Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Defence Against Front Tackles

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    There you go again, seriously, you give crap advice based on what?
    7 tears of training with who exactly ?

Actually, it was just three years of training. The rest of the time was him 'practicing' all by himself down in the basement.

Quote Originally Posted by HardWork8 View Post

And as I said before and that any real martial artist should appreciate, it is the quality and not the quantity.

Hahahahaha!

You will not recognize the name of the sifu I am currently training with. So what difference will it make if I give you his name?

HAHAahahahahahaaha!

The other kung fu systems that I study are my business and are kind of like aces up my sleave, so I don't wish to reveal that to anyone. .

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHahahahahahahahahaaaahahaha!!!

You wouldn't have made that remark if you had any notion of what real kung fu can entail.

See previous comments (x 10)

Did you bring this up on Bullshido a few years ago?
    About challenge matches in Brasil and your teacher ( or teachers teacher) was Andri something or other ( sorry, I am bad with names) ?
    What that you?
    Chinese fist or something like that?
    Yes it was. But I wasn't the one who brought up that name.
    Last edited by HardWork8; 04-10-2008 at 12:24 PM.

Yes is was. But I wasn't the one who brought up that name.
    No, you didn't it was someone else.
    I got it now.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by unkokusai View Post
    See previous comments (x 10)
    Not to worry, I've got used to repeating myself with you the forum retard,who doesn't seem to understand simple statements.

By the way, take it easy with those retard pills, you seem to be laughing out needlessly all over the place.

Aren't those retard pills supposed to be administered by professional mental health carers? Or have you managed to break the spastic proof lids on those medicine bottles? You naughty retard.

Now, call that nice man in the white jacket to come over and to detox you, ok?
    There you go now, and as always wipe that drool from your mouth.

No, you didn't it was someone else.
    I got it now.
    Thanks. I appreciate the discretion.

Be in a position when you seem to be "offering" a leg to the grappler. As he goes for it, then pull back the leg, turning almost half circle, bridging the head with one hand while striking the side of the head with a palm strike or the back of the head with a hammer fist or chopping strike. A more skilled technique would be to sink the elbow in the back of the neck.)

Here we go again...

Offering your leg to an experienced grappler, unless you happen to be an experienced grappler, is most likely to result in the expected outcome of him taking that leg, despite whatever theories you might be pinning your hopes on.

Folks whose experience with grappling is limited to "You go here, then I go here...wait! I wasn't ready!" 'training' with others in the kwoon just as inexperienced in grappling as they are only ends up reinforcing very false expectations about what real grappling is like.

A recipe for disappointment and disaster on wake up day...
    Last edited by unkokusai; 04-11-2008 at 01:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by unkokusai View Post
    Here we go again...

Offering your leg to an experienced grappler, unless you happen to be an experienced grappler,
    What if the one offering the leg is an experienced and powerful striker? I.e. He knows what he is doing?

What if the one offering the leg is an experienced and powerful striker? I.e. He knows what he is doing?
    Two questions:

1- Are you insinuating that all the strikes that have ever fought MMA don't know what they are doing?

2-What grapplers do you train against ?

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin
    1- Are you insinuating that all the strikes that have ever fought MMA don't know what they are doing?
    No I am not. I may however, be insinuating that most (if not all) so called TCMAs that have fought in MMA did not know what they were doing.

Now, are YOU insinuating that no strikers that ever fought in MMA ever managed to stop a grappler dead cold in his tracks as he was coming in for a take down?

2-What grapplers do you train against ?
    I was lucky to have a kung fu brother, who was a good wrestler, here in London in one of the none WC schools that I trained in. He seemed to "approve" of the anti take down techniques. He was good! He would even try to catch sifu out.

A couple of times sifu let the wrestler take him to the ground and made him pay for it there, in the wrestler's own comfort zone, without rolling around the floor for half an hour, I might add.

By the way, sifu = late 50s. Wrestler = mid 30's (I am guessing).

No I am not. I may however, be insinuating that most (if not all) so called TCMAs that have fought in MMA did not know what they were doing.

Now, are YOU insinuating that no strikers that ever fought in MMA ever managed to stop a grappler dead cold in his tracks as he was coming in for a take down?
    I am certainly not insinuating that, I can name a few actually, can you?

I was lucky to have a kung fu brother, who was a good wrestler, here in London in one of the none WC schools that I trained in. He seemed to "approve" of the anti take down techniques. He was good! He would even try to catch sifu out.

A couple of times sifu let the wrestler take him to the ground and made him pay for it there, in the wrestler's own comfort zone, without rolling around the floor for half an hour, I might add.

By the way, sifu = late 50s. Wrestler = mid 30's (I am guessing).
    And?

I am certainly not insinuating that, I can name a few actually, can you?
    Does it matter if I can name them? Does it alter the facts? Ok then, what about Igor Vovchanchyn (Russia).

And?
    And that is it, I train kung fu and not wrestling.

You can crosstrain all you want, but the fact is, if you dedicate 20 years to a dozen(and sometimes irrelevant) marial arts and if you happen to be in a situation where you are facing another man in the street who has dedicated his 20 years learning an authentic "in your face" style of kung fu- in an authentic kwoon, using the authentic conditioning including Iron Palm, Iron Shirt together with hard and soft chi kung - and has mastered that one art in all its aspects.

Then suddenly it kicks off then you have a good chance of having that "cross-training smile" wiped off your face in seconds. THAT IS A FACT!

That is why these arts are still around without them having been major global sports events, sponsored by big money and etc. If trained properly, they do what they are supposed to do. Very efficiently and very visciously.

Having said that I am not at all implying that your chances of winning against that same person would not have been considerably higher in the sports arena.