Thread: Barrack and Hillary

Threaded View

Barrack and Hillary

Ah, the wonderful world of politics. Isn't it lovely!

I'm very noncommittal when it comes to national politics however I do like to observe especially now that we have a black man and a white women running for president.

This entire Rev. Wright thing is very interesting. I don't know the entire story and history on Rev Wright but I believe he's probably been preaching ever since the civil rights era. In any case I listened to all the controversal sermon sound bytes they have showed. I have no problem with any of them. As a matter of fact I agree with everything the man said. Granted he's not very diplomatic but sometimes you just got to tell the truth as you see it.

In any case kudos to Barrack for standing by Rev Wright and trying to explain to the American people why he is doing so. It's not going to do any good. More or less he got up yesterday and told white America, "Yes, white people I am a black man." Bravo! However it's not really what a lot of white people want to hear. I think until last week many saw Obama as not really being a black man...That has changed.

Will it cost him his opportunity to be elected president? Unfortunately now the answer is "more than likely". That said you have to hand it to the man for standing by Rev Wright and being honest with the people. Would Hillary have done the same? ......No. She would have left the church and condemned the preacher...that is if the polls told her that would be a good thing to say...sad to say Hillary has run the poorest campaign I've ever seen. Some of the things she has done and said simply defy imagination. "The results were fair and should be honored" comes to mind. Also, Barrack is simply not qualified to be president (she doesn't say it's because he is black but one has to wonder) however she says he's qualified to be VP....She says it's because he is inexperienced......well, one just has to look at Sen Clinton's record in congress to know that she's not exactly a major player either.

In any case I would like to see Obama win but we will see. It would really be sad to see McCain benefit from all of this and get elected.....
    Last edited by BoulderDawg; 03-19-2008 at 10:36 AM.