Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Cung Li vs. Frank Shamrock

Cung Le New Strikeforce Middleweight Champ!

Holy smokes, Cung Le beat Frank Shamrock! I can't believe he broke his arm. Best fight I've seen in awhile.
    Your journey ends at my feet.

*It takes effort to learn to do something without*

I agree how bout that hook kick to the head followed by the spinning back fist, and they both actually landed and landed hard. A lot of heart in the fight for both guys.

The first and third rounds were good, especially the 3rd. But you gotta admit that 2nd round was boring. Even the announcers admitted it looked like sparring.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Respect to Shamrock!

The Shamrock was close to knocking Le out more than once. This was one o the best fights.
    On another note, the North Carolina 'TYLERheels' won thier final four spot against Louisville last night. Hansbrough is the best Ive seen in a looong time. The Cards put up an strong fight but it was an honourable loss.

The Shamrock and the Cardinals have nothing to be ashamed of. Both contests could have gone either way.

~Cg~
    我听见,我忘记;我看见,我记住;我做,我了解。
    I hear, I forget; I see, I remember; I do, I understand.

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    The first and third rounds were good, especially the 3rd. But you gotta admit that 2nd round was boring. Even the announcers admitted it looked like sparring.
    Well, there was almost no clinching and obviously no ground game.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

That was the best fight I have seen in a LONG time!
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

He came, he saw, he conquered.

http://www.mmaroot.com/cung-le-vs-fr...keforce-video/

This is about how I thought it would go. Aside from the broken arm I am hearing of.

In all of Cung Le's fights so far, EVERY single opponent has had problems with his side kicks. Maybe some MMA guys need to start looking towards some more traditional arts to figure this problem out...

aww, my thuder

i posted in the cungle thread lol

But ya, that was an awsome fight. Went out last night to watch it live, so worth it.

Frank had it comin to him

I actually thought Cung Le beat him so bad that he was in the process of passing out as he attempted to walk to his corer. If the bell had wrung a few seconds later he would have been out on the spot. Shamrock looked naucsious, like it was taking all he had to walk upright and get back to his corner.

I was actually surprised when they said he could not enter round 4 due to a broken arm?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLq9QFtJDyQ
    Last edited by Royal Dragon; 03-30-2008 at 12:11 PM.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Yeah that fight was very awesome!
    Good for San Shou practitioners and also good to see Le really putting his hands together. Solid fighter and a solid card.

Too bad about Nick Diaz getting bumped...he's definitely in my top five of favourite fighters.
    A unique snowflake

Quote Originally Posted by mun hung View Post
    Holy smokes, Cung Le beat Frank Shamrock! I can't believe he broke his arm. Best fight I've seen in awhile.
    Any clips online??
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Nope. It's on my cablebox DVR. Someone must have it up on youtube by now. I'm not that technologically advanced. For those of you who missed it - it's being replayed on Showtime. It's called EliteXC. Absolutely the best MMA fight I have seen in a long while. That fight definitely could have gone either way. If Shamrock would have tried a bit harder to take it to the ground; it could've ended differently. As much as I like Cung Le, I really thought that Shamrock was gonna rock him in the end, especially in the middle of the third. Frank Shamrock is no joke. Very well rounded, really flexible and always in incredible shape. Those roundhouse kicks to his head were crazy though. I can't remember seeing anyone land that many kicks against anyone in a MMA match. The roundhouse kick follow-up with a spinning backfist was great. He got him a couple of times with that. The taunting, smirking and body language was the best. People will have to respect Cung Le now, cause Shamrock is no candy@ss. Can't wait for a rematch!
    Your journey ends at my feet.

*It takes effort to learn to do something without*

Quote Originally Posted by LoneTiger108 View Post
    Any clips online??
    Hope this works:

Round 1
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tV8ikCM6v-I

Round 2
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Glj-KEdtHKE

Round 3
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnGH5hhuLGE

Agreed with everyone on here.
    It was a great match. 3rd round slugfest was very exciting.

CUNG LE is KING.
    Went to the fight. Played pick the winner with Great GrandMaster Novak. The game is to pick the winner of the fight by looking at the fighters before the fight. I picked 4 out 5 winners while Novak picked 1-1.
    How I saw the CUNG vs SHAMROCK is=
    Round 1- to CUNG LE
    Round 2- to CUNG LE
    Round 3- shamrock had Le hurt in the last forty five seconds in that round, Le took some heavy punchs to the head, I was not sure if Le could hold out he was stunned but held on, shamrock get this round.
    Round 4. Shamrock gets arm broken and his team throws in the towel, arm broken by a kick.

Pretty much the whole fight Le kicked the stink out of shamrock with side kicks and roundhouse kicks.