Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Cung Li vs. Frank Shamrock

Eastern State Mental Hospital Psych Ward, Room 12
    I didn't know he admitted to steriods. At one time he denied it and said it was suspension which I think if I'm not mistaken it is male testostrone in saline solution.

Eastern State Mental Hospital Psych Ward, Room 12
    I agree, if your going to do steroids don't lie about it. The fans aren't stupid. Fans can look at different fighters and see whose doing roids and whose not. Most of them are, its just a matter of how much and how often their using.

Quote Originally Posted by mkriii View Post
    I didn't know he admitted to steriods. At one time he denied it and said it was suspension which I think if I'm not mistaken it is male testostrone in saline solution.

It was when he was in a small pro-wrestling promotion. I read it in his 'Inside The Lions Den' book. He said he never used them once he got into Pancrase or any time after that.

Fans can look at different fighters and see whose doing roids and whose not.

Quote Originally Posted by BruceSteveRoy View Post

but that being said i became a fan of le from watching his fights on late night espn and i would like to see him fight some really tough competition in mma. i am still curious about his ground game. i am nto sure if he has shown much of it yet but i haven't seen it if he has.
    Same here. I will say that Le has displayed some decent take down defense, though its hard to tell how difficult it was for him against his opponents, because he is always so calm and makes it look so easy.

Its like when i used to skateboard semi pro. the big pros always made things look like a cake walk, when as a skater yourself you KNOW its a lot of hard work and dedication to get that good.

thats how you can tell when someone is on that level of mastership, when even difficult actions look like bread and butter.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Remember, Ken never did roids. He did suspension. Like we're supposed to believe he never did steroids. Thats like saying Scott Steiner doesn't do steroids.....lol.
    All those old WCW and WWF guys used to work out at this Gold's Gym near Town Center Mall in Kennesaw. (All centered in Atlanta, back then).

I worked at the movie theater behind the mall during my college summers, and we'd always see them come in during the afternoons after they'd finished their workouts. They were friggin' HUGE. Sometimes you just don't realize how big, watching them on TV. But generally, they're shorter than you think. I remember, though, Kevin Nash was a giant. Scott Steiner was ridiculously pumped, and had to be on mega-roids. There was one time I stooped over in the hallway to tie my shoe, and something hit me and I flew---literally flew into the wall and smashed my shoulder so it bruised. I looked back, and my friend was cracking up. Perry Saturn (that kind of gothic dude) had brushed up against me. I was ****ed, 'cus I thought I got shoved. But my friend told me he'd just brushed up against me.

Man, he was a block of granite......and maybe some roids.

I think Frank would beat Cung Le. Cung has awesome kicking abillity,Frank has awesome all around stand up. Cung has good take down defense but he could'nt stop Frank from taking him down. Absolutely NO WAY!!

If they stay on their feet Cung has a slight chance. If it goes to the ground Cung will be submitted or beat to a pulp. I would love to see this fight though.
    1 Sam. 16:7

I was never really all that impressed with Frank or his brother Ken Shamrock. They are both good but I wouldn't say they are great.

Frank and Ken Shamrock has no blood relations. They were troubled youth who were adopted by the same ex-police officer (if I recall correctly).
    dazed and confused

March?

keep your fingers crossed....
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

I always do, but then, they're kind of stuck that way since the "Shop accident" of '73, when I was getting my auto mechanic certification. It comes in handy sometimes, though, when I have to hold onto luck. The only thing that sucks is I can't signal "2" with my right hand. Plus, I can't make the peace sign.

Not that I ever would, but it still sucks. Hey, maybe if we start crossing our fingers we could call it the War Sign. That would be sweet, because then I'd always be starting wars when I held up my hand. Maybe that's why there's so much violence in South Central?

You can thank me later for explaining this so clearly in a PM. I think this demonstrates how intuitive I am.

you need to hold up your pinky and ring finger to signal the number '2'

anyone with cross finger graph merger syndrom would know that.

FAKER!
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

FS vs CL, is the fight still on?

Frank Shamrock vs. Cung Le is the official main event for Strikeforce on 3/29 at the HP Pavilion in San Jose

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=892xeAKarSY

whats the youtube link? I cant see it at work.

You've heard this one already

I told you back in December...

San Jose's best MMA fighters will square off
    By the Mercury News
    Article Launched: 01/18/2008 01:39:33 AM PST

The two biggest local draws in mixed martial arts fighting will square off at HP Pavilion on March 29.

Frank Shamrock and Cung Le, both accomplished San Jose fighters, will be the 185-pound middleweight headliners of a Strikeforce event dubbed "There Can Only Be One."

Shamrock, 36, is a five-time undefeated UFC middleweight world champion and former Pride Fighting Championship star. Le, 34, is an undefeated San Shou kickboxing champion and four-time K-1 Superfight champion who was previously an accomplished wrestler. Neither fighter has been tested in a Strikeforce event.

Josh "The Punk" Thomson, also of San Jose and a former Stanford wrestler, was scheduled to fight Gilbert Melendez of San Francisco in another anticipated bout. But Thomson recently underwent shoulder surgery and won't be ready by March. A replacement is being sought.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    I told you back in December...
    They transgressed into error with the title of the matchup. It's "There can be only one!"

"Here we are!
    Born to be kings!
    We're the princes of the universe!"
    1bad65--They Call Him Ore Ida, the Tater-Terminator
    http://www.freewebs.com/shaolinninjitsu/
    Quote Originally Posted by Mega-Foot View Post
    We had to shut down our first Shaolin Ninjitsu in Shangdong when a key mistranslation of ancient scrolls led to the entire clan bowing down to incense and burning buddhas everywhere in the province.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Takeshi View Post
    Trolling? What does fishing have to do with this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mega-Foot View Post
    Ashida Kim taught me everything I ever needed to know about the missile dropkick.