Minutes and stood by him and said Gennifer Flowers was lying. She was wrong there too.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Hillary, lets see, took a $100,000 bribe as a future trade from Tyson Foods, she obstructed justice by ordering the shredding of Vince Fosters documents in the Rose Law Firm, she told aides to lie about removal of documents in the law firm,l she lied to investigators about the Caste Grande land flip.

Let's start with that, if you don't need the fact that her husband is a worthless scumbag who brought shame to the oval office, as a cheating douchebag.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Jack II View Post
    btw- I see you skipped over the below point very easy. Care to comment on how liberals are not in the business of saying one human is more valuable than another?
    Did Hillary have an abortion? Did Obama knock someone up who had an abortion? Where is the relevance here? If you want to start another thread about abortion then go ahead.

I think the war is a little more important.....go out and picket clinics if you like.

Both Hillary and Barack say they will bring the troops home...Now, I personally have doubts about this. I think once Barack gets in office he will find (or invent)certain logistics problems that will prevent him from doing this....Truth is he could have 90% of the troops out in two weeks and the remainer out in 3 months if he wanted to.

Anyway McCain says he wants to "win" the war? Just once I wish a conservative would quantify that statement. When you ask them what winning the war means they will tell you it's when the country is "stable"..... They will also hit you with the "panic" words...those words are "terrorists" and "Al Queda". Of course when ask to talk about the "terrorists" or "Al Queda" things start to break down in a hurry. The answer you'll usually get is "Those are the people who hate America."

The truth is most Americans view Al Queda as some sort of sophiscated organization with the potential to take over the world....right. In reality AQ is a small group of people who like to stir up trouble. Hell, there is no way they could outfit, arm and feed any army much less to the extent the GOP is trying to get us to believe. I still laugh when I see the AQ training flim of the soldiers climbing monkey bars and jumping over walls......We did that in middle school.

Anyway another thing they don't talk about is the fact that they were going to train the Iraqi army to take over. Just exactly how much training does it take? It's been five years. We could have sent them to law school and they could be practicing by now!

Finally, one of these days we will leave Iraq...within six months after we leave the American puppet government will fall.....that's just the way it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Jack II View Post
    Hillary, lets see, took a $100,000 bribe as a future trade from Tyson Foods, she obstructed justice by ordering the shredding of Vince Fosters documents in the Rose Law Firm, she told aides to lie about removal of documents in the law firm,l she lied to investigators about the Caste Grande land flip.

Let's start with that, if you don't need the fact that her husband is a worthless scumbag who brought shame to the oval office, as a cheating douchebag.
    Ken Starr spent all that money and time and did not find this?
    Mayhap we should have had you as special prosecuter!

Bythe way you dis Bill for having an affair yet you see Hillary as being less than human...If she was all that maybe Bill was justified!

Since you refuse to answer Black Jack's question, try mine:

Why do liberals send their kids to expensive private schools, but vote against vouchers that would let low income families send their children to private schools?
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderDawg View Post
    Ken Starr spent all that money and time and did not find this?
    Ken Starr was not investigating that.

sorry..but a LEGAL COURT does not work that way. You have to either show a pattern of behavior or you have to lay ground work that says questions about this person here are material to this other person and to the case.

You aslo misunderstand my point. I am not saying that they could NOT have done this. I am sure they could. They just did not lay the groundwork for the question WHEN ASKED to be material to the case. Had they simply made a couple of other statements to show a connection..asked a couple of simple questions...like "Do you ever do this type of things with other subordinates..." and gone off on that line FIRST...then asked about Monica, it would have been MATERIAL AND PERJURY.

Basically, it was an instance of them getting excited about having something and jumping the gun...as in incompetent questioning.

If you read the transcript...and not just the snippets that were juicy enough for the press, you can see all kinds of incompetence in the questions. You can get away with that with most people but not with ones who are lawyers or even married to lawyers. They are wordsmiths (the "What does IS mean" level...stupid yes..but that is the way the legal system works.)

AND to dwell on it for 8 years ? how is this germaine to Hillary or Barack?

He lied about a lot more important things ... not under oath but in places that counted a lot more. Get p!ssed about THOSE things.
    Last edited by GLW; 03-21-2008 at 10:41 AM.

"Several ways. It shows bad judgement at best (assuming she knew nothing of this) or complacency in lying in a court case (if she indeed knew Bill did it). She also led the attack machine on Monica and Paula Jones. She also got up on 60 Minutes and stood by him and said Gennifer Flowers was lying. She was wrong there too."

Now that is something worth exploring...

Bad judgement...OK Tell me more. (like how does this fit in with the idea of not wanting your husband's infidelity run up the flagpole in front of the entire congregation? is it different? ) I can see where it might show bad judgement

Leading the attack? Or is it just defending your family? (And not wanting to believe the ugly side of someone. Trust is tricky... Was it trust or delusion? Was it defense of family and friends of politics as usual - destroy the enemy? This too is worth thinking about)

Gennifer Flowers...that is more interesting...and again, how much did she believe Bill or was she delusional...or just political?

Those ideas are worth exploring...but the simple statement of "Bill Lied" - old news..expensive news, never went anywhere except an impeachment that was a foregone conclusion result.
    Last edited by GLW; 03-21-2008 at 10:42 AM.

BoulderDawg,

You like ditching questions I see, it's a typical tactic it seems of yours.

The relevance as I have already asked twice now is because of your statement below. If this is true than why the support of 38 million abortions.

Liberals are not in the business of saying one human is more valuable than another
    Since you refuse to answer Black Jack's question, try mine:
    Wait with baited breath...lol