Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: choy li fut wooden dummy book

choy li fut wooden dummy book

hi Folks,
    Does anyone know of the name of the sifu( i think it was NG sifu?)that wrote a book on the choy li fut ching chong & where you can get info on this sifu & does he have any disciplies carring on his lineage??.

cheers

I had the bok at one point but my sifu "misplaced" it on me....

I got mine on ebay, I would search around there as I believe it is out of print. Cool book though, the Sifu was the head of the Hung Sing in HK to my understanding (my sifu met him at some point) He most likely still has studnets teaching his line, ask Mokkori he would know.
    Robert James
    5th Gen. Bak Hsing Kwoon
    bakhsingkwoon@gmail.com
    http://www.youtube.com/user/SatoriScience
    "Whip the pole like the dragon whips its tail. Punches are like a tiger sticking out its head!"

My friend gave me the book as a gift once. Its pretty old and tattered, but its still pretty cool.

Auther is Ho Ngau, student of Ngan Yiu Ting, who was a student of Chan Koon Pak.

I think Sifu Ho has passed away already, the book is old, there is no date only one picture dated 1975. Sifu Ho l,ooks like he is in his late 80's in the book. So I take it he is gone now.
    得 心 應 手

蔡 李 佛 中 國 武 術 學 院 - ( 南 非 )

used to be in the yookay, but now in my own little world.
    Although not the same as what is in the wooden dummy book here's a clip of the Ho Ngau lineage wooden dummy form. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hz6NEZLsTE0

choy lee fut dummy

This small book is authored by Leo Chu and demonstrated by Ho Ngau. Brendan Lai supply company added an English insert in the late70’s. Later on because it popularity it was re released or reprinted (Chinese) in Macao. Both books retain the same errors, author and printers. Although the book is put together badly it is a classic and much sought out by collectors. It is great clf. Ho Ngau grandson teaches in SF Chinatown. I have scanned the whole book but unfortunately do not know how to downsize my files for this forum's limit.

I belive that Ngan Yiu Ting's grandson teaches in SF chinatown. Never heard anything about Ho Ngau's grandson.

clf nole you may be right as my classmates who speak toisan? told me they are related. one told me Ngau Ho was his uncle the other told me grandson. anyway i have some pics.

I'm in the Ho Ngau lineage through Jeh Cheuk Tong, his U.S. representative. Ho sifu visited us in Hawaii in the early '70s and taught us the muhk jong set among other things. The book has some errors as well as repeated movements that we didn't learn but it shows the moves well enough. I haven't seen Ngan Cho Keung's version but the lineages were the same up to Ho's generation.
    JD

Quote Originally Posted by jdhowland View Post
    I'm in the Ho Ngau lineage through Jeh Cheuk Tong, his U.S. representative. Ho sifu visited us in Hawaii in the early '70s and taught us the muhk jong set among other things. The book has some errors as well as repeated movements that we didn't learn but it shows the moves well enough. I haven't seen Ngan Cho Keung's version but the lineages were the same up to Ho's generation.
    JD
    Is there anything you can tell me about Ho Ngau and his background in CLF? Im really curious because recently I saw this video posted titles "Sup Ying Keun":
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEw0rPbp1VE
    This form isnt Sup Ying Keun though, its called Daai Sup Ji Keun (Large Cross Pattern Fist). The performers form was move for move exactly like the Hung Sing form in my lineage through Chui Kwong Yeun. And it even has some of CKY's signature movements in it. Are you sure, or can anyone else tell me, is this form really from Ho Ngau?

definately not ho ngau

unless ho ngau learnt off tarm sarm

Blog Entries
    mokkori knows what he's talking about. i know that the set is really dai sup ji kuen as well. its not a buk sing form, it is a hung sing form.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Blog Entries
    clfnole is correct. its ngan yiu ting this is at 8 chinatown lane in C-town.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Quote Originally Posted by hakka jai View Post
    hi Folks,
    Does anyone know of the name of the sifu( i think it was NG sifu?)that wrote a book on the choy li fut ching chong & where you can get info on this sifu & does he have any disciplies carring on his lineage??.

cheers
    Hi is this the book your refering:
    http://www.plumpub.com/images/Mini/c...i/bk_tc801.jpg

i don't know if this helps
    5th Five Tigers Kung Fu Championship 2008
    http://www.fivetigerschampionship.com/
    http://www.jowtigers.com

CLFNole and HSKWarrior are correct. Ngan, Yiu Ting's grandson, Ngan, Cho Keong, teaches in SF Chinatown. Last year I spoke to him and observed his students practicing at his studio. He seems like a very nice and sincere person.

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    mokkori knows what he's talking about. i know that the set is really dai sup ji kuen as well. its not a buk sing form, it is a hung sing form.
    but didnt Chui Gwong Yuen sifu's father, Chui Cheung sisukjo learn off sijo Tarm Sarm?

Chui Cheung calls his style Hung Sing, but ive been told the techniques he taught in his style were sijo Tarm Sarm's Buk sing techniques, and Sijo Tarm Sarm's fighting philosophy.

so i think its natural for alot of buk sing practioners to instantly see the connection
    coz its 99% identical to what we all do, from beginning to end.
    im not juss saying simple gwa sau charp, "oh its identical". i mean the sequence of movements. from the salute to the end.

Correct me if im wrong mokkori, this is definately one of the subjects i will like to cover when i see Chui Gwong Yuen Sifu next, is that this Sup Ji Kune is not mainstream Fut San Hung Sing Clf Sup Ji Kune, but is Chui Cheung Hung Sing CLF from Tarm Sarm Sup Ji Kune

Mokkori if you don't like what i just wrote, lemme know. Thats just what i think.Correct me otherwise