Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bak Hsing Kwoon Demo

Bak Hsing Kwoon Demo

a few clips from our new years demo in Feb
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIrTOIiwae8

we are preforming the Di Sup Tse that was shown and discussed on the dummy book thread. It is again almost identical. I would also be curious to see how similar the Di Sup Tse is from other Fut San Lines.

cheers,
    Robert James
    5th Gen. Bak Hsing Kwoon
    bakhsingkwoon@gmail.com
    http://www.youtube.com/user/SatoriScience
    "Whip the pole like the dragon whips its tail. Punches are like a tiger sticking out its head!"

real nice, you're the second guy right?

and what does Gung hay fat choy mean? (I guess happy newyear, but that's only a guess )

Quote Originally Posted by Vilmore View Post
    real nice, you're the second guy right?

and what does Gung hay fat choy mean? (I guess happy newyear, but that's only a guess )
    I'm the not Chinese guy a constant in our school, ie I'm the stupid Lo Fan that never gets any of the jokes and forces sifu to teach in english.....

Gung Hay Fat Choy "Best wishes and Congratulations. Have a prosperous and good year"
    according to google,

its a wish for happy new years and prosperity
    Robert James
    5th Gen. Bak Hsing Kwoon
    bakhsingkwoon@gmail.com
    "Whip the pole like the dragon whips its tail. Punches are like a tiger sticking out its head!"

Holy muther **** yo. You all ****afied dat ****. I mean ****afied that ****!

Way to repre****asent the Bak Hsing flow. It's like I always sed, our clan is thick like plasta. Bust ya. Slash ya. Gunna gong sau ya. It's all ****afied ****. Aight

Dam windchill.

nospam

huh?

to many astericks big brother you got me confused,

but I appreciate the god review all the same,

One.
    Robert James
    5th Gen. Bak Hsing Kwoon
    bakhsingkwoon@gmail.com

Oh. Oh sry mang. Got caught up in the musac.

Was that a few swords in you-know-who's hands in the background?

nospam

Oh its Wu-afied, I got ya

yeah he did a single gim sets and a broadsword,

Cheers
    Last edited by Satori Science; 03-26-2008 at 05:21 PM.
    Robert James
    5th Gen. Bak Hsing Kwoon
    bakhsingkwoon@gmail.com

Did ya check out my fat ass on U? Gunna mix a few thangs and share the love and sweat~

nospam

Hadn't seen that yet,

sure that was you, looked like a sil lum monk in a track suit

looking pretty nice, I'll have to work hard to get ahead of you till your knee heals. You move more like Sigung than I do, you'd make him proud

Its funny after all our conversations about basics, your foundation straight punch isn't a reverse at all, Kole is throwing his punches like whipping hop ga or lama punches (almost that is)

One
    Robert James
    5th Gen. Bak Hsing Kwoon
    bakhsingkwoon@gmail.com

Blog Entries
    got a question for the buk hsing folks

we all know that Tam Sam only had 3 Hung Sing forms.

They were Kau Da, Ping Kuen, and what Sup Ji right?

Did Tam Sam pick up more Choy Lee Fut some where else?

Now, Watching the set that Satori did here, there are many identical groupings of techniques that are also found in the Yuen Hai-Lau Bun lineage. which says to me hung sing".

aside from the buk sing modifications, the Buk Sing and Hung Sing Ping, Kau Da and Sup Ji should all be the same, or identifiable as such. right?

if not, why?

Now i know everything evolves, but buk sing isn't all BUK SING.....there is ALOT of hung sing in there. now, its done with your flavor, but if i have what you have, and i am not buk sing, doesn't that say that some of what you still do is Fut San Hung Sing stuff? just YOUR way.

this is making me believe that MokKori's lineage, Hung Sing and buk sing's Dai Sup Ji is possibly the same. with modifications.

what do you think?
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Blog Entries
    satori,

when you took over doing the set on this video, where you cut off at the end, is that the ending of your form?
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

eishhh.... whats with all the CLF hip hoppers?
    Thought that was only a West coast thing. Seems like Franky has poluted the canadians now too?

ai jai jai

nice video tho.
    得 心 應 手

蔡 李 佛 中 國 武 術 學 院 - ( 南 非 )

Satori, I like the way you ’beat matched’ your demo from where you dropped in
    得 心 應 手

蔡 李 佛 中 國 武 術 學 院 - ( 南 非 )

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    Satori, I like the way you ’beat matched’ your demo from where you dropped in
    glad you caught that

it comes out on it own I swear....
    Robert James
    5th Gen. Bak Hsing Kwoon
    bakhsingkwoon@gmail.com

CLF Yat Ga

Okay Frank,
    Here is my 10 second synopsis of my opinion on the relationship of the two lines,

first in my kwoon (ie my Sifu's & SIgugn's Sisook's) Sup Tse is the least important set, it is the traditional set and as I learned it, its the tuffist to perform with the necessary speed and power because it has a "classical frame" ie. style of stances & maneuvers & because of its length etc...
    It really doesn't teach anything about fighting and so we teach it last and only to the senior students to get their physical condition up, stances stronger and so they have a solid performance set for Black Belt Comp. (The worst I've done is 2nd in comp with that set.)
    I have been working on it for the last year and a half so I love it, but in our teaching schema that is its role. We don't fight or move like Sup Tse.

I would love to see another line of Hung do their sup tse and see the possibly similarities. I might add that the discussion over the similarities in the dummy thread is about the similarities of Ho Ngau's form to our Di Sup Tse whch I pointed out several months ago when the same book was being discussed. I am not averse to the connection of our lineages, of course they are connected. You and I even have the same version of CLF history coming to me thru my Sifu from Lun Jee concerning Jueng Yim.

Now in my opinion, the difference between Hung & Bak is not a pronounced one. It isn't that we are "totally" different, its that we perform the same movements slightly differently because we believe that it optimizes our fighting ability. My point is that if you haven't rained bak hsing you probably wouldn't know what you were looking for, when ever I have trained with hung sing people or scene them preform I see the same elements that are lacking in our movement. When ever I discuss these matters with the other Bak Hsing/Buk Sing people I know or on the forum we consistently see the same things and the hung sing people consistently assume that what we are doing is identical which leads me to believe that you guys don't know what your looking for exactly.

In any event, the idea that we are different really isn't n issue of quality for me. I love good gung fu regardless of style or "shape" But my point is that many of the things I've heard said about Hung and Bak being the same could be laid to an argument of Jow Ga and CLF being the same or even 7 star mantis and CLF being the same, because in any well developed Shaolin system there we be mostly common elements. They are all aggressive, stresses centerline control and ruthless attacks to vulnerable areas, stance, bridge & body connection. I can say from experience that in Mantis they have every moevemtn we have in CLF, what is key is how they play it 7 star looks nothing like CLF short of the common shaolin frame.

Also Lun Jee never stressed the sameness of the two lines, he stressed their unity. CLF Yat Ga ya know, As does my Sifu & Master Lacey etc, etc.....

One.
    Robert James
    5th Gen. Bak Hsing Kwoon
    bakhsingkwoon@gmail.com