Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cung Li vs. Frank Shamrock

Hybrid View

Cung Li vs. Frank Shamrock

Earlier today MMANews.com spoke with Strikeforce Middleweight Cung Le and he confirmed that he will be fighting on the November 16th Strikeforce card at the HP Pavillion in San Jose, CA. Who his opponent will be has yet to be determined but Cung made mention of the fact that Frank Shamrock backed out of a possible match-up.

Read on at: http://www.mmanews.com/other/Cung-Le...sed-Fight.html

Who would you favor in that match up?
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

You do know that Shamrock fought Baroni with a torn ACL, right? Maybe he had surgery and needs to take time to heal and to rehab it.

Si Valley

Both being local, I'd enjoy seeing that fight.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    Who would you favor in that match up?
    I would personally enjoy seeing Frank lose. I think hes kind of a prick.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    I would personally enjoy seeing Frank lose. I think hes kind of a prick.
    To paraphrase Dana White, he's a retard.
    Sapere aude, Justin.

The map is not the Terrain.

"Wheather you believe you can, or you believe you can't...You're right." - Henry Ford

You do know that Shamrock fought Baroni with a torn ACL, right? Maybe he had surgery and needs to take time to heal and to rehab it.

Reply]
    Wouldn't that make him in the same category as Abel when he postponed a fight over his knee surgery?

is there anyone that likes shamrock? i have yet to hear a positive thing about the guy. thats a shame.

but that being said i became a fan of le from watching his fights on late night espn and i would like to see him fight some really tough competition in mma. i am still curious about his ground game. i am nto sure if he has shown much of it yet but i haven't seen it if he has.

Quote Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A View Post
    Wouldn't that make him in the same category as Abel when he postponed a fight over his knee surgery?

No, and stop trying to make excuses for him. Frank still fought with the injury. And it appears he is gonna fix it after the Baroni fight, so he is not setting up fights he knows he can't make.

FS vs CL, is the fight still on?

Frank Shamrock vs. Cung Le is the official main event for Strikeforce on 3/29 at the HP Pavilion in San Jose

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=892xeAKarSY

whats the youtube link? I cant see it at work.

HOLY Sh!T WHAT A FIGHT!

Cung Le looked good. I'm still curious to see him once he hits his back, but what a performance against Frank Shamrock!
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Cung had game. He definitely seemed to be taking the fight more seriously in the beginning compared to Frank.

Plus, his accuracy and ability to judge ranges was amazing.

Lastly, I loved to see that "classical" San Shou "catch-the-kick and dump." What a takedown!

I want to see his ground game, too.

Banging fight!
    “An ounce of action is worth a ton of theory.” – Friedrich Engels

Crescent Kicks ftw.

The first and third rounds were good, especially the 3rd. But you gotta admit that 2nd round was boring. Even the announcers admitted it looked like sparring.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams