Thread: John F. Gilbey described a method of developing chi in his book, "Secret Fighting Arts of the W

fgxpanzerz Guest

John F. Gilbey described a method of developing chi in his book, "Secret Fighting Arts of the W

For anyone who has read this book, do you know if there is any substance to this method of developing chi?

origenx Guest
    what method did he describe?

fgxpanzerz Guest

Gilbey's method

For five minutes, place yor right hand over yor left ear and think only the word 'relaxation.' Dont take more than 10 breaths each minute. Then you repeat this with the right hand over yor left ear and then with both hands at the same time, totaling 15 minutes all together. he said that within two weeks, yor palms wont get sweaty on contact with the ears anymore and only when away from the ear. Yor body will become light and pliable and there will be even more subtle changes that you wont notice. For example, the chi will flow to yor arms and you will gain the pliability(flexibilty/energy) of a child. It has to be done every day.

Any thoughts?

prana Guest

it might work

with right concentration. Personally, I wouldnt have done it this way...

but sounds like some readers are going to get some serious headaches. Some ppl might understand what I mean... :P

Wongsifu Guest
    you could try putting one figer up your nose and one in your ear and chant the magic mantra...

ooooooohhhhhmmmmm maaaaannnnnnnnniiii padmi ohm...
    alternatively buy a book on chi kung there are loads available.

what do bin laden and general custer have in common????
    They're both wondering where the fu(k all of those tomahawks are coming from. - donated by mojo

Beth S. Guest
    Maybe I'm thinking of the wrong book, but my understanding is that Gilbey is the pseudonym of Robert Smith and that he wrote the "Secret Fighting Arts" book as a joke, a parody.

Is there a section in there about some guy's lethal ****ing or body odor or something? It's been too long--I can't remember. If there is, that's the book I'm thinking of. It's not supposed to be serious.

redfist Guest

beth s.

you are correct on the gilbey books,they were written by smith.

the lethal body odor story comes from "the wandering taoist"series written by deng ming tao
    which chronicle the life of kwan saihung

fgxpanzerz Guest

not all of the things in the book are fake

Some of it sounds ridiculous but some of the stories have some truth to them.

prana Guest
    Wongsifu

Where do you think this Gilbey dude got his methods from ? Anyway my question for you on the main forum was NOT intended as an insult. Just in case...

Wongsifu Guest
    prana i dont have a clue, ??? iread the book , and i dont know!!

I missed the question on the main forum im really sorry , btw i could never be in****ed from you :) :) :)

They're both wondering where the fu(k all of those tomahawks are coming from. - donated by mojo

Wongsifu Guest
    prana ok i just saw your post, and replied..
    take care