Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So, I Fired a CEO Today.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnedDownAtrocity View Post
    steve .... if you fu ck with vash ill have sex with your grandmother. and her lapdog. at the same time. while we chant your name. and say hurtful things about your face. cause its funny lookin. like someone threw up jello on a paper bag.
    I better be invited to that.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnedDownAtrocity View Post
    steve .... if you fu ck with vash ill have sex with your grandmother. and her lapdog. at the same time. while we chant your name. and say hurtful things about your face. cause its funny lookin. like someone threw up jello on a paper bag.
    I want your babies.
    BreakProof Back® Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

cjurakpt Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    I better be invited to that.
    obviously, he did mention that the lapdog would be there...

dibs on the jello throw-up...

Quote Originally Posted by cjurakpt View Post
    obviously, he did mention that the lapdog would be there...

dibs on the jello throw-up...
    I just want to be invited to make sure he goes through with it.

I think I could swing it into an internet phenomenon.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

cjurakpt Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    I just want to be invited to make sure he goes through with it.

I think I could swing it into an internet phenomenon.
    BTW, who's gonna be the one to dig grams up?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    Welcome to the real world.

If you turn down 3 promotions, you are of no use to a company. They aren't going to keep giving you raises to stick around and do the same thing that someone less experienced will do a lot cheaper.
    Spoken like company leadership. Make use of the cheap labor and get rid of the vets. Although, when being offered a promotion, it is wise to look to their motives. Do they want you because they think you are good or do they just need a body to fill in a spot. A lot of shady sh*t goes on during Sup/Manager meetings.
    Cordially yours,
    冠木侍 (KS)

"Jiu mo gwai gwaai faai dei zau" (妖魔鬼怪快哋走) -- The venerable Uncle Chan

"A fool with a sword is more dangerous than any weapon..."

“If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.”--John Quincy Adams

"If you have an unconquerable calmness, you can overcome the enemy without force" -Bushi Matsumura

Quote Originally Posted by 冠木侍 View Post
    Spoken like company leadership. Make use of the cheap labor and get rid of the vets. Although, when being offered a promotion, it is wise to look to their motives. Do they want you because they think you are good or do they just need a body to fill in a spot. A lot of shady sh*t goes on during Sup/Manager meetings.
    Each time the offer came up, it was to get me trained to take the manager spot for some other guy who had quit. Each time, for the same store.

I don't know if it's all RadioShack districts, or just this one, but we had a LOT of internal theft. I know at least one assistant manager (the first I let take my spot) got the company for around $3000 in stolen merchandise and eBay'd it.

From what I gathered at various meetings and speaking to managers, he was on the low end.

Hell, the last district manager embezzled over 10k, and the store manager at my store falsified over 3k in returns, pocketed the cash.

The crew I was working with was the closest to clean we had for a while. We only had one thief, and two pot-heads.

Setting good standards

Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post

it doesn't matter where someone works. only that they do a good job at whatever it is that they are doing.

what this world is lacking is people who take pride in doing good work.
    QFT.

I notice that a lot of the younger generation lack the self-motivation. Changing jobs or careers is a common thing but doing a good job at what you do now is crucial to good development work ethic. Management can/will foster their employees, train and develop them but it is up to the individuals to take the extra step and maintain a good standard of quality.
    Cordially yours,
    冠木侍 (KS)

“If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.”--John Quincy Adams

"If you have an unconquerable calmness, you can overcome the enemy without force" -Bushi Matsumura

cjurakpt Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash View Post
    Each time the offer came up, it was to get me trained to take the manager spot for some other guy who had quit. Each time, for the same store.

I don't know if it's all RadioShack districts, or just this one, but we had a LOT of internal theft. I know at least one assistant manager (the first I let take my spot) got the company for around $3000 in stolen merchandise and eBay'd it.

From what I gathered at various meetings and speaking to managers, he was on the low end.

Hell, the last district manager embezzled over 10k, and the store manager at my store falsified over 3k in returns, pocketed the cash.

The crew I was working with was the closest to clean we had for a while. We only had one thief, and two pot-heads.
    probably you were wise to turn down the offers - sounds like you would have been setting yourself up for being in charge of a situation that was untenable

sounds like RS needs to seriously re-format their revenue auditing / inventory control mechanisms...

ironic how they penalize the guy who was being honest!

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    Welcome to the real world.
    Oh snap, that's what this is? I thought putting myself through college, assisting with cancer treatment/recovery for my grandfather, and supporting myself with an underpaying job was the "real world."

Thanks for the head's up.

If you turn down 3 promotions, you are of no use to a company. They aren't going to keep giving you raises to stick around and do the same thing that someone less experienced will do a lot cheaper.
    Yeah, about that. Sales Associates with RadioShack don't get "raises." Base pay is $1 over minimum wage, plus commissions and special incentives. Commission rate is 2.75% for accessory items, and up to $30 for a screw-the-customer-in-their-ass-sans-lube cellphone deal. The pay the associate receives never goes up, not counting commission and sales differences.

probably you were wise to turn down the offers - sounds like you would have been setting yourself up for being in charge of a situation that was untenable

sounds like RS needs to seriously re-format their revenue auditing / inventory control mechanisms...
    Seriously. K-Mart had a better computerized inventory management system. Most of R$'s stuff is done with an "honor system" scanner; you can just type in the store product number without having the item on-hand, and float stolen items over several inventories , so no one at corporate notices.

ironic how they penalize the guy who was being honest!
    That's what irked me. I mentioned I was looking around for other jobs, and my assistant manager ratted me out to the corporate office so he could get a better shot at his own store. I tried to contact the DM, but I never got a single response, aside from my demotion/insult.

cjurakpt Guest
    my assistant manager ratted me out to the corporate office so he could get a better shot at his own store.
    oh NOW I get it - you're trying to recruit fellow KFM brothers for a good ol' fashioned beat down! where do we meet up?

oh NOW I get it - you're trying to recruit fellow KFM brothers for a good ol' fashioned beat down! where do we meet up?
    It's a temptation, I'll say that much.

But, he knows what a threat from me really means - I call his phone when he's at home, and his wife's panties need to be changed.

The best laid plans o' mice and men....

Well, it seems that you figured out their intent. From what I read, you had been there for a good while, so the uppers know about your work ethic. If Radio Shack uses a true merit based promotion method, then that stuff should not exist in the corporate culture. I gather from your experience sir that your former co-workers were not the cream of the crop (to say the least) and that merit is not a requirement for advancement. You may have done yourself a favor by leaving such an environment. Even though you may not have been directly involved in or having to do with theft, the mere attachment to to your name or position is grounds for unofficial blacklisting.

I realized that in your line of business, it is easy for things like cellphones and small electronics and accessories to disappear from the truck shipments...probably more so because that is the bulk of your inventory. Shrink and Internal/External theft is still a major issue with a lot of the big electronic retailers. Their is usually a plan of action to try and prevent such things and their are boring meetings about loss prevention and the like. But from the information you provided, it seems that they are aware of the problem but aren't taking much action. The numbers you mention are just staggering. Either these were master thieves or their was something internal that had gone awry.

Regarding promotions in general, I am told that once you turn down the first promotion (regardless of THEIR motive), they do not see you in the same light as they once did before. So they are less likely to give that person another opportunity (a little bit of personal experience). But in this case, it is probably better to not be associated with all this shady business.

Good luck with your future endeavors.
    Cordially yours,
    冠木侍 (KS)

Quote Originally Posted by 冠木侍 View Post
    Regarding promotions in general, I am told that once you turn down the first promotion (regardless of THEIR motive), they do not see you in the same light as they once did before. So they are less likely to give that person another opportunity (a little bit of personal experience). But in this case, it is probably better to not be associated with all this shady business.
    Yeah, I tried to stay out of the corporate culture as much as possible, particularly with this company. It was like a bizarre combination of Dilbert and the Soprano's, without all the kinky sex. I meant violence. I saw more strange sex there than at the local orgy hot-spot.

I feel like I got a good idea on what NOT to do with a business, how to search for holes in inventory management and employee behavior, and how to structure team-building and management. All good skills for running one's own business.

Good luck with your future endeavors.
    Thanks! I've got another job lined out already, start in two weeks. Better company, better pay. I'm confident I'll be building my first business within five years.