Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: you and your horse stance

you and your horse stance

it is said that the horse is the foundation of training... some people refer to it as being a free chair, someone i know juggles iron balls in horse stance to help tighten and condition the structure... i was wondering how people incorporate their horse stance into their daily lives... the other day we were all meditating on the job site after we got to a part of the wall that need to be stuccoed and all the available scaffold building materials were being used...

aside from taking a poop, does anyone else have any creative horse stance stories to share??

p.s. i do realize i am on a slightly crooked high horse here.

very nice

they must LOVE u at work:

"Hey guys, we have to get these wheelbarrows full of bricks across this 6' wide ravine, but we don't have anything long or wide enough to lay across the gap; anybody got any ideas what we could use?"

pushing wheelbarrows is an awesome workout... bridging the body might work with one full of bricks if a wood road were thrown down first... they definitely love me at work - i told the boss he needs to get in the pictures so we can send them to his insurance company. seriously though, i do have some job security - guy's there 18 years are getting sent home for the day while i and my dragon friend get all the hours... it's all about that work ethnic.

punching the ground while in horse... awesome.

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    doing it wrong straighten you back...
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonzbane76 View Post
    doing it wrong straighten you back...
    then my friend would have spilled over and off into the newly pardged wall... adaptability creates tenacity.

Quote Originally Posted by uki View Post
    pushing wheelbarrows is an awesome workout... bridging the body might work with one full of bricks if a wood road were thrown down first... they definitely love me at work - i told the boss he needs to get in the pictures so we can send them to his insurance company. seriously though, i do have some job security - guy's there 18 years are getting sent home for the day while i and my dragon friend get all the hours... it's all about that work ethnic.

Why you gotta make it about race?
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Quote Originally Posted by IronFist View Post
    Why you gotta make it about race?
    LOL... well i do work just as hard if not harder than the mexican immigrants... american redneck construction workers that bitch about the mexicans taking all the jobs have to stop and wonder if it's because they are all overweight, high-heeled boot wearing, cigarette smoking, toothless slugs that would rather bark orders and look important talking on their cellphones, rather than actually doing any work for themselves.

Well...

... it is not near as glamorous, but I sit/practice horse stance when I do the dishes. I think it's good practice and makes brownie points with the wife.

I'm a rookie though, the best I've ever done is 17 minutes. We have to be able to sit in horse stance for X amount of minutes for each rank, so I figure I might as well get good at it.

very nice 17 minutes is a long time good job man u r good. try doing it with with weights its great for stance tranings
    Last edited by bawang; 06-18-2010 at 11:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief_Suicide View Post
    ... it is not near as glamorous, but I sit/practice horse stance when I do the dishes. I think it's good practice and makes brownie points with the wife.

I'm a rookie though, the best I've ever done is 17 minutes. We have to be able to sit in horse stance for X amount of minutes for each rank, so I figure I might as well get good at it.
    Why ???
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

does it in heels !

in a previous life we would do horse stance for X time during testing. It wasnt for seeing how long you could do your stance, or being able to do the stance for a certain time frame.

the reasoning behind the long standing during testing (for us), for better or worse, is to push yourself to the limit, then pass it on will power alone. each person would only stop standing when sifu noticed they achieved what he was looking for, so for every person the time frame was different, he would silently rest a hand on your shoulder, and that was heaven, lol. my longest standing was 45 minutes. no way i can do that now.....

you can do this many different ways, i think our teacher used ma bu simply because during his coming up, he was subjected to severe long term standing on a daily basis. temple training.....we had it easy.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.