Thread: Fu Zhongwen Taijiquan

Fu Zhongwen Taijiquan

Just wandering if anyone is studying taiji as passed down by Master Fu Zhongwen
    I know the list is small ,but hopefully all is not lost . I am also looking for articles by Master Fu, if anyone know where to find them please PM .
    Thanks

I am surprised know one from California Area has responded. Anyone familar with Master Xie Bingcan?

new orleans taiji

I have studied yang taiji with Shawn Liu, who studied with Fu Zhong Wen
    www.shaolin-world.net

Gordon Feng, student of Fu Zhongwen, teaches in San Francisco, CA.

An interview with him discussing his views on Tai Chi and his training with Fu Zhongwen is in my book "Nei Jia Quan, Second Edition" by Jess O'Brien

-Jess O'Brien

Thanks guys . I tried to look up Gordon Feng but could not find anything on him.
    I have heard of Master Liu and see he has learned from Master Fu but no details on what he learned from Master Fu .

I know he had learned among other things the Yang 108 form as well as the yang sword form from fu zhong wen. i also saw his video that he recorded of him demonstrating both of those forms near the end of his life.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis View Post
    I know he had learned among other things the Yang 108 form as well as the yang sword form from fu zhong wen. i also saw his video that he recorded of him demonstrating both of those forms near the end of his life.
    Remember oasis Master Fu Zhongwen said the hand form is 85 postures not 108.
    Keeping Master Fu's Methods and teachings as he trained we have to follow his teachings otherwise others will think you have added or deleted or dont know his methods. It would be nice to find someone that knows and promote what I call old school taiji as Master Fu taught.

DMK, my teacher referred to it as the 85 form and even gave us a handout from fu sheng yuan's school listing the 85 movements. i simply have gotten use to calling it 108 since so many others who practice this same form simply count the movements differently.

Feng Guo An

Hi, I have contact info for Gordon Feng in San Francisco. Please email me at

Xingyiquan5ATyahoo.com and I'll get it for you.

-Jess O'Brien

Rockwood,
    I finally got a chance to read Mr.Feng interview, but was impressed by Mr. William Lewis interview . For me his teaching style and training lines up for what I would be looking for even though he teaches hsing yi.

Fu Qingquan - The Belt and Road China Tai Chi Culture World Tour

Fu Qingquan is Fu Zhongwen's grandson - demonstrating at last month's The Belt and Road China Tai Chi Culture World Tour
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Grandmaster Fu Qingquan Demonstration

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

From my understanding, Fu Zhongwen was the one responsible for spreading Yangshtaijiquan as is seen today but when the social climate 'improved', the Yang surnamed group took over.
    I am familiar with the 'rice bowl' sphere, but more credit should be given to Fu Zhongwen for the birth of the Yongnian Foundation that allowed for Yang style to proliferate. Whether Yang Family, Yang Style, Yang etc ., that is a different matter

SUMMER 2019 Cover Story

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips