Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 945 total @ 148: 350/235/360: vid of 350 squat

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Take a break from benching, try focusing on weight dips and shoulder presses.Do Benching once a week only.
    thats basically what i was doing for the summer. im taking a break from all the heavy tripples doing a lot more volume ... more bb style. doing incline presses, flies, etc. in the 8 - 12 range. i was thinking about another run on the 20 rep squats and milk program, but i still get mild exertion headaches from last summer with any type of durration exercise. i cant say for sure it was the 20 rep squats that caused the headaches, but iron fist got the exact same type of headache doing 20 rep squats as well. its a shame though ... i was packing on a lot of lean mass very quickly. lowering bf at the same time.

my dips were doing alright for while ... right around 60 for sets of 6 - 8, but i just did 45 on saturday and sets of 5 was pretty much failure. they don't take long to work up though.
    where's my beer?

Quote Originally Posted by rogue View Post
    Do you get extra points for doing it sideways?
    sideways squats work your lower abs.
    where's my beer?

Quote Originally Posted by GunnedDownAtrocity View Post
    thats basically what i was doing for the summer. im taking a break from all the heavy tripples doing a lot more volume ... more bb style. doing incline presses, flies, etc. in the 8 - 12 range. i was thinking about another run on the 20 rep squats and milk program, but i still get mild exertion headaches from last summer with any type of durration exercise. i cant say for sure it was the 20 rep squats that caused the headaches, but iron fist got the exact same type of headache doing 20 rep squats as well. its a shame though ... i was packing on a lot of lean mass very quickly. lowering bf at the same time.

my dips were doing alright for while ... right around 60 for sets of 6 - 8, but i just did 45 on saturday and sets of 5 was pretty much failure. they don't take long to work up though.
    The majority of people that get headaches (exertion headaches) from Squats is because of improper breathing.
    How are you breathing?
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

next time, try to go for a full upside down. makes it a lot easier.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    The majority of people that get headaches (exertion headaches) from Squats is because of improper breathing.
    How are you breathing?
    i fairly certain i pulled something, but its been a while now. i figure either my trap or my sterncleidomastoid.

i use the valalvas maneuver pretty exclusively, although i may breath out a little during lighter sets about half way up if im pumping them out. another name for the 20 rep squats are breating squats ... when i was doing these id take at least 3 huge breaths between each and every rep.

the weird thing was that intensity didnt seem to trigger it ... only durration. when they first started the headaches were pretty mild while doing high rep pushups, chins, or running. they would last for a few seconds and subside. of course i didnt see this as a cue to back off so they got progressively worse. at their peak swimming, sex, even taking a **** could trigger a full blown migrain. i took a few weeks off, and then i was able to do a 5x5 routine with no problem. i even hit some prs. however, doing pushups, chins, curls, anything lasting longer than 30 seconds or so, caused mild headaches. i still get them sometimes when going up several flights of steps or walking/jogging. short sprints dont seem to bother it though.

this is actually an exerpt of one of my workouts from the time:
    (i was also warming up with sprints half the time, so the entire thing may have also been a result of overtraining)

August 17th

Pushups 0

Squat
    170 x 20

Pullovers
    25 x 20

SLDL
    120 x 15

Pullovers
    25 x 20

Incline BP
    150 x 10, 150 x 10, 150 x 7

Chins
    15, 11, 5

Military Press
    95 x 12, 95 x 9, 95 x 9

Muscle Shrug (1 -3 sec Pause)
    155 x 12, 155 x 15, 135 x 12

Bar Curl
    85 x 8, 85 x 6

Skull Crusher
    75 x8, 65 x 10

Hammer Curl + Rolling Tri Extention SuperSet
    35 x 8 +, 15 x15
    35 x 8 + 15 x 15

Wrist Curl to Fingertips
    65 x 12, 70 x 12

Reverse DB Wrist Curl + Reverse Curl Super Set
    35 x 9 + 25 x 9; 45 x 10

*started off with squats again today after light warmup and by the end of the set I couldn’t feel any other part of my body besides the throbbing in my head. When I wracked it I laid on the floor and it felt like the back of my head was going to explode. I took 2 excedrine migrains previous to training just in case - by the time i got to benching the headache subsided to barely noticable.

*all military presses since first workout have been done strict style with no english.

*skull crushers with 75lbs caused sharp pain in my elbow, but 65 felt fine
    where's my beer?

My 2cetns in regards to Valsalva and ST, from what I have been told.
    Great for pure strength training - less than 3 reps 95%+ Max.
    Horrid and dangerous ( in some cases) for high rep work.
    I can see head aches and other issues from using Valsalva in high rep work.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

I had someone rotate my squat vid so it is right side up. I don't have any video editing tools, tho, or I would've done it myself.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Quote Originally Posted by IronFist View Post
    I had someone rotate my squat vid so it is right side up. I don't have any video editing tools, tho, or I would've done it myself.
    did you catch the comment on sideways squats?
    where's my beer?