Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I hate running...

I hate running...

I hate running but I forced myself to get up a half hour earlier to take the dogs out for a run. I have noticed that my female (german shepard/chow) is getting very disruptive as the weather warms up and my male (german shepard/boxer) is getting fat. The best answer I could come up with was to get up earlier and take them for a short run after my morning tai chi. And it's not like a short run is going to kill me. I just hate running. I guess we'll have to see how long I stick with it. Though if it keeps Sissy from trashing the house while I'm at work, it might be easier than I think to keep it up. The center cushion on my couch can't take much more of her being board...
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it

That's one of the reasons I wanna get a shepard. I need a running partner to keep me motivated who doesn't talk crap when I get winded before him.
    Many roads. One path.

Many styles. One art.

Many lineages. One practioner.

LOL! Can't beet a shepard for that! Although Sonic (male) did whine about being drug out for a run rather than a nice walk. Might have something to do with why he and I are both getting a bit pudgy.
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it

Ok. Gave up tryint to get Sonic to run at more than a slow trot. Every time I try to push him, he plnts his butt and jerks me off ballance- Not the way I like to start my morning and a good way to injure my arm. Again. (He's done it to me before.) So It was just Sissy and I running the last few days. She is definanltly more clam threw the day, but now wants a run at night, too. I think I might need to go find one of those dog leashes for bikes. 2 1 mile runs is not too bad, but doing this everyday for the las 4 days, I have notices that the same old constant ache I get in my upper thieghs is back. I know from various docs that this is raidient pain from my messed up hips.

Any other sugestions?

steps:

1 buy frisbee

2 apply peanut butter to fribee

3 let dog smell

4 take outside and throw frisbee

Your dog will now be trained in the art of frisbee catching
    Bless you

I tried. He just looked at it, looked at me, and sat down. The closest thing to exersize I can get the lard-butt to do is a slow trot or some of a doggie confidance course (a-frame and pole weaving only). And at 75 lbs, I can't make him do squat. Thank goodness he's a good natured dog!

Any other ideas? The frizby didn't work for Sissy, either. But she's the one who really needs to burn off excess energy, and I just can't keep up the running. Man, I wish I'd had the sence to listen to my Doc when I was yonger...

Ok. No run this morning at all- it's raining mixed with sleet, and I'm just not that hard core.

I did do all of my Yoga for Martial Artists DVD, and now I'm so hyper i'm bouncing off the walls... This is why I usually only do the cat series and sun salutaions 1,2, & 3. The whole thing seems to infuse me with boundless energy, and that is not a good thing when you work at a desk.

Quote Originally Posted by Becca View Post
    Ok. No run this morning at all- it's raining mixed with sleet, and I'm just not that hard core.

I did do all of my Yoga for Martial Artists DVD, and now I'm so hyper i'm bouncing off the walls... This is why I usually only do the cat series and sun salutaions 1,2, & 3. The whole thing seems to infuse me with boundless energy, and that is not a good thing when you work at a desk.

Is it this Yoga for martial arts dvd?
    http://www.grapplearts.com/Yoga-For-...-info.php?sid=
    If it is could you give a brief review?
    Bless you

Yep, that's the one. I love it! You can tailor you workout to as much, or little time as you've got. It doesn't seem to take as long to get good and warmed up if I do that before group class, and unlike some warm ups, it doesn't leave you drained. If your group class is anything like mine, I need every drop of gas to get through it, and I need to be all the way warmed up before it begins, so that DVD has been a god-send.

More often than not, I skip the Bellows breathing, and do a Chi Gong breathing exersize, but from there on, I do the sets as they are shown.

Anything else?

Had a nice, if shortend run with both dogs this morning. I gues Sonic was board yesterday. Did have to dodge more than a few lakes that grew in the middle of the road, though. Usually Colorado get nothin' but snow this time of year. South Metro Denver got snow. Those of us up north got RAIN. Lots and lots of rain. I missed class last night due to trying to stem one heck of a leak in my roof. Well, 1 big leak and about 4 little ones. Assuming it stays nice today, I will be on the roof after work replacing the flashing around the chimny... Good time to work on stances?

The runs with Sissy are getting pretty good. My dogs have found a freind in a pure bred german shepard who is aperantly allowed to run free. This definantly makes for an interesting run, not jog. Sonic is excused from the runs since Tuesday, as he sprained his wrist. On a side note: Am I the only one who didn't know that the joint just above the dog's paw is called a wrist if it is on a front leg and an ancle on the back? I figure, if it is on a leg, it is an ancle by default, but the vet probably has better info on this, so wrist it is.

I also found out that very fast runs followed up with 20 minutes of weight training makes you hurt the next day. I had a dentist apointment and so didn't need to leave the house as early as usual. but the dogs still though I needed to take 'em potty at the regular time. Next time I have a few extra minutes, I think I do chi gong...

Blog Entries
    Becca,

Take It From Me. I Feel No Matter How Much You Hate Running..........you Would Change Your Mind If In My Shoes.

Personally I'd Give Anything To Be Able To Run Again. Since I Became Paralyzed From The Waist Down, Running Is Only In My Dreams. Literally.

I Know Im Just Butting In, But Trust Me, You'd Think Differently If Your Legs Were To Be Taken From You.

Keep It Up.

Peace
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

People have the endurance to run most animals to death. If you start running further everyday or what not, you might have to leave the dogs behind.

OH and it's "ankle".
    - 三和拳

"Civilize the mind but make savage the body" Mao Tse Tsung

"You're certainly intelligent enough to know how to be a good person without the lead weights of religious dogma." Serpent

"There is no evidence that the zombie progeny of an incestuous space ghost cares what people do." MasterKiller

"If there isn't a chance that you're going to lose in a fight, then you're not fighting tough enough competition." ShaolinTiger00

BLOG
    MYSPACE
    FACEBOOK
    YOUTUBE

Quote Originally Posted by SanHeChuan View Post
    People have the endurance to run most animals to death.
    Have you ever owned a dog?

BTW the ankle thing, funny
    Bless you

Quote Originally Posted by bodhitree View Post
    Is it this Yoga for martial arts dvd?
    http://www.grapplearts.com/Yoga-For-...-info.php?sid=
    If it is could you give a brief review?
    yo bodhi,

just caught this... i've got it too. its ok. if your looking for something fairly basic to work along with its ideal, you can just put it on and follow along. every exercise has a basic and an advanced version which is nice.

i'll maybe rewatch it with an eye to a decent review if i get time and your that interested.