Thread: So, I Fired a CEO Today.

Hybrid View

For such a liberal country, I do think that the labour laws of the USA kind of suck a bit.
    If you were in SA, it would have been impossible for your employer to have done what he did. This is obviously good for employees, but in the same time it sucks for employers who honestly have problems with problematic staff members. You cant just fire someone or demote them out of will down here.

Hope you find a job quickly. Good luck!
    得 心 應 手

蔡 李 佛 中 國 武 術 學 院 - ( 南 非 )

man, that sucks. i am glad you stood up to them.

We essentially have no labor laws anymore. Started with reagon and continued unabated through bush. Welcome to the new feudal system.

you got worked up over a position at radio shack?!
    The more you know the less you need to show.

May you be filled with loving kindness.
    May you be well.
    May you be peaceful and at ease.
    May you be happy.

Welcome to the real world.

If you turn down 3 promotions, you are of no use to a company. They aren't going to keep giving you raises to stick around and do the same thing that someone less experienced will do a lot cheaper.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post

If you turn down 3 promotions, you are of no use to a company. They aren't going to keep giving you raises to stick around and do the same thing that someone less experienced will do a lot cheaper.
    Spoken like company leadership. Make use of the cheap labor and get rid of the vets. Although, when being offered a promotion, it is wise to look to their motives. Do they want you because they think you are good or do they just need a body to fill in a spot. A lot of shady sh*t goes on during Sup/Manager meetings.
    Cordially yours,
    冠木侍 (KS)

"Jiu mo gwai gwaai faai dei zau" (妖魔鬼怪快哋走) -- The venerable Uncle Chan

"A fool with a sword is more dangerous than any weapon..."

“If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.”--John Quincy Adams

"If you have an unconquerable calmness, you can overcome the enemy without force" -Bushi Matsumura

Quote Originally Posted by 冠木侍 View Post
    Spoken like company leadership. Make use of the cheap labor and get rid of the vets. Although, when being offered a promotion, it is wise to look to their motives. Do they want you because they think you are good or do they just need a body to fill in a spot. A lot of shady sh*t goes on during Sup/Manager meetings.
    Each time the offer came up, it was to get me trained to take the manager spot for some other guy who had quit. Each time, for the same store.

I don't know if it's all RadioShack districts, or just this one, but we had a LOT of internal theft. I know at least one assistant manager (the first I let take my spot) got the company for around $3000 in stolen merchandise and eBay'd it.

From what I gathered at various meetings and speaking to managers, he was on the low end.

Hell, the last district manager embezzled over 10k, and the store manager at my store falsified over 3k in returns, pocketed the cash.

The crew I was working with was the closest to clean we had for a while. We only had one thief, and two pot-heads.
    BreakProof Back® Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    Oh snap, that's what this is? I thought putting myself through college, assisting with cancer treatment/recovery for my grandfather, and supporting myself with an underpaying job was the "real world."

Thanks for the head's up.

Yeah, about that. Sales Associates with RadioShack don't get "raises." Base pay is $1 over minimum wage, plus commissions and special incentives. Commission rate is 2.75% for accessory items, and up to $30 for a screw-the-customer-in-their-ass-sans-lube cellphone deal. The pay the associate receives never goes up, not counting commission and sales differences.
    BreakProof Back® Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

Quote Originally Posted by Vash View Post
    assisting with cancer treatment/recovery for my grandfather.

Does GunnedDownAtrocity know you have a helpless Grandparent? You should of seen what he did to my Grandmother who's been dead for 9 years. Grandpa is still furious.....

P.S. He want's his dog back

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    Quote Originally Posted by MaFuYee View Post
    you got worked up over a position at radio shack?!

it doesn't matter where someone works. only that they do a good job at whatever it is that they are doing.

what this world is lacking is people who take pride in doing good work.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Setting good standards

Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post

it doesn't matter where someone works. only that they do a good job at whatever it is that they are doing.

QFT.

I notice that a lot of the younger generation lack the self-motivation. Changing jobs or careers is a common thing but doing a good job at what you do now is crucial to good development work ethic. Management can/will foster their employees, train and develop them but it is up to the individuals to take the extra step and maintain a good standard of quality.
    Cordially yours,
    冠木侍 (KS)

"Jiu mo gwai gwaai faai dei zau" (妖魔鬼怪快哋走) -- The venerable Uncle Chan

"A fool with a sword is more dangerous than any weapon..."

“If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.”--John Quincy Adams

"If you have an unconquerable calmness, you can overcome the enemy without force" -Bushi Matsumura

Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post

Oso takes the correct into the back room and gives it the lashing it's daddy should have as a boy. lol
    Kung Fu is good for you.