Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Defence Against Front Tackles

Quote Originally Posted by cjurakpt View Post
    Hmmm I think we can just about close the coffin on this thread...

I think y'all scared him away.

Quote Originally Posted by cjurakpt View Post
    riiight - you want to know if I know what you know, etc. etc.; ok, let's try this again: please describe what you specifically mean by "tendon linking"; since you actually don't physically connect tendons, it's obviously a metaphor and in all likelihood it's related to some sort of approach to increase continuity of movement and power transfer in the body; the rolling eyes were in context of the fact that you apparently don't get that you don't actually link them, it's metaphorical; in fact, in TCM methodology, tendons, muscles and ligaments all fall under the classification of sinews: there is no differentiation between contractile and non-contractile tissue; when you don't have a microscope, this lack of specificity is understandable, so you use a metaphor
    I believe you have just (at least partly) answered your own question about the tendon "loosening" exercise. Go through what you wrote again and you will see.

Quote Originally Posted by cjurakpt
    no, has nothing to do with being a glorified kickboxer (I do not and never have kick boxed);
    Are you trying to imply that you are one of the rare people here that has had the attention span to memorize the Siu Nim Tao form?

it has to do with the fact that I am a physical therapist with 15 yrs. experience and a specialization in orthopedics and osteopathic manual therapy, so I've actually spent more than a few moments surfing Google for anatomical definitions; and I have done extensive personal research on muscle physiology and function; so if I haven't heard of it by now, it does raise an eyebrow with good reason (and BTW, I have also studied the issue from a TCM perspective as well, and am well aware of the definitional differences)

again, I have done my research, more than you probably ever will; you obviously have not if you think that a tendon can "loosen"; now mind you, the training you describe can certainly increase the feeling of being "looser", but it's got nothing to do with any sort of physiological changes in the tendons per se (it's actually has to do with proprioceptors and agonist / antagonist reciprocal inhibition - maybe those words are too big for you to understand, but I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt here)

now, if you want to disagree with me on this point, please, by all means do so - but just saying I am a retard won't cut it - provide some evidence or at least a plausible theory on why you believe tendons "loosen", as opposed to changes in muscle function
    Again, you have more or less answered your own question on the loosening of "tendons". I won't say anymore as I want to see just how much you actually know about this subject and to be honest I really believe that if you just do a couple of re-reads of what you yourself have written, then you will see at least most of the answer and you will hopefully understand that it has nothing to do with "ninjas".

Quote Originally Posted by cjurkapt
    all this means that, if you want to say "tendon lossening" from a TCM perspective, that's fine, but you may as well use the term "muscle" or "sinew" or "ishcabible", because from a direct observational perspective, the term is inappropriate
    There you go again. The sifu who introduced me to that concept is chinese (and also happens to be a TCM, but not herbalist healer).

so please, while I am interested in your perspective, let's try to be civil:
    OK. Lets try and be civil.

also, if you are a priori rejecting the so-called "western" perspective, then we have nothing to discuss
    I am not rejecting the western perspective, but I will tell you that it does not provide answers for everything medicine (nor martial arts training for that matter).

you should go read up on your motor learning theory / research, in terms of what constitutes a skill set and what happens when you try to transfer skills from two significantly disparate ones; basically, when you change the contextual parameters significantly enough (e.g. - biped versus ground-based function), it turns out that the skills that help you succeed in one area can actually be detrimental to progress in the other; it has nothing to do with so-called "kung fu" principles, it has to do with how the learned motor responses carry over under varying degrees of contextual interference; I know this must all sound very retarded to you, but trust me, it's really more about your own perceptual apparatus...
    As far as I am concerned it is logical to teach the standing up aspects of an art such as Wing Chun which happens to be primarily a striking art. To teach this the sifu or the master has to also imprint the concepts and principles of this art into the student's conscious. Once the student has gained a satisfactory level and understanding of the art then he is introduced to the ground fighting, which still uses the Wing Chun principles on the ground. Eventhough I am not at this level of my training, I would guess that certain techniques will have to be adapted and necessary changes of methods imprinted into the student's mind. I can't tell you more than that. However, I can tell you that coming out and making condecending remarks about this lineage's training methods is not right either.

This lineage was not designed by me. It was designed by Wing Chun masters who knew a lot more than you and I and probably a lot more than any WC exponents we have come across. So, please reserve your negative remarks for after you train in this system. If you don't train it ever, then let it be.

Now, before I forget. I practice the tendon linking exercises in my none Wing Chun school here in london. Here is the scene, my first few classes and sifu tells me that the exercises are strange and boring, but that they will help to link your tendons and some other aspect that I wont go into. He attempted to explain more but in the same breath he said that I wouldn't understand it until I did it for a while and he was right. Now many months later I am beginning to understand.

So if you think that I am even going to explain it to you guys, you must be joking. You don't seem to know anything about it and that is with all of your experience and qualifications in this area, imagine the rest of the people here(some of whom still don't comprehend the significance of forms training in kung fu).

Even I am just beginning to understand this type of training. However I have seen the effects of it with sifu and the senior kung fu brothers.

So let it be. Maybe it wasn't meant to be for you. It probably was not meant to be for me either, because I will be leaving london in a few months and I don't think that I will be coming across that kind of a training any time soon. Seriously, it seems that you are happy with your martial way and that is the important factor.

I stated that I mentioned this to you, to see if you (or anyone else) had anything knew anything about this type of training.

Well, sifu was right. He said that it would be difficult to even find references in kung fu books. He believed that any reference found in books would be very superficial.

I'll just say this a lot of (not everything) what is called internals is connected to this area of training unlike the Anal Chi balls that were taught to SoCoKungFu, by his Sifu Woofy.

It feels so good to be "civil" again.
    Last edited by HardWork8; 04-14-2008 at 09:04 PM.

I'm just wondering... why on earth would someone NOT reveal their style they've trained in? I'm a student of CLF. Ahhh... feels good to say it...
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Quote Originally Posted by unkokusai View Post
    I think y'all scared him away.
    You are flattering them, aren't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    I'm just wondering... why on earth would someone NOT reveal their style they've trained in? ...
    A mighty good quesiton.

What is your first language?
    My first language is chinese and I know you personally.

I am one of the chinese doctors who met you while you were in china. I tried and tried so hard to train you in drool control and failed. Do you know how many of my shirts your drooling ruined?? But did I care, no. Because I wanted to help you and I failed, I FAILED!

I have been feeling guilty since, but please, please, please, you must try chinese acupuncture,I am sure that it will cure your drooling.

As far as your trolling is concerned well.......................................

Quote Originally Posted by HardWork8 View Post
    My first language is Chinese ......................................

It certainly isn't English.

You really haven't really answered any of the questions and are hiding behind stupid comments. Yes, keep hiding behind your dogs anus.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCoKungFu
    but we know
    Who is we? You and Sifu Woofy, your tai chi teacher?

evolution is a concept you are struggling with
    I wasn't struggling with it until I came across YOU and some of the other UNDER-EVOLVED retards in this forum. Meeting you has turned my understanding of evolution upside down.

I mean, your dog actually teaches you tai chi?

Quote Originally Posted by SoCoKung fu
    So now my bovine friends suffer from a mental hadicap as well?
    No, not your bovine friends. I was referring to your forum friends. Leave the bovines out of the conversation. They suffer enough just being your friends. I bet it is hard for them to get intelligent conversation when you are around. And I suppose, straight answers are just a BIG no no.

What did cows ever do to you for such criticism
    They just keep lousy company. Are you the only person in the ranch?

Quote Originally Posted by SoCoKung Fu
    You only trained forms...
    FALSE STATEMENT AND A BLATANT LIE! Can you direct me to where I made such a statement?
    NO YOU CAN'T, CAN YOU MR RETARD? AND THAT IS BECAUSE MOST OF YOUR MAIN COMMENTS HAVE BEEN BASED ON LIES AND YOUR MISREPRESENTATIONS!

Forms serve a purpose
    Wow! Did you come up with that by yourself? It seems that your "traditional" training has taught you a thing or two, eh?. However, did your drooling partner Unkokusai help you with that comment, as well?

I know for a fact that when you 2 wrestle and roll on the hills and of course drool over each other you end up bonding.

You go through brain storm.......no,no that is scientifically impossible for you....yes I got the phrase now, it is, "drool storming", two or more retards come up with ideas by interacting.

they are not an encompassing aspect of an art
    Who said they were? Forms are however a fundemental part of training ENCOMPASSING many levels of understanding and are part of a whole that includes,sparring, Iron Palm etc.

sifu taught me mine by hitting sh!t
    Wow, is that a new take on Iron Palm? You should try to hit the sand instead of the sh!t. It will make your claim of practicing traditional kung fu slightly less "smelly"

My sifu is a realist
    What about your sifu's masters? Yes, the ones that you so happily and proudly named.

Go and make your retarded jokes about chi f.art$ and other comments like that with them and you will see that they can also be "realists" and will "really" kick your a$$ out of the Kwoon. YOU KNOW IT!

Mr "forms are antiquated but I am traditional", what a joke. Comments like that must really upset your Sifu Woofy.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCo KungFu View Post
    My dog is quite well off
    Really? You must be paying him a lot of money for your tai chi lessons.

Now, either Sifu Woofy is a lousy teacher or you are a lousy student. Wait a minute, why am I blaming that poor dog? The poor soul must be suffering enough trying to teach you tai chi WITHOUT TEACHING YOU THE FORMS LOL!LOL!

We all know that "SoCalledKung Fu" doesn't like forms. All those sequences and the coordinated breathing confuse his mind. Oh god, why couldn't his brain be as large has his balls?

Well they say that the lord works in mysterious ways. He gave you a small brain and large balls, but he gave you A DOG, Sifu Woofy, who presumably has smaller balls but a larger brain than yours. TCMA are right. There is a balance in everything.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCoKung Fu
    ...I mean he can lick his own balls...
    I bet so can you.

And you do it regularly too. I suppose, it beats practicing all those complicated forms, eh?
    But don't worry, one day you will meet the right retard, sorry, lady and all that will change and you will have more time to practice your forms.

now if THAT'S not internal training I don't know what is...
    Well at least you have managed to answer another one of my questions from my previous post. The one about the internals.

Yes, that remark has shown how traditional your approach is.

Well it seems that Frank Yee has taught you well about the internals of Hungar. I bet he will be very proud of your take on Chi Kung.
    Last edited by HardWork8; 04-15-2008 at 07:13 AM.

Of course it isn't. Are you a retard or something?

UNKO, that was a trick question,LOOOOOOOOOOOL!

Of course it isn't. Are you a retard or something?

UNKO, that was a trick question,LOOOOOOOOOOOL!

I'm just wondering... why on earth would someone NOT reveal their style they've trained in? I'm a student of CLF. Ahhh... feels good to say it...
    I am a student of Wing Chun. It feels good to say it too.
    Last edited by HardWork8; 04-14-2008 at 10:52 PM.

Ok, so we see the great wisdom that a total of 3 years of WC and too much time alone in the basement get you.

-Stupid assumptions (and NOTHING else) about grappling

-A **** attitude

-Utter ignorance concerning human physiology

-An inability to string together a sentence in the English language

-A callous and completely unfunny attitude toward disabled people

-A sense of 'humor' that falls flat every time without exception

I'm no expert or even novice at Aikido. It's just every demo I've been to shows them doing these crazy techs to throw off would-be grapplers. Yeah, I know it's set up and the attacker is moving like a crazed wildebeest, but there must be SOME value to this stuff.

I still say a well-placed pek choi (assuming all things are equal) would end an attempted tackle rather quickly. But as with all things, this is determined more by the skill of both fighters, and not the moves themselves.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

I still say a well-placed pek choi (assuming all things are equal) would end an attempted tackle rather quickly. .

Can we get a vid or detailed description of that in context?