Decided it was time to put up a log over here on KFM.
I've been doing one consistently since 1 Jan 2008...it has been a long time goal to have a journal and to keep it going for at least a whole year. I've been using a journal feature on another site but figured I'd put it over here as I've been here a long time and my focus is still Kung Fu in my training.

My goals for the year have been to compete thrice, perform 200 55pd snatches in under 10min, and open a San Da club in Winnipeg. I'd also like to get stronger, as always, but that seems to take a backseat to conditioning and martial training.
My best lifts are 315 deadlift and 225 squat. Not bad but nothing special.

So far I have fought Judo and San Shou. I took silver in both going 1-2 in Judo and 2-1 in San Shou. If things go well with work this summer I hope to fight San Shou in July or August if possible. I will more than likely fight Judo again but I need to get my technique up to par (my first tournament I had trained for maybe 10 classes in total...kung fu base sure helped though!).

I've been training for 8 years this May in everything from Savate to boxing to CLF, to wushu, to Judo to kung fu. I spent 6 years doing Black Tiger kung fu and continue to practice this daily. I've been doing Judo since Nov 2007 and have a great club with a couple of Olympians for coaches. Although I've always maintained kickboxing training and conditioning, I've recently had the pleasure of hooking up with a Coach/Sifu in the city who has fought quite a bit of San Shou and who let me come to his Kung Fu club and spar with him to prepare. I'm also hitting up LKFMDC's club in NY this April for an instructor seminar and will hopefully be getting our website and posters for the club going in May...plus forking over the dough for mats!

On to the training!