Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: rare hfy clip

rare hfy clip

http://emsergipe.globo.com/multimidia/?id=17236
    its a vid with bruce lee movie clips and then some hung fa yi wing chun! I know they don't share much so enjoy!
    P.S. if you want them to share more don't just insult them, make them welcome. i love seeing other takes on training methods etc.

This clip is product of a TV station down in Brazil. No actual technical HFY was show in this particular clip.

Quote Originally Posted by hhe View Post
    This clip is product of a TV station down in Brazil. No actual technical HFY was show in this particular clip.
    Well that's good to know, since 90% of this clip is from Bruce Lee flicks that have nothing to do with HFY! But its typical media coverage. Looks like the news coverage in Brazil isn't much better than the news coverage in the US!

Quote Originally Posted by hhe View Post
    No actual technical HFY was show in this particular clip.
    So the Forms being performed in the background of the Interview with the teacher, are not representitive of HFY ?

What about the shots between movie clips with the two men in black doing a Demo ?

DREW
    Training is the pursuit of perfection - Fighting is settling for results - ME

Thats not VT

"This may hurt a little but it's something you'll get used to"- TOOL

"I think the discussion is not really developing how I thought it would " - LoneTiger108

Its good to be the King - http://nz.youtube.com/watch?v=2vqmgJIJM98

if you want them to share more don't just insult them, make them welcome.
    I think it's fair to say that approach has already been tried without success.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

Quote Originally Posted by Liddel View Post
    So the Forms being performed in the background of the Interview with the teacher, are not representitive of HFY ?

What about the shots between movie clips with the two men in black doing a Demo ?

DREW
    I was going to ask the same thing. If the little bit of the forms shown and the techniques performed by the the Sifu were not HFY then what lineage of WC was demonstrated?
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    Traditional Wing Chun Academy NYC/L.A.
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

hhe are u a hfy practitioner? Just curious why you say there is no hfy in it.

Hello,

The man in the video, Alex Magnos, is a HFY teacher in Brazil under Master Benny Meng.

Alex Magnos was a Yip Man WC Sifu (Moy Yat lineage i believe) before he decided to start learning Hung Fa Yi long distance about 3 years ago. To date, Grandmaster Gee has only done 1 workshop in Brazil. The dummy form he is performing in the clip is probably from the Moy Yat lineage.

As for the guys in black, don't know what that's all about, looks like an old movie clip like so much of the Bruce Lee stuff.

Looks like the news coverage in Brazil isn't much better than the news coverage in the US!
    Amen!

The guys in black in the clip are HFY - including the wooden dummy moves. I'm sure of it.

And Andrew, you really crack me up, man...

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimatewingchun View Post
    The guys in black in the clip are HFY - including the wooden dummy moves. I'm sure of it.

And Andrew, you really crack me up, man...
    The guys I think are HFY from Brazil. The titles - master this and professor that, and the moves - forms in the background, dummy, demos with headgear and other demo stuff - not so much. Or at least nothing that I recognize.

And yes, anerlich is funny enough and well spoken enough to be worth having a pint with for the discussion and entertainment value.

Similar things...
    Looks like parts of HFY's Siu Nihm Tau form during the first 1 min 30 sec, but looking at their mechanics I'd have to say they are missing the HFY WC Formula and I would have to say they have not yet learned of other things from HFY for their SNT form...

Not at all HFY...
    The Muk Yan Jong in the footage is definitely NOT from Hung Fa Yi.

The Kwan Sau interceptions and following hands don't look like HFY to me.

The demo of the two guys on stage are NOT from HFY.

Just about everything else in that broadcast is NOT HFY.

-------------------------------

And yes, I am a HFY family member.
    Last edited by Savi; 03-23-2008 at 12:18 AM.
    World Hung Fa Yi Wing Chun Kung Fu Association

"Obey the natural laws and principles of the universe." ~ Grandmaster Garrett Gee

"Education which stops with efficiency may prove the greatest menace to society... We must remember intelligence is not enough. Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of true education.” ~ Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Savi View Post
    Similar things...
    Looks like parts of HFY's Siu Nihm Tau form during the first 1 min 30 sec, but looking at their mechanics I'd have to say they are missing the HFY WC Formula and I would have to say they have not yet learned of other things from HFY for their SNT form...

Not at all HFY...
    The Muk Yan Jong in the footage is definitely NOT from Hung Fa Yi.

The Kwan Sau interceptions and following hands don't look like HFY to me.

The demo of the two guys on stage are NOT from HFY.

Just about everything else in that broadcast is NOT HFY.

-------------------------------

And yes, I am a HFY family member.
    Thanks for the straight answer Savi. You didn't duck and dodge.
    PR
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

I speak Spanish and understand some Portuguese. The narrator clearly said
    HFY a few times. The Sifu featured even said HFY. Also, Keith uses his real name here. For you to name call him anonymously says volumes. That knee jerk response doesn't help your cause in the least.
    Last edited by Sihing73; 03-24-2008 at 12:38 PM.
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

No. I don't speak Portuguese, but I can recognize when the narration mentions "Hung Fa Yi" multiple times. So it doesn't take a genius to conclude that the feature was supposed to be about HFY, and yet when the HFY instructor is speaking what we are seeing in the background is not HFY because, according to you, he is not "allowed" to film any HFY methods. So this is deceptive story telling at its best. Nothing stupid about that conclusion!

Fact 1: The story is promoting HFY in Brazil
    Fact 2: Lots of unnecessary filler from Bruce Lee flicks, but hey...that's what attracts viewers!
    Fact 3: What is being demonstrated (other than Bruce Lee) is implied to by HFY, since this is a story promoting HFY in Brazil.
    Fact 4: What is being demonstrated is NOT HFY!
    Fact 5: This is deceptive to anyone watching that doesn't know anything about HFY!
    Fact 6: Nothing "stupid" about this conclusion
    Fact 7: Whether or not I am an "ahole" remains to be seen, but you can't conclude that from what I posted!
    Last edited by Sihing73; 03-24-2008 at 12:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    That sounds typical! Geesh.....give me a break! Now the HFY family is deceiving the general public in Brazil??!!!
    Keith, I fail to see any deception. As Savi stated, they are doing a version of HFY SNT in the background. Yes, it does lack certain technical things, but Alex Magnos is most certainly a HFY guy.

As a rule, we as a family don't do videos. Sifu Magnos was granted an exception to promote his school. Trying to keep the HFY shown to a minimum is not deceiving in any way.