Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Zombies!

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    a burger joint for vikings?
    I would so go there....
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

hmmm... If I were killing zombies and I had to have a blunt weapon and bladed weapon, I would use a narrow sword, and a fan. One because their exactly the same weapon, 2 because fan is used to strike cavities, ie, temple, jade palace, eyeballs, and can be used easily with qinna and to cover zombie mouths. 3 because I think it would be a blast to run through the crowd cutting off heads and limbs with no fear of consequences,

screw using a sword or any hand to hand weapon fighting zombies. I'm stock piling up mass quantities of 10ga. shotgun shells. Only as a last resort am I fighting zombies at close quarters.
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.

If my family was killed by zombies, or there wasnt a lot, I would definately use them as a training tool. I would be like woody harrelson in zombie land

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonzbane76 View Post
    screw using a sword or any hand to hand weapon fighting zombies. I'm stock piling up mass quantities of 10ga. shotgun shells. Only as a last resort am I fighting zombies at close quarters.
    Conservatively, you'd need thousands, if not millions, of rounds. And a lot of spare time.

Why?

Day of the Dead: Dr notes that they are outnumbered, a solid 100,000 to one.

Dawn of the Dead (2004) - Guy (a crack shot, mind you) was on the rooftop shooting them for days. Noted that they were increasing faster than he could shoot them.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Zombies are drugged, cognitively impaired Carribean people who have been done over by the local shaman basically.

otherwise, who here is gullible enough to believe the idea that people will rise up out of their graves and stalk you?

who believes that?

are you utterly stupid? lol.

wait, nevermind ....
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    Zombies are drugged, cognitively impaired Carribean people who have been done over by the local shaman basically.

otherwise, who here is gullible enough to believe the idea that people will rise up out of their graves and stalk you?

who believes that?

are you utterly stupid? lol.

wait, nevermind ....
    "The chances of anything coming from Mars was a million to one, they said. But still... they come" ~WotW
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

Conservatively, you'd need thousands, if not millions, of rounds. And a lot of spare time.

Why?

Day of the Dead: Dr notes that they are outnumbered, a solid 100,000 to one.

Dawn of the Dead (2004) - Guy (a crack shot, mind you) was on the rooftop shooting them for days. Noted that they were increasing faster than he could shoot them.
    agreed but would you rather take aim from a distance or be in the middle of 100k zombies with a sword?

Ttt

To The Top - it's Halloween!!!

Happy Halloween, ladies!

~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

Some one was just telling me about these zombie races....spooooky.

Also gotta mention the new film Zombie 108 here.
    Wed, Apr 11 2012
    Philippine runners race to survive zombie horde
    By Peter Blaza
    LAGUNA PROVINCE, Philippines | Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:21am EDT

(Reuters) - Natural and man-made obstacles studded the course of a Philippine race, but the real danger to the thousands of runners came from the hordes of "zombies".

About five thousand people dashed along the five km (three mile) course of the survival-themed race in Laguna Province, about 38 km south of Manila, dodging an assortment of the walking undead in the contest based on a popular U.S. race.

Two hundred actors dressed as post-apocalyptic zombies hid behind trees, bushes and rocky uphill climbs along the five km (three mile) course to surprise the unsuspecting runners and symbolically feast on their brains by stealing flags attached to the runners' waists.

Once all three flags were stolen, runners were "dead." But they could gain additional flags by carrying out optional tasks that often involved zombies guarding the various prizes.

Organizers said the races helped both amateur and professional runners stay focused without the boredom that can kill some runs.

"We like watching zombie shows and it really tickles our imagination," said Angelo Cruz, organizer of Outbreak Manila, which seeks to promote fitness through the races and plans to hold similar events in the coming months.

"Right now, to have it in reality, it's making everyone's summer - I hope."

There were two different routes available, trading difficulty with length to the finish according to the runner's skills and preference.

To keep both runners and zombies safe from injuries, organizers imposed a rule that forbade the zombies from any physical contact with the runners aside from taking their flags and scaring them witless.

Not all of the zombies, many well known from popular television shows, movies or music videos, used crude fright techniques.

One, from Michael Jackson's "Thriller" video, danced to trick runners into letting down their guard, at which point it snatched their flags.

At the end, runners were awarded prizes for their struggle and tried to express their feelings about surviving a global zombie takeover and what might be needed.

"The well-trained surely have higher endurance," said Rodson Santos, a university student who wore a robot costume as his way of surviving the zombie hordes.

"If you can outrun the zombies, then you'll probably survive. But if you're just a regular person without any exercise, chances are you will be easily caught."

Others drew even harsher lessons from the experience.

"In a zombie apocalypse, I guess it's all about thinking about yourself and your survival," said runner Carlos Cang.

"I mean, even if you're with friends, it's all about you. Because, you know, once you die it's all over."
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Ya i wanted to do the obstical course up in washington bit couldnt get a ride. Im planning on going next year for sure
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Here ya go! Only 24 bucks on Etsy

"The true meaning of a given movement in a form is not its application, but rather the unlimited potential of the mind to provide muscular and skeletal support for that movement." Gregory Fong

The reason the zombies would outnumber the live people is because of blunt objects. Getting bitten transfers body fluids and thus you become infected. Blood and brain matter contain lots of body fluids too, and spatter would quite likely turn you into one in short order. A couple of good .22 rifles, one autoloader and one bolt action, and maybe a break down single shot. Maybe a couple of revolvers as well. You could carry way more ammo than you could with a shotgun or a high powered rifle or pistol. Scoped on the rifles and you could start shooting way away from danger. .22 long rifle hollow points would have enough power to do the job. Shoot for the nose or upper lip, the slug is pea sized, but flares out like a quarter and would bust out the brain stem. No swords, no baseball bats, no steel pipes, and no blood spatter. remember the movie, Crazies? not dead zombies, but a virus induced insanity that drove people to murder normal people.
    Jackie Lee

You never have to reload Baat Jaam Dao.

Just sayin'.