Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Streetfighter - Legend of Chun Li

Streetfighter - Legend of Chun Li

i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

NO.

I mean, sex fantasy, yes, workable, no.

Bison, if it's that killer from Hitcher, is going to rock. Same with Balrog.

Everything else sucks.
    BreakProof BackŪ Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

Wow, that casting sucks.
    Sure I love to see KK in a skimpy mandarin dress but seriously, have you seen her fight in Smallville ?
    Yikes !
    Lana-Fu !

Now, the top of her head is beautiful to see...
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Taboo? oh man....

No one can do a better Streetfighter than Jackie.

Kreuk was good as Snow White. Maybe she should take on Snow and the Seven.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    Kreuk was good as Snow White.
    'Fess up!
    You just liked the shot of her when she bent forward.........

Looks interesting. Despite the interesting casting choices, it would take a very very very "special"* effort to make this worse than the Jean Claude Van Damme one.

I'd have to say, that Jackie Chan clip- was that from City Hunter?- is better than the other Street Fighter movie in its entirety. Any Street Fighter-based movie that shows Ryu as anything other than a total kick-butting-fighting god (I think he was some kind of petty con-artist in the movie) and has him taking a backseat to Guile is fraudulent and should be shunned at all costs.

*By "special" I mean in the same sense that some Education, and some Olympics are "special."
    "Prepare your mind..." "For a mind explosion!"
    -The Human Giant, Illusionators

How can you make Chun Li the focus of this movie? And as for this movie at all.... WHY? Isn't Street Fighter kind of at the all-time low of its popularity? And didn't they learn from the last time they made a movie of this? Raul Julia? Van Damme? C'mon. News reporter Chun Li? How about that peice of crap that was DOA? I played DOA for one thing and one thing only, hilariously unrealistic breast physics. There weren't any actresses larger than a B cup in that movie.

I predict Street Fighter will suck, probably worse than the Van Damme stinker.

hilariously unrealistic breast physics

I've never been a big fan of movies based on videogames, but D.O.A. was very entertaining
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Quote Originally Posted by BlueTravesty View Post
    Any Street Fighter-based movie that shows Ryu as anything other than a total kick-butting-fighting god (I think he was some kind of petty con-artist in the movie) and has him taking a backseat to Guile is fraudulent and should be shunned at all costs.
    you gotta remember though, in the original SFII and SFII championship edition, guile was the strongest character, and thus was immensely popular. That's always been my guess as to why they focused on him. Either that or they wantd to be different, since the game focuses on ryu. Of course, it's also possible that they just really wanted van damme, and couldn't have played ryu...

Overall, the casting for this new movie doesn't impress me, but michael clarke duncan will be a badass balrog.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    I've never been a big fan of movies based on videogames, but D.O.A. was very entertaining

In what way? Don't get me wrong... Jaime Pressley plays a white trash wrestler girl great! She's an awesome white trash trailer park girl in My Name Is Earl. She does what she knows!

Still, I felt DOA was weak. Of course, the games have WAAAAAAY less story than Mortal Kombat. I was bummed that my favorite video game character of all time... Ryu Hayabusa of Ninja Gaiden fame... had almost nothing and didn't look cool at all. For shame young Kosugi, for shame!

If you read the DOA thread, I explain, Zenshiite

Meanwhile, here's an odd Japanese promo of Streetfighter: The Legend of Chun Li.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Streetfighter - Legend of Chun Li

booooo!!!! that sh!t is whack. which why i didnt bother posting it.

I second Dougs sentiment on this one....
    RAYNYSC

Although she is attractive I don't know what is worse:

Watching Kristen Kreuk try to act for 1.5 hours straight or watching Kristen Kreuk pretend she knows anything about martial arts.

The "Lana-Fu" bits of smallville represent the single most whack fight coreography in any major network program.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.