Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Zombies!

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    We have monk spades - light ones for those fast moving zombies and heavyweights for the slower ones. Better stock up now so you're prepared for the holocaust.
    Gots me one of them light one already.
    Master of Shaolin I-Ching Bu Ti, GunGoPow and I Hung Wei Lo styles.

I am seeking sparring partner. Any level. Looking for blondes or redhead. 5'2" to 5'9". Between 115-135 weight class. Females between 17-30 only need apply. Will extensively work on grappling.

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Quote Originally Posted by RFM View Post

Other than sticks and swords - how about a good pair of steel toe shoes? I work in a warehouse and have some good, heavy - but not too heavy, steel toe boots!
    Please see my first post, disregard the rest...i have experiance in these matters

I used to have to cut through skid row to get home

Well, Zombies are dead, partially decomposed dried out corpses that have been animated right? I would think walking up to one, or letting im walk up to you would give you the opportunity to grab thier heads and easily spin them off of thier fragile dried out bodies. Low sweeps, knee breaks, and even high kicks to the head would all be very effective becasue Zombies are really stiff and slow. they just don't have the athletic training to keep up with me (Although, with time, if they have the dedication, I am sure I could help them over come their poor physical conditions!!)

So for me all I would want is a gallon of water because kicking ass on a Zombie attack out numbered 100 to one would be one hell of a fun cardio workout...and I will need to stay hydrated.

Now, for weapons fun, I would use a medium sized combat broad sword untill I get board of that, then a variety of other Chinese weapons (My favorites have already been mentioned) would do just fine.

Now, a fun idea would be to capture some Zombies and tie pig brains to thier heads and put them in a Bull fighting ring. Figure 6 to a side, and watch them go at it. We could place bets on the outcome. It would provide countless hours of entertainment.

Another thing we could do is do some target practice on them as they run around loose in the Bull fighting ring. We could have seasons for gun, Bow & Arrow, Sling Shot, Spear throwing etc...

If absolute boardum sets in, we can wrap them in red flags and let the bull loose in the ring!!

Hmmm, when you think of it, the possibilities are endless.

Lets see, there is Zombies and Gasoline, Fun with Zombies and concrete, Zombies and rail road tracks, Zombies and Chucking them off roofs, We can enslave them to clean our homes in exchange for one nightly meal of Pigs brain from the local butcher. Fun with Fire Crackers!!! Zombies and Napalm!!!

Heck, if we were smart we could set them up as the US government!! Then we know there would be no new taxes!!

Quote Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A View Post
    Well, Zombies are dead, partially decomposed dried out corpses that have been animated right? I would think walking up to one, or letting im walk up to you would give you the opportunity to grab thier heads and easily spin them off of thier fragile dried out bodies. Low sweeps, knee breaks, and even high kicks to the head would all be very effective becasue Zombies are really stiff and slow. they just don't have the athletic training to keep up with me (Although, with time, if they have the dedication, I am sure I could help them over come their poor physical conditions!!)

So for me all I would want is a gallon of water because kicking ass on a Zombie attack out numbered 100 to one would be one hell of a fun cardio workout...and I will need to stay hydrated.

Now, for weapons fun, I would use a medium sized combat broad sword untill I get board of that, then a variety of other Chinese weapons (My favorites have already been mentioned) would do just fine.

Now, a fun idea would be to capture some Zombies and tie pig brains to thier heads and put them in a Bull fighting ring. Figure 6 to a side, and watch them go at it. We could place bets on the outcome. It would provide countless hours of entertainment.

Another thing we could do is do some target practice on them as they run around loose in the Bull fighting ring. We could have seasons for gun, Bow & Arrow, Sling Shot, Spear throwing etc...

If absolute boardum sets in, we can wrap them in red flags and let the bull loose in the ring!!

Hmmm, when you think of it, the possibilities are endless.

Lets see, there is Zombies and Gasoline, Fun with Zombies and concrete, Zombies and rail road tracks, Zombies and Chucking them off roofs, We can enslave them to clean our homes in exchange for one nightly meal of Pigs brain from the local butcher. Fun with Fire Crackers!!! Zombies and Napalm!!!

Heck, if we were smart we could set them up as the US government!! Then we know there would be no new taxes!!

What's with the book homie ^^ lol

I am seeing a total lack of respect for the bite!

I mean come on, have any of you ever seen a zombie flick? The tough guy with the gear always gets bitten on the hand/wrist/arm. Never fails. Only the hero can outlandishly brandish arms of any sort and not get bitten.

You need body armor to fight zombies on a prolonged basis or eventually you WILL get bitten.

doesnt matter how slow they are, your speed will not be fast enough for the zombie head hidden in your lunch box!
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Wear heavy Leather Armour then, like the type you would make a Knife Sheath out of.

I think one of dem shark suits they use on those marine life videos would work.

I don't like swords/blades because you need to cut the head off, or else not only do you not stop the zombie, but now you're fussing with a lodged sword. Not good, as the little buggers travel en masse.

Use a blunt weapon, like an aluminum baseball bat, keep moving, watch your surroundings, and whatever you do, don't get ****y!
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

taking a page out of Gene's book...

For anyone who likes zombies alot and kung fu some, check out http://www.monotonepictures.com/home/'s film Hey You've Got Zombies in Your Backyard
    Everyone's favorite wooden dummy

"All over people thinking martial arts is for making sexy body. That one is a wrong. Martial art is for making sexy mind and sexy spirit"- Master Po
    http://www.greencloud.net

Don't be a victim. Be the dominant turkey.

I don't like swords/blades because you need to cut the head off, or else not only do you not stop the zombie,

Reply]
    Chinese Broad Sword would be perfect then. It's very blade heavy and built for slashing and hacking types of motions. It's more of a large Machete than a Straight sword.

I think Tonfa would be better. All you need is blunt trauma to the head. So you could whack around, and you wouldn't have to worry about blood getting into your orifices, if the zombie germ is spread by blood. Otherwise, a good weedwhacker would work nicely, I think. Especially if you tied the tonfa to the wire on the whacker, and you had a weedwhacking tonfa.

Quote Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A View Post
    I don't like swords/blades because you need to cut the head off, or else not only do you not stop the zombie,

Reply]
    Chinese Broad Sword would be perfect then. It's very blade heavy and built for slashing and hacking types of motions. It's more of a large Machete than a Straight sword.
    Depends on the make. A dadao would be serviceable, but the oxtail, willow-leaf, or goose-feather saber probably would not be your best bet.

MightyB's comment about the sledge-hammer is pretty correct. When it comes to zombies, you need something heavy. If you fail to take a limb, or pop off a head, then at least you can count on good ol' Isaac Newton and his laws of physics to buy you some time. Mallet/Sledgehammer is good for an enclosed space, or a heavy baseball bat. or that wierd... uhhh, thing from Shawn of the Dead,

If you have lots of swinging-space however, I would go with a good Zweihander. Heavy enough to knock a non-breather back when you need, but sharp enough to "cut through" so you can take out more than one at a time- an advantage the sledgehammer would not enjoy. Something like the Dragon Slayer from "Berserk" (anime/manga) would be ideal. Failing that, your standard William-Wallace-esque claymore would do just fine.
    "Prepare your mind..." "For a mind explosion!"
    -The Human Giant, Illusionators

You need this

http://www.martialartsmart.net/451011.html

It is the perfect size and weight, with the perfect balance between heft and mobility. it's big enough to keep them at bay and hack them to bits machete style in larger areas, but small enough, yet still heavy enough to give good hacking and knock back power in smaller areas.

If you drop and spin, even in close, tight areas it's weight will be significant enough to take out thier knees, especially is you have good Kung Fu mobility (As I am sure we all have).

You can also hit with the butt, or trip them with a sweep or Shui Jio throw and drop it on them with full momentum to dislodge thier head form thier bodies. That is the real reason why there are so many spinning moves in Dao forms.
    Last edited by RD'S Alias - 1A; 12-01-2007 at 06:56 PM.

Chain/ring mail + Boiled or lacered leather plate, Shield with a spike, sword at hip, 2hander on back, and a solid mace in your hand.

go crusader on em
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

You guys are amateurs.

http://www.ifilm.com/video/2721438