Page 19 of 34 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: All Aboard the Pork Chop X-press!!

all the more reason to use stance training - to work on ur structure!

my doc says those knee flexing/straightening exercises will help strengthen the patella and help it get back on the right "track". i know that track alignment problem very well from an older sports injury when i was a teenager.

practicing with proper alignment, foot and knee same direction, will help tremendously. i am just getting over a knee injury. it hardly bothers me after a chi kung session though.

and, quick question, do you ever work specifically on loosening and stretching your kua?
    Last edited by KTS; 06-10-2009 at 12:17 PM.

deep horse stance training destroyed my knees back in the day
    san ti and post training are nowhere near as bad, but I already do a lot of leg exercises, especially lunges & explosive movements with strict adherence to proper form.

we got a lot of stretches in muay thai to loosen up the hips and pelvis, it's also built into our ram muay/wai kru.

the chiro session made the hip & knee pain go away for about 15 minutes. even after the pain came back, it was nowhere near as severe. I think I'm on the right track and a few more sessions will really help. he did tell me to take it easy this week, so i guess i shouldn't feel too bad about being less than motivated to work out.
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.
    -Jack Dempsey ch1 pg1 Championship Fighting

good news.....

hip opening sequence
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fqkj-1t1MU

bad news....
    might have to push the visit to the fall
    "pain is not my enemy; it is my call to greatness. " - Henry Rollins

Baltimore San Shou

WWW.NLPF.NET

“The only undefeated fighters are those who do not compete.” – Coach Sonnon, MMA.tv

man, and I was gonna buy you beer the whole time in payment for working my corner too.

thanks for the stretch vid, i added the one that i don't do to my routine and hopefully it'll help.

Thur 6/11
    First time back since monday.
    Was just kinda down & depressed the last couple days.
    hit it hard today

mma gym after work
    main set of the workout looked like
    1 round of 4 station burnouts at 20s a station
    2 rounds of 8 station burnouts at 20s a station
    1 round of 4 station power hits at 10 reps a station
    2 rounds of 8 station power hits at 10 reps a station

muay thai gym after that
    after an intense self workout, i practiced defending the takedown till i puked & almost passed out... then I did it some more. fell on my rib, little tender but not bad.

finished up at gold's
    took a shower n chilled in the pool & jaccuzzi

tomorrow's another day
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.

i'm itching to do some ol' school san shou too..... just all kinda bad timing.....

Baltimore San Shou

WWW.NLPF.NET

“The only undefeated fighters are those who do not compete.” – Coach Sonnon, MMA.tv

fron that vid, chop, i would be carefull of doing some of those movements where the knees are on the floor if you have a knee track prob like i had.

but there are some good stretches in there. i some of those daily.

i hope u can get in more SC practice. your thai seems to be practiced consistantly, but throws happen a lot in competition. and not only being able to throw well, but sensing when to throw is sooo very important. it has made the difference between winning andf losing in some of the fights i have seen this year.

if you followed the lai tai rules, for example, ur fight may last no more than 1 minute if your throwing and takedowns are high level.

and the shorter the fight, the bigger advantage u have when u may have to fight up to 4 or 5 times in a single day.

they just posted the official rules today
    i've got a tough decision to make
    one of those times when enough stuff goes wrong that you think maybe it's just not in the cards...

whats the problem?

edit: and yeah, i have had enough of those times when everything, just about every little thing even seems to go wrong.
    Last edited by KTS; 06-12-2009 at 12:25 PM.

after spending 200 on custom 16oz gloves; because the 2007 rules i was told to reference said that it was 14oz for 190 & below and 16oz for 190+; this year they say glove weights are 12 or 14oz.

on top of that chest guards are now mandatory.

these proposed expenses come at the end of my first week absolutely stressing my budget with expensive trips to a chiropractor in hopes of rehabbing myself enough to survive the training.

flat broke, physically broke down, and mentally pretty much burned out.

my friends/cornermen aren't coming and the original purpose for setting it as my goal (my last chance to be a kid) is basically already pointless being that the kid's here and I have to take care of him.

just not really fun anymore.
    i've got other priorities.

wow, man. just wow.

and u have to wear chest protectors? we just wear those in sparring - for fighting just headgear and gloves. nobody else can provide u with a chest protecter?

and broke, no cornermen, d@mn! i can feel your disappointment.

could u at least go, watch and bring your kid or something?

d@mn. sucks to hear man.

last time i had so many problems getting to an event(like the car suddenly had transmission issue, money came up shorter than i thought, etc), the event was really fun, but i had trouble finding a hotel at the time of night it ended. it seemed like everything was preventing me from going, and it ended up not too well when it was said and done even though i had a lot of fun at the event.

sometimes, these things happen for a reason.

good call on the knee issues....

e - they should have community gloves, chest guards, etc... not that it's an ideal thing....

Baltimore San Shou

WWW.NLPF.NET

well the gear's more of the straw that broke the camel's back rather than the single point of failure.

it really is a combination of all that stuff i mentioned: newborn baby taking a lot out of me, mental & physical burn out from pushing it so hard this year keeping me from being able to train like I need to, and a financial situation that's probably as strained as your's at the moment (my salary's supporting 3 and building a house).

there'll be other opportunities. i know there's no such thing as a "perfect situation", but at this time it's just not feasible.

if this fight had been when i had my last exhibition bout and broke my ribs, it would've been a lot better for me and I would've been more prepared than I could possibly be by July.

meanwhile, I'm gonna enjoy spending some time with my kid and getting back to my other hobbies like studying Japanese. It'll be nice getting back to training for fun instead of training to meet a deadline. Did I mention that I missed beer?

Gonna have to get my routine down with the kid, but I think golden gloves early next year might be a possibility.

I don't have the kids this week. We're gonna go out, and I'm gonna buy you a beer.
    I have no idea what WD is talking about.--Royal Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Water Dragon View Post
    I don't have the kids this week. We're gonna go out, and I'm gonna buy you a beer.
    thanks
    but there's only one thing that'll make me feel better at a time like this
    Orange mocha frappuccino! (sorry I couldn't find it in English)

yup, i know how it is. i was gonna demo one year but my knee problem sort of interrupted that.

it is always a timing issue - and always things like that happen at the wrong time!

ah, so u are learning japanese. how about u join us in korean? we are so much more cool!

i have chinese on my plate next, hopefully sooner depending - girl issue type thing. u know. well, u dont gotta worry about those anymore i think.