Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Zombies!

That poor old man. He must of obviously been on more the marijuana though lol. Drugs are a horrible thing especially for martial artists like us guys . Barricade your doors the zombies are comin soon guys. Apocalypse 2012, zombies.

The report differs

It's easy to blame drugs, but the report shows nothing in his system. He was just plain old bat**** crazy. It happens.

Meanwhile, check this out:
    Need Self-Defense Tips For a Zombie Invasion?
    Scared of a zombie horde? Jing Ying has you covered.
    By D. Frank Smith
    Email the author
    10:17 am

The Jing Ying Institute in Arnold will host a colorful martial arts lesson on Saturday, in case you need some tips on battling a zombie invasion.

"Instead of trying to settle the age old argument about whether slow zombies or fast zombies are the scariest, we will give you the tools you need to defend against both," according to a release from the institute. "Use the controlled movement, mental concentration and redirection skills of tai-chi with slow zombies. Use the power, agility, fluidity and footwork of northern Shaolin Kung Fu against fast zombies."

The workshop will also feature a zombie make-up session.

Participants will learn the basics for how to prepare for the apocalypse, how to avoid zombie encounters, and the best way to take out a zombie while minimizing the risk to yourself, the release states.

Of course, the self-defense lessons taught won't only be applicable to zombie encounters.

"You will get good information that will help you prepare for most disaster/emergency situations and you will learn practical self-defense techniques that are effective against any attacker, not just zombies," according to the release.

Participants are told to wear loose, comfortable clothing, and bring a water bottle.

What: Zombie Self-Defense Workshop
    When: 4-5 p.m. Saturday
    Where: Jing Ying Institute, 1195 Baltimore Annapolis Boulevard, Arnold, MD 21012.

Register online at Jing Ying's website. Participants must be 11 or older, except for existing Jing Ying students with prior approval.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    It's easy to blame drugs, but the report shows nothing in his system. He was just plain old bat**** crazy. It happens.

Meanwhile, check this out:
    well, he WAS on bath salts, but he had no human flesh in his system, which is contradicting the report that he was eating that guys face.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    well, he WAS on bath salts, but he had no human flesh in his system, which is contradicting the report that he was eating that guys face.
    say what??
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

uh oh...

More face eating. From China no less. There's a lot of places that a post on Chinese face-eating can go, none of them good...
    Face Eating Attack In China: 'Dong,' Drunken Bus Driver, Allegedly Bites Woman 'Du's' Nose, Lips
    The Huffington Post | By Hilary Hanson Posted: 07/01/2012 1:30 pm Updated: 07/02/2012 1:09 pm

A woman was allegedly attacked in Wenzhou, China on Tuesday by a drunken bus driver who chewed off part of her face.

A woman has been hospitalized in China after a drunken bus driver allegedly attacked her and began gnawing on her face.

The woman, identified as "Du," was driving near a bus station in Wenzhou on Tuesday when a man ran into the street, blocking her car. The man, a bus driver identified as "Dong," allegedly climbed onto the hood of Du's car and began hitting the windshield, according to the Malaysia Chronicle.

Du got out of the car, and allegedly Dong tackled her to the ground, where he began chewing on her face, according to Shanghai Daily. Witnesses say they attempted to pull Dong off of her, but were unable to do so.

Dong was ultimately stopped by police, What's On Dalian reports. Officers say he had drunk around 1.75 ml of strong liquor prior to the incident.

Doctors say Dong did enough damage to the woman's face that she will need plastic surgery to repair her nose and lips.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Should I be juvenile and bring up the fact the bus driver's name is 'Dong'?

Tai chi for slow ones, Shaolin for fast ones...

Just in time for Halloween.

They had better be teaching monk spade, or this is fake kung fu.

Prepare for Impending Zombie Invasion with Martial Arts
    Learn how to defend against zombies and prepare for a variety of disasters with training from Jing Ying.
    By D. Frank Smith
    Email the author
    5:57 am

Department of Homeland Security is warning America of incoming zombies this month, and Jing Ying Institute is offering classes to help prepare.

Various federal government agencies have found success in launching preparedness campaigns with zombie themes. In May 2011, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) hosted a Zombie Preparedness Month. This month, FEMA and Homeland Security are taking a tack from the CDC and declaring October as Zombie Preparedness Month for 2012.

Not one to be left out of a good zombie campaign, the Jing Ying Institute of Kung Fu & Tai Chi in Arnold is offering a workshop that will help prepare you for a disaster situation and teach you practical self-defense techniques effective against any attacker—not just zombies, according to a press release.

"Use the controlled movement, mental concentration and redirection skills of tai chi with slow zombies. Use the power, agility, fluidity and footwork of northern shaolin kung fu against fast zombies," according to the release. "This workshop will cover what you need to do to prepare for the coming apocalypse, how to avoid zombie encounters, and the best methods for taking out zombies while reducing your chances of becoming one yourself."

The institute hosted a similar event in June, and even taught special effects makeup techniques, with students taking on the guise of the undead.

The zombie-themed class is scheduled for Saturday from 1:30 to 3 p.m. The cost is $20 for Jing Ying students and $25 for new students, with all funds benefiting the Jing Ying scholarship fund. The class is only available for those age 13 and older. For more information and online registration, visit JingYing.org or call 410-431-5200.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Warning, Zombies Ahead!

Tomorrow is World Zombie Day apparently. And there's going to be zombie protests about Walking Dead and Dish.
    Posted: October 10 Updated: Today at 7:47 AM
    Zombie fans defend sign prank, chide official seriousness
    In the wake of a road-sign-turned-warning, zombie defenders decry city's lack of appreciation for the undead.
    By David Hench dhench@mainetoday.com
    Staff Writer

PORTLAND — It started as a prank.

An electronic message board on Auburn Street in Portland had this message on it Wednesday morning.

But it tapped into something mythic, something infecting American culture and the public psyche: a fascination – even a fondness – for zombies.

Wednesday morning, the message board on Auburn Street in Portland warning of roadwork and traffic delays was hijacked to read instead: “Warning, Zombies Ahead!”

It was not the first such warning. An Internet search revealed that Austin, Texas, had a similar warning in 2009, and since then it’s appeared on signs in Washington, Illinois and New York.

The search also shows that the message machines are relatively simple to program, though the controls are usually locked up and password protected.

Naturally, city officials warned against the perils of unbridled goofiness and the need for people to realize that safety signs are there for a reason, warning motorists of real dangers.

“They’re not a toy,” a very serious city spokeswoman, Nicole Clegg, said Wednesday when asked about the incident.

In other words, it’s all fun and games until someone’s eye falls out.

Clegg took her share of criticism from readers commenting on pressherald.com, for sucking the life out of the undead. That was before the online debate shifted, inevitably, to politics: Mitt Romney’s zombie economics vs. Portland’s liberal legion of zombies for Obama.

A sampling of other comments about the sign caper:

— “This is serious. When the real zombie apocalypse happens, no one will take it seriously.”

— “There should have been a sign like this in Kennebunk: Warning Zumba ahead.”

— “There really were zombies. And once they were cleared out by the (Centers for Disease Control) forces, the City was ordered to change its tune by the Government.”

— “Maybe they should not make the password “password.”

— “What if there really are Zombies there and this Nicole Clegg is part of the conspiracy!?”

Clegg also got calls from out of state.

“I now have to talk to a New York radio station about why we shouldn’t be alerting the public to zombies,” she said, with a hint of exasperation.

There have been other fake messages locally, but they failed to tickle the public imagination.

Earlier this year, Portland message boards were tweaked to criticize the Red Sox: a little too serious, a little too real. Referencing Saturday morning cartoon characters is a bit esoteric for anyone over 8.

But zombies.

The signs do not lie.

The decaying, lumbering dead that feed on human flesh, infecting all but a core group of survivors, are everywhere.

“They’re hugely popular,” said Rich Lowell, co-owner of Casablanca Comics in Portland.

The hit comic book series "The Walking Dead" started almost a decade ago, and past issues have been compiled into 16 volumes of six issues each. The series has its own shelf at Casablanca.

Zombie fans are giddy with excitement as the AMC television series "The Walking Dead" – what one reporter called “one of the greatest television shows ever” – kicks off its third season Sunday night, promising more zombie kills in the premier than in the entire first season.

There is no evidence that the tampered sign message had any connection to the show’s kickoff, though it’s a good bet the culprit is a fan. There were no reports of widespread sign mayhem elsewhere in the country promoting the show.

Criminal mischief aside, Clegg admits to being fond of the genre.

“I will definitely be watching,” she said of the AMC series. “I’m a big fan of the zombies. Zombies are the new vampires.”

For Bill Duggan, owner of Videoport, it’s a trend dripping with nostalgia.

“It all started with one movie, George Romero’s 'Night of the Living Dead,'” he said. Duggan was one of a small number of people who saw the original in black and white at the drive-in in the 1960s. There was no VCR or Internet. If you missed it, you waited years until UHF channels started showing late-night horror movies, he said.

Coming to theaters soon is "World War Z" featuring Brad Pitt, a movie adaptation of a book about the zombie apocalypse, due to be released next year.

Now everyone can share in the gore, though not everyone is amused by Wednesday’s sign caper.
    Portland’s acting Police Chief Vern Malloch said he didn’t know how much effort the department was putting into finding the sign hijacker. He seemed annoyed.

“On a serious note, when we pay too much attention to these kinds of things, it just encourages more behavior like this,” Malloch said. “While everyone would agree it was humorous, there are certainly instances when it could have put people at risk.”

Society needs limits and order.

Without them, the zombies win.

Staff Writer David Hench can be contacted at 791-6327 or at: dhench@pressherald.com
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

in honour of zombies, posting this kuduro Thriller remake

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXXkML8JPe0

No translation sorry, just like the music and dancing.
    Last edited by Sima Rong; 10-12-2012 at 05:58 PM.

I don't get the whole zombie thing.

12. Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    Tomorrow is World Zombie Day apparently. And there's going to be zombie protests about Walking Dead and Dish.

Creepy picture dude

A cutlass (machete) is a great tool! Peoples' drugs of choice tend to make them undefeatable to the extent that multiple gun shots to those cokedout! or souped up with drugs loses time. I would suggest a flame thrower but that would be cost prohibitive. RPGs would be overkill, I think

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7
    I don't get the whole zombie thing.
    I don't get it either but I suppose a threat analyses of some kind shows that in some level of public disturbance. there will be a subset of folks who have ingested some drug related substance and that, in itself, with a threat, will necessitate a response to counteact said threat. In recent years, and with a small samples, people stopped for erratic and abnormal behaviour (usually cocaine induced something), when questioned, began reacting in psychotic ways, were unable to understand commands, inability to speak coherently and when subdued or shot, were able to possess some level of unhuman strength despite being shot or tasered! Just my limited understanding at this point.
    Last edited by mawali; 11-16-2012 at 09:37 AM.

Yeah, I still don't get it.

They may have drug induced psychosis and may even exhibit more strength than is normal. Lord knows PCP has been a major issue in respect to the latter. But what any of that has to do with zombies is pure imagination. It's almost as retarded as the fact that there is a vampire in 7 of 10 tv shows!

I had put this on the back burner for a while, but have recently decided to pull it off the shelf and start working on it again. I have my own zombie story that I've been working on for a while, and now plan to make use of the popularity of the genre while its still around. I wont share any details, but there are quite a few unique aspects with my story. One of them being I have it fully thought out, developed, and can completely explain why the living dead are actually the living dead, and yes, they are indeed re-animated corpses, not just sick people. Magic is not involved in any way.

Of course, since I'm partial, there is going to be a chinese martial artist in the story, one of the characters, complete with a personal arsenal of pudao, double broadswords, emei piercers and a spear. I can assure you that the story will be exciting, brutal, and probably more graphic than most of the general public can handle. I don't like to pull my punches, and I feel the details of the knitty gritty are important to develop a quality, realistic approach to a fictional experience.

There are a few people close to me that I've been bouncing things off of for a few years now and they are all almost as excited as I am to see the beast take life.

I'm looking at possibly doing a graphic novel with this, but have not yet decided.

I can assure you, that if you like the zombie genre, you will be into this.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.