Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Defence Against Front Tackles

Quote Originally Posted by HardWork8 View Post
    You can crosstrain all you want, but the fact is, if you dedicate 20 years to a dozen(and sometimes irrelevant) marial arts and if you happen to be in a situation where you are facing another man in the street who has dedicated his 20 years learning an authentic "in your face" style of kung fu- in an authentic kwoon, using the authentic conditioning including Iron Palm, Iron Shirt together with hard and soft chi kung - and has mastered that one art in all its aspects.

Crosstraining is not segregative. That is the flaw in your logic. And why you don't understand the concept. Which is ironic because not that long ago you were arguing about which MA lend to better cohesion...

Then suddenly it kicks off then you have a good chance of having that "cross-training smile" wiped off your face in seconds. THAT IS A FACT!

That is why these arts are still around without them having been major global sports events, sponsored by big money and etc. If trained properly, they do what they are supposed to do. Very efficiently and very visciously.

Your perspective is too narrow. These arts are around for a multitude of reasons most of which have nothing to do with conflict at all. They are around because they are a cultural treasure, they are a tradition, they are values, they are continued as a method to healthy living, they are a window into another civilization, they carry religious importance and in some small portion of the total...some use them for the purpose of conflict...and even then the reasons are multiple and vary from one to another...be it to dominate, to protect, even in that with some measure of accepting the deep dark primitive side of ourselves we can find peace, embrace your own demons so to speak....and some are like me...that do them for all the above and at the same time for no other reason that the above are fun..
    I don't think you have come to grips yet with your own personal philosophy yet, to be imparting your ideals onto another...
    Last edited by SoCo KungFu; 04-11-2008 at 08:17 AM.

Does it matter if I can name them? Does it alter the facts? Ok then, what about Igor Vovchanchyn (Russia).

And that is it, I train kung fu and not wrestling.

You can crosstrain all you want, but the fact is, if you dedicate 20 years to a dozen(and sometimes irrelevant) marial arts and if you happen to be in a situation where you are facing another man in the street who has dedicated his 20 years learning an authentic "in your face" style of kung fu- in an authentic kwoon, using the authentic conditioning including Iron Palm, Iron Shirt together with hard and soft chi kung - and has mastered that one art in all its aspects.

Then suddenly it kicks off then you have a good chance of having that "cross-training smile" wiped off your face in seconds. THAT IS A FACT!

That is why these arts are still around without them having been major global sports events, sponsored by big money and etc. If trained properly, they do what they are supposed to do. Very efficiently and very visciously.

Having said that I am not at all implying that your chances of winning against that same person would not have been considerably higher in the sports arena.
    Funny that you mention IP and chi kung
    Funny that you mention "authentic "in your face" style of kung fu

Those that know me know how truly funny that sounds !
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Ok...

I will set the record straight...

I am the sifu in question. I did teach him the ultimate anti-grappling style. I call it poking, becouse of the central technique eye poking.

So let it be known, I will be accepting challenges via World of Warcraft only.

I am a dark paladin orc, 5 level mage, and I will give my screen name to anyone who wants to test my anti-grappling skills(Only on World of Warcraft).

Sifu lung dong lip

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Funny that you mention IP and chi kung
    Funny that you mention "authentic "in your face" style of kung fu

Those that know me know how truly funny that sounds !
    Then please enlighten me.

Then please enlighten me.
    After your last few posts, and that horrid thread you were involved in on Bullshido, I don't think you are able to be enlightened.

After your last few posts, and that horrid thread you were involved in on Bullshido, I don't think you are able to be enlightened.

I just wanted to know your approach to Iron Palm.

I just wanted to know your approach to Iron Palm.
    You must be new here.

I was lucky to have a kung fu brother, who was a good wrestler, here in London in one of the none WC schools that I trained in. He seemed to "approve" of the anti take down techniques. He was good! He would even try to catch sifu out.

A couple of times sifu let the wrestler take him to the ground and made him pay for it there, in the wrestler's own comfort zone, without rolling around the floor for half an hour, I might add.

By the way, sifu = late 50s. Wrestler = mid 30's (I am guessing).

Ouch! I am believing you so hard it hurts!

What if the one offering the leg is an experienced and powerful striker? I.e. He knows what he is doing?

If he is "offering the leg" he better be a grappler or he does NOT know what he is doing.

THAT IS FUNNY! Are you every decade-old kungfu cliche, Basement-Boy?

You must be new here.
    Well actually, compared to you I am. So come on, I would like to know what Iron Palm means to you? What is your breathing approach to the methodology?

And how do train it? Hitting the makiwara? The sand bag?

Do you hit the sand grains directly, Or do you crosstrain your Iron Palm with wrestling and just roll in the sand?

Quote Originally Posted by unkokusai View Post
    THAT IS FUNNY! Are you every decade-old kungfu cliche, Basement-Boy?
    Hello Forum Retard,

I am sorry that I haven't been paying attention to you recently. I have been very busy posting messages to those nice guys, our forum colleagues. If I don't answer their queries quickly, they get upset. You see, many of them are crosstrainers and hence do not have a lot of patients and can't wait for knowledge to come to them in good time, so being an understanding kind of a fellow, I try to give them priority, when replying to their posts.

Furthermore they have a lot more to say than you do,even if I don't agree with some of their views.

I hope that you do understand and forgive me if I don't just come out and kick your forum butt as often as I used to. However, I know that you cherish the attention so I will do my best to attend your wishes as often as it is convenient to me.

Bye for now, and please do keep wiping the retard drool off your mouth, it is so unbecoming of a "rassler".
    Last edited by HardWork8; 04-11-2008 at 09:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by monji112000 View Post
    Ok...

I will set the record straight...

I am the sifu in question. I did teach him the ultimate anti-grappling style. I call it poking, becouse of the central technique eye poking.

So let it be known, I will be accepting challenges via World of Warcraft only.

I am a dark paladin orc, 5 level mage, and I will give my screen name to anyone who wants to test my anti-grappling skills(Only on World of Warcraft).

Sifu lung dong lip
    Before you teach anything to me go and straighten your posture, or at least change that picture on your profile.

You see, many of them are crosstrainers and hence do not have a lot of patients (sic) and can't wait for knowledge to come to them in good time.

LOL! You must be a very valuable $tudent for any $chool offering your favorite flavor of Koolaide!

Please try and understand my views on crosstraining and the logic behind them by reading my posts more carefuly, on on this thread and "the fighting Wing Chun" one. So that you don't end up making incorrect statements.

As far as the traditional chinese martial arts are concerned and their reasons for survival.
    You should know that these arts are MARTIAL ARTS. They were developed at and for times of turmoil, to perform a function and that was to dispatch the enemy as quickly and many times as visciously as possible.

If these arts had not performed these functions, then they would not have survived long enough to become cultural icons or national treasures.

As far as the health aspects are concerned. There are many Chi kung methods and systems that are preserved, independent of the fighting systems.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCo KungFu View Post
    I don't think you have come to grips yet with your own personal philosophy yet, to be imparting your ideals onto another...
    And I don't think that you have come to grips yet with reading and understanding posts to make judgmental and negative comments about me.

By the way, if you are going to continue addressing posts to me, then please do so in a manner where I can quote your relevant statements. Thank you.
    Last edited by HardWork8; 04-12-2008 at 06:11 AM.