Thread: Cung Li vs. Frank Shamrock

Sifu Phillip Redmond
    Traditional Wing Chun Academy NYC/L.A.
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

Dang...it's already been removed from the last two links as well.

Those guys delete shiet faster than Cung can kick!
    "I don't know if anyone is known with the art of "sitting on your couch" here, but in my eyes it is also to be a martial art.

It is the art of avoiding dangerous situations. It helps you to avoid a dangerous situation by not actually being there. So lets say there is a dangerous situation going on somewhere other than your couch. You are safely seated on your couch so you have in a nutshell "difused" the situation."

**** It!

I am shocked and horrified.

Shamrock Le Fight called a Sham
    Posted: 2008-04-01 05:13:26

A inquiry is underway on the results of the recent Middleweight Title fight between Frank Shamrock and Cung Le which was held on March 29th, 2008 at San Jose's HP Pavilion. The fight ended in a third round TKO when Shamrock claimed to have received a broken arm. An X-ray image that has been distributed of Shamrock's arm was called into question when a blurred time code revealed that the X-ray had actually been taken on March 10th, prior to the fight. The examining physician, Dr. George Gay, has been detained by police. The event was promoted by Elite XC and Strikeforce. Both organizations are scheduled to debut live network telecasts this month, which has been hailed as a major breakthrough for the sport of MMA. Neither Gary Shaw of Elite XC nor Scott Coker of Strikeforce could be reached for comment. Shamrock and Le were also unavailable.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Greetings..

I hope this an April fool's joke.. otherwise, it sucks.. this sport/art suffers enough with fraud.. please, not the best, too..

Be well..
    TaiChiBob.. "the teacher that is not also a student is neither"

Oh lordy...George Gay?
    A unique snowflake

Greetings..

You were there, Gene.. what say ye?

Be well..

there are so many rumblings going around about this fight being a work....i hope to god its not

I've seen the same thing on a few forums, the two primary arguments for the work being:

1. Round 2. Neither fighter really seemed to push the pace, or even use much in the way of power for what strikes were there.

2. Cung Le's "ineffective" kicks. It's been cited that the head kicks Le landed several times in the fight seemed to have less effect on Shamrock than the body and leg kicks.

I for one kinda doubt it was a fix.
    BreakProof BackŪ Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    I am shocked and horrified.

APRIL FOOLS! Hahaha....

It didn't look like a fix. Cung and Frank fought how they always do. This is the most standup I have seen from Frank. He did pretty well he just underestimated the damage those kicks would cause to his arm when he blocked them.

I'd like to see a rematch. Cung's ground game and defense against committed takedowns from a good grappler are still untested. Not that I watch Cung fights to see him grapple but to be a proven contender in MMA you need to be tested in all areas of game.

In the mean time Cung should face some decent challenges in Misaki or Santiago should he have a fight or two more this year.

Cung Le should retire to the WWF

Retire undefeated, and not all bashed up. He could make millions!
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

I am seriously looking forward to a rematch though.

Next fight they should take it to the ground deliberately.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by TaiChiBob View Post
    Greetings..

I hope this an April fool's joke.. otherwise, it sucks.. this sport/art suffers enough with fraud.. please, not the best, too..

Be well..
    I dunno, my first reaction wasn't "fixed fight". It almost sounds like he was trying to make it look like he didn't just give up. An old injury works well for that. Presenting old x-rays just sounds like the type of goofy B.S. we have all come to expect from Frank Shamrock... or any other Shamrock, for that matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it

Come on, Gene. Don't spread that garbage around. Even as an April Fools Joke.

Greetings..

Okay, i've Googled nearly 100 entries and find NO reference to this other than the one here.. Not to mention that Dr. George Gay, the 1960's hippy Doctor, is DEAD.. SO, April fools it IS.. Thanks, Gene, there's two hours of my life i'll never get back..

Be well..

Quote Originally Posted by TaiChiBob View Post
    Greetings..

Okay, i've Googled nearly 100 entries and find NO reference to this other than the one here.. Not to mention that Dr. George Gay, the 1960's hippy Doctor, is DEAD.. SO, April fools it IS.. Thanks, Gene, there's two hours of my life i'll never get back..

Be well..
    Sucker.....
    Gene's ninja skills are growing.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !