Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Zombies!

Biblical proportions

Mom of face-eating attacker says: 'He was no zombie'
    May 31, 2012, 9:45 a.m.

A face-eating zombie cannibal or a Bible-reading, church-attending Christian?

Those are the two vastly different portraits being presented of Rudy Eugene, above left. He was gunned down by police Saturday afternoon in Miami after horrified onlookers found him naked and chewing on a homeless man's face, eating off his mouth, nose and forehead and gouging out one of the victim's eyes. The victim, above right, remains hospitalized and faces months, if not years, of recovery.

Eugene's mother, speaking out for the first time, said she's devastated by her son's inexplicable actions. But she says the media have her son all wrong.

She also criticized police for killing her son instead of trying to find other means of subduing the man that she said faithfully read the Bible and accompanied her to church.

“Everybody says that he was a zombie, but I know he’s not a zombie; he’s my son,” the mother, identified by the Miami Herald as Ruth Charles, told the newspaper.

"I feel devastated. That was not him who was seen on TV doing that. He was a nice kid. He was a good kid. He gave me a nice card on Mother’s Day," she told CBS TV in Miami. She added: "I never had any problems with him. The police don’t have to shoot him. They could have Tased him."

Mom might be speaking from experience. The Herald and CBS report that North Miami Beach Police used a stun gun on Eugene to break up a domestic dispute involving his mother in 2004. Beyond that incident, Eugene was arrested for a handful of minor, marijuana-related charges.

There has been some speculation that Eugene might have been fueled to a frenzy by "bath salts" -- a nickname for a potent, cocaine-and-speed laced street drug. It will take weeks before toxicology reports are completed.
    Meanwhile, the victim's chances of recovery remain unclear. A homeless man who had a problem with alcohol, Ronald Poppo has suffered a loss of more than 75% of his face, according to reports. Doctors are trying to deal with the immediate concern -- infection -- before they begin addressing the possibility of facial reconstructive surgery.
    If Poppo is homeless, how will he afford reconstructive surgery? I can't imagine that there's any insurance that covers having your face eaten.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Yep "bath salts", that's the one.
    Combo of cocaine and speed ( or crack and speed or a mix of coke, speed and E), anyways...
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Start spreading the news...

Zombie Cannibals are here today - you're all going to be a part of it

(sing along now)

Greetings,

Though, I am incredibly against the use of drugs, I am for the right of people to grow their own stuff for their own personal use.

A few years ago, in Harlem, I have seen people who were crack and cocaine users buy some stuff that was laced with heroine. They did not know it. One of my clients who had a substance abuse problem went from speaking 100 miles an hour to a wickedly slow Southern drawl.

mickey

Bath Salts explained.

Here's a terrible secret. Plato was actually right...life imitates art. the more people are exposed to an idea, even when it's represented in a negative light, the more they are prone to accept it. It's true, sadly.

I don't have TV so just in the last few months I watched season 1 of Dexter, and I just watched season 1 and a few episodes of season 2 of the Game of Thrones. I think they're brilliant shows, and I enjoy watching them...but Oh my God, I can't believe the stuff they put on television these days.

As long as I brought up television and how it's changed in my life, I might as well mention that Bill Cosby's daughter ate at my restaurant today. She left a %100 tip...I miss family values television.

Wow. Well, I guess it's true. we get over 30 and we start turning into conservatives. Maybe I'm just a zombie and don't know it.

In fact, according to Huffington Post:

•91 percent of users had neurological damage
    •77 percent experienced cardiovascular damage
    •49 percent had psychological difficulties associated with the drug
    •37 percent of the people who suffered mental health problems reported attempting suicide or having suicidal thoughts related to bath salts

wow....thats...bad...m'kay?
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

People are always finding new ways to **** themselves up.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    People are always finding new ways to **** themselves up.
    Too lame...God made all the drugs a human should need.

Wouldn't you know it?

spam from zombies
    Scammers hope you'll bite on 'zombie' news
    By Matt Liebowitz, SecurityNewsDaily

The past few weeks have given us a rash of unbelievably gruesome news stories. There's the 21-year-old college student who allegedly killed, dismembered and ate his victim's brain and heart; the Swedish man arrested for reportedly eating his wife's lips; and the "zombie" that started it all, Rudy Eugene, who was shot and killed by Miami police while in the process of eating another man's face.

Each story is horrific, disgusting and compelling in its own way — in other words, perfect fodder for online scammers.

Right now, there is surveillance footage of Eugene's May 26 attack, but the 18-minute video, embedded in articles from local Miami news sources including the Miami Herald, is partially obscured by a bridge. There is no other video, no "exclusive" footage or "never-before-seen" angle. This is important to remember, as online scammers, in a plea to get you to click on possibly harmful links, often promise to show you the "real" videos or photos you haven’t seen.

Scammers used these tactics after the Japan earthquake and tsunami last year and after the deaths of Osama bin Laden, Saddam Hussein, Michael Jackson and Whitney Houston. SecurityNewsDaily hasn't yet seen any rigged emails or Facebook posts about these horrific "zombie" incidents, but they will almost certainly pop up in the next few days. They could come from anywhere, but with some common sense, you can keep your computer out of trouble.

The advice is simple: Use your brain. If you need to satisfy your curiosity and thirst for gore, read stories about these crimes from legitimate news sources. No matter how enticing or convenient, don't simply click on a link you see on Facebook or Twitter or in an unsolicited email.

Scammers know how captivating these horrifying stories are, and they're sure to cast their bait far and wide in the hopes of getting you to bite. As a matter of course, make sure you are running up-to-date anti-virus software on your computer to protect you in the event you fall for one of the scammers' tricks.
    "Use your brain"... if I were writing about zombies and dropped this line, you know it would be a one way ticket to pun times.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

His victim of this massacre made a terrible mistake. He went to the ground like a BJJ black belt.

Never go to the ground. I'm just surprised that some of the zombies best friends didn't show up and start kicking the victim in the head.
    1bad65--They Call Him Ore Ida, the Tater-Terminator
    http://www.freewebs.com/shaolinninjitsu/
    Quote Originally Posted by Mega-Foot View Post
    We had to shut down our first Shaolin Ninjitsu in Shangdong when a key mistranslation of ancient scrolls led to the entire clan bowing down to incense and burning buddhas everywhere in the province.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Takeshi View Post
    Trolling? What does fishing have to do with this?
    Ashida Kim taught me everything I ever needed to know about the missile dropkick.

It's all the more reason to support Prop 35, which will legalize the free and open carrying rights for a combat ready kwan dao.

Support Prop 35!
    1bad65--They Call Him Ore Ida, the Tater-Terminator
    http://www.freewebs.com/shaolinninjitsu/
    We had to shut down our first Shaolin Ninjitsu in Shangdong when a key mistranslation of ancient scrolls led to the entire clan bowing down to incense and burning buddhas everywhere in the province.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Takeshi View Post
    Trolling? What does fishing have to do with this?
    Ashida Kim taught me everything I ever needed to know about the missile dropkick.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    A face-eating zombie cannibal or a Bible-reading, church-attending Christian?
    They appear to be the same! Just add the Salts!
    Gun fu may be more appropriate!
    Last edited by mawali; 06-18-2012 at 07:54 PM.

Negative on bath salts

Just goes to show how rumors start...

Tests find only marijuana in face-chewer's system
    SUZETTE LABOY | June 27, 2012 06:10 PM EST | AP
    Compare other versions »

MIAMI — Lab tests detected only marijuana in the system of a Florida man shot while chewing another man's face, the medical examiner said Tuesday, ruling out other street drugs including the components typically found in the stimulants known as bath salts.

There has been much speculation about what drugs, if any, would lead to the bizarre behavior that authorities said Rudy Eugene exhibited before and during the gruesome attack that left the other man horribly disfigured. A Miami police union official had suggested that Eugene, who was shot and killed by an officer, was probably under the influence of bath salts.

The Miami-Dade County Medical Examiner said in a news release that the toxicology detected marijuana, but it didn't find any other street drugs, alcohol or prescription drugs. Eugene also tested negative for adulterants commonly mixed with street drugs.

The department ruled out the most common components found in bath salts, which mimic the effects of cocaine or methamphetamine and have been associated with bizarre crimes in recent months. An outside forensic toxicology lab, which took a second look at the results, also confirmed the absence of bath salts, synthetic marijuana and LSD.

Messages left with the medical examiner's office for comment were not immediately returned.

It's not clear what led to the May 26 attack on Ronald Poppo, a 65-year-old homeless man who remains hospitalized. Eugene's friends and family have said he was religious, not violent and that he didn't drink or do drugs harder than marijuana.

"There's no answer for it, not really," Eugene's younger brother, Marckenson Charles, said in an interview. "Anybody who knew him knows this wasn't the person we knew him to be. Whatever triggered him, there is no answer for this."

Surveillance video from a nearby building shows Eugene stripping Poppo and pummeling him, before appearing to hunch over and lie on top of him. The police officer who shot Eugene to death said he growled at the officer when he told him to stop.

Charles, Eugene's brother, said the family does not plan to pursue any legal action against the police for shooting Eugene.

"They used the force they felt was necessary, even if we don't agree with that,' he said.

He said that Eugene has been buried.

Shortly before the attack, a person driving on the MacArthur Causeway told a 911 dispatcher a "completely naked man" was on top of one of the light poles on the causeway and "acting like Tarzan." Still, police have said little about what may prompted Eugene to attack Poppo.

Poppo has undergone several surgeries and remains hospitalized. His left eye was removed, but doctors said earlier this month they were trying to find a way to restore vision in his right eye. He will need more surgeries before he can explore the options for reconstructing his face, doctors have said. A message left with the hospital was not immediately returned.

Poppo's family has said it had no contact with him for more than 30 years and thought he was dead.

Eugene's girlfriend, meanwhile, has said he never showed any signs of violence. Yovonka Bryant said she and Eugene often read the Bible and the Quran together, and often watched a religious television program in the mornings. She said she never saw Eugene drink and only saw him smoke marijuana once at a party.
    Maybe it wasn't the drugs at all. Maybe it was the Bible and the Quran.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

finally the proof we need. over dosing on religion will turn you into a zombie. i always knew it...
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.