Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: All Aboard the Pork Chop X-press!!

Tuesday was kind of a light day.
    In the morning i did 30+ min of Wii fit.

After work I went to the gym and coached my buddies for over an hour, doing a bit of the warm up with them - but going pretty light for the most part.

Around 6 I went to Phet's gym to start working out.
    Struggled through a little bit of a warm up & resigned myself to just working on kicks.
    100 push kicks each leg.
    100 low kicks each leg.
    100 rib-level kicks each leg.
    Power was a priority (as much as I could generate anyway).
    Held pads for around 5 rounds at the end.

My rib is all about f*cked.
    I'm going to keep trying to work around it, but I can't jump, I can't really run, I doubt I can really even punch. As soon as I stop doing exercise, it starts to cramp up real bad- so even when I think I'm fine, I"m not.
    Phet was cool with me taking my time though, coz he knows how ribs are.

I think the Wii fit may have aggravated it, not sure.
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.
    -Jack Dempsey ch1 pg1 Championship Fighting

kinda killed it Wednesday Jan 21
    went to Gold's at lunch - did 15 min of cardio and a quick back workout:
    the dual cable row/pulldown x 4 sets x 20 reps per set 5plates, 6, 7, 8
    the horizontal row machine 6 plates x 20, 7 plates x 15, 8 plates x 20

went to alivemma after work, around 4:30 and taught my coworker
    went through the warm ups with him, but holding back on some of the calisthenics
    the ab work and the jump squats were particularly tough with my rib.
    the second 30 minutes was technique work, so I was mostly babysitting him while he was throwing stuff
    finished him off with knees.

got over to the muay thai gym by 6:30
    warmed up with more jogging
    went into heavybag work
    started off with 100 skip knees each side
    then a round of jabs
    then a round of more knees
    then a round of crosses
    then another round of knees
    then a round of light hooks (ribs preventing me from throwing my money shot) and uppercuts
    then a round of combo punches (keeping my rear stuff as stiff as possible)
    then 100 high round kicks each leg
    then 100 push kicks each leg
    started working on 100 low kicks on the hardest bag before my coach had me working clinch work with my friend sergio
    worked clinch work for what felt like 30 min; we were in the ring with Kru Vong - my coach's teacher.
    i believe the dude's had around 100 fights in Thailand, and definitely shows it.
    we thought we had decent clinches, but then he gave us a master's course - changing our thinking on everything from fundamentals to more advanced stuff
    then he took us on the heavybags and had us working on the "quiet" round kick
    Left the gym after 9

Didn't really get to do WiiFit yesterday and woke up late this morning (my wife & I were relying on her alarm clock, which didn't go off - she was late to work). Want to do the wii fit daily, but haven't done a great job of consistency this week.
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.

Quote Originally Posted by Pork Chop View Post
    kinda killed it Wednesday Jan 21
    went to Gold's at lunch - did 15 min of cardio and a quick back workout:
    the dual cable row/pulldown x 4 sets x 20 reps per set 5plates, 6, 7, 8
    the horizontal row machine 6 plates x 20, 7 plates x 15, 8 plates x 20

went to alivemma after work, around 4:30 and taught my coworker
    went through the warm ups with him, but holding back on some of the calisthenics
    the ab work and the jump squats were particularly tough with my rib.
    the second 30 minutes was technique work, so I was mostly babysitting him while he was throwing stuff
    finished him off with knees.

got over to the muay thai gym by 6:30
    warmed up with more jogging
    went into heavybag work
    started off with 100 skip knees each side
    then a round of jabs
    then a round of more knees
    then a round of crosses
    then a round of light hooks (ribs preventing me from throwing my money shot) and uppercuts
    then a round of combo punches (keeping my rear stuff as stiff as possible)
    then 100 high round kicks each leg
    then 100 push kicks each leg
    started working on 100 low kicks on the hardest bag before my coach had me working clinch work with my friend sergio
    worked clinch work for what felt like 30 min; we were in the ring with Kru Vong - my coach's teacher.
    i believe the dude's had around 100 fights in Thailand, and definitely shows it.
    we thought we had decent clinches, but then he gave us a master's course - changing our thinking on everything from fundamentals to more advanced stuff
    then he took us on the heavybags and had us working on the "quiet" round kick
    Left the gym after 9

Didn't really get to do WiiFit yesterday and woke up late this morning (my wife & I were relying on her alarm clock, which didn't go off - she was late to work). Want to do the wii fit daily, but haven't done a great job of consistency this week.
    Awesome Thai workout, man! Looks like you're putting in some serious effort.
    A unique snowflake

Quote Originally Posted by WinterPalm View Post
    Awesome Thai workout, man! Looks like you're putting in some serious effort.
    Thanx!
    Can't wait till i'm a little more healthy; these dang ribs are annoying.
    Whether the weight comes off or not, i'm going to crank it up to 11.

Thursday 1-22 was a pretty good day.
    Like I said, I woke up too late to do wii fit.
    I went to Gold's in the afternoon as part of my quest to get reimbursed $150 for 120 workouts.

16 minutes on the elliptical, high setting, nice sweat.
    4 sets of incline shoulder press machine 5 plates x 20 reps, 6 x 20, 7 x 10, 8 x 10
    4 sets of seated row (the weights are slightly guessed) 65lbs x 20, 80 x 20, 105 x 10, 120 x 10
    4 sets of triceps extensions (again, not sure on the weights) 15lbs x 15, 30 x 15, 45 x 15, 60 x 15
    3 sets of ez bar curl 40lbs x 20, 50 x 15, 60 x 10

went to mma gym after work to teach coworker.
    held pads for the first 30 minutes
    worked 4 rounds of bags together
    took turns throwing 20 rep skip knees each leg on bag for 2 sets

cruised over to muay thai by 6:30
    held pads for 5 rounds or so
    round of heavy bag
    30+ plus minutes of shadow, with a lot of input on my defenses from the coach
    Over an hour and a half of partner work with the guy who hurt my ribs in the first place.
    He and both coaches provided a lot of input and really did a lot of work on my game.
    Took a little shot to the exact spot on my ribs, which re-aggravated the injury a bit.
    Skills-wise, today was a huge step forward.

Sleeping was kinda tough last night, the ribs were aching with more intensity than before.
    ok now i think.

no wii fit again last night, but really had no time; spent almost 5 hours in the gym yesterday.

If you are using the Wii, my wife uses Wii Fitness Coach, which is pretty cool. It allows you to schedule different workouts (cardio, yoga, strength, and flexibility), designs those workouts around your fitness level, and then increases/decreases the level of difficulty based on your feedback.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

that sounds a lot like the wii fit i was talking about
    takes your weight, bmi, age, flexibility, strength, and balance
    then you work out on a daily basis and try to meet the goals it gives you
    the workout types are: yoga, strength, cardio, and balance
    i did pretty well the first 2 days on it but ran out of time the rest of this week.

i definitely plan on playing it tonight; but I probably won't make it to Gold's for an afternoon workout.
    may go to Gold's later for some cardio if tonight's a slow night.
    I study japanese on friday nights, so I usually don't hit up any gyms.
    I like having the one dedicated night during the week to do something else so I don't feel like my life is swallowed by the gym.

Saturday, Jan 24
    Went to watch the smoker fights/sparring matches at my gym today.
    They're technically not full contact; but they're close enough to get a feel for competing.
    Guys from my gym did real well.
    Might've participated as a last-minute entry if my ribs weren't still less than 100%.
    Definitely going to do it next time; 6 weeks from now.
    The guy that dropped my with the knee to my ribs last weekend dropped his opponent/partner; so I didn't feel so bad.
    Saw Affliction tonight.
    Went kinda how I pictured it would.
    The 2 big KOs of the night still gave me that "holy f*ck!" reaction.
    Motivation got a nice shot in the arm today.
    Still glad I had an extra day of rest - the past week banged me up pretty good.
    Haven't gone back to Wii fit yet - need to do a better job of that; just seems such a hassle to completely rearrange my living room.

Sunday 1/25
    I broke out the Wii for a while.
    Did 30 min on Wii Fit and over 300kcal on DDR.
    My rib was aching, might've re-aggravated it (again).

Monday 1/26 was a good day

Woke up and did a little Wii in the morning.

at lunch I went to gold's to work out for an hour:
    16 min on the elliptical crosstrainer
    (the weights may not be 100% accurate, working off of memory)
    free motion bench 50lbs x 15, 60lbs x 15, 80lbs x 10, 90lbs x 10
    free motion pulldown 50 x 15, 70 x 15, 100 x 10, 120 x 10
    free motion shoulder press 50 x 15, 60 x 15, 80 x 15
    free motion row 80 x 15, 100 x 15, 120 x 15

after work I went to the mma gym to work with my coworkers for an hour.
    almost killed both of them - lots of calisthenics & stretching exercises.

got to the muay thai gym more than a 1/2 hour early
    worked for over 2 hours on jump rope, bag work, and partner work.

bit tired today, ribs still bugging me.

Tuesday 1/27... still not sure how I survived.

wii in the morning for a little bit

gold's in the afternoon
    15 min elliptical crosstrainer
    my knee's been buggin me so I did some exercises that I normally associate with "rehab".
    single leg quad kickouts - 30lbs x 15each leg, 60 x 15ea, 90 x 15ea, 90 x 10ea
    single leg hamstring curls - 30lbs x 15 each leg, 60 x 12ea, 60x8ea (left failed around 8, right finished 10)

went to the mma gym after work & started working out around 4:30.
    good warm up because temperature dropped really quickly in the afternoon & it was cold all of a sudden
    worked shadow, bag, thai pads, and 2 person drills.

got to the muay thai gym by 6:15
    coach tried to kill me
    don't think i've ever done that many squat thrusts in one workout.
    loooooots of calisthenics
    a 5 minute round of continuous skip knees (reminded me of the zen mindset of horse stance)
    did some pad work, clinch work, and partner work (with some light technique sparring)
    some how made it to almost 9pm

This morning I feel surprisingly "ok" for coming off a 5 hour day and 9 hours in the last 2 days.
    There's a part of me that's screaming to take off today (okay, well my wife and one of my training partners too) but I think I should be okay if I lower the intensity a little.

Wed 1/28
    Want to get this down before I forget.

Tiny bit of wii in the morning.

At lunch I went to Gold's.
    15 min on the elliptical - had a d@mn good elliptical workout, much better than yesterday.
    seated military press w/dumbbells - 40lbs x 15, 12, 10. First shoulder workout in a while, got a lot of work to do
    Hammerstrength pulldown - 45 each side x 15, 70 ea side x 10, 70 ea side x 15, 70ea side x 15

So far today I feel much more awake & less sore than yesterday.
    Still going planning on making all my workouts, but there's definitely a part that wants me to take it easy.

Wed 1/28 part 2
    My coworkers all canceled on me to go to to the mma gym after work.
    As it was only 4pm & I was done with work - 3 hours before the night time muay thai class, I decided to go home and take a nap. We all know that never works for working out.
    Got hungry as soon as I got home so I had some italian food.
    Fell asleep around 5:30 and woke up at 9:30.
    had a hard time getting back to bed after that, woke up late this morning.
    Funny how this stuff tends to snowball.
    Basically I cut my wednesday workout day in half, did the first half of the day yesterday and will do the second half tonight.

The rest was a good thing, my knee's feeling about 50% better (puts it around 75~80%) and I feel refreshed to hit the gym again.
    Ribs still buggin the cr@p outta me; especially since kinda re-injuring them tuesday.

Thursday 1/29

So I woke up so late that I couldn't do wii in the morning or go to the gym in the afternoon.
    My coworkers canceled on me for the after work workout as well.
    But all was not lost.
    I went to Phet's and KILLED it.
    One of those workouts when you are constantly pushing the pace for 2 hours.
    I got there an hour early and finished up about 30 min before the class was officially finished, but it was a hard workout.

Friday was my rest day.
    Saturday 1/31 i was dreading going into the gym this morning and actually had to force myself to go in - seriously contemplated taking the day off.
    I think it's coz my ribs are still bothering me and Saturdays are typically sparring.
    The highlights were 5 rounds of pad work and a return to the slam ball w/100 slams.
    Took a little break for about 5 minutes after some of the more intense stuff and finished up the last 15 min or so on heavybag.
    Pretty good workout, I pushed myself, but one of those days where maybe you thought there was something you should've done.
    Weird day.
    Not sure that I'm gonna go watch the fights tonight.

Sunday, I played wii for a bit, but it was mario kart, so nothing that required any effort.

Monday 2/3/09
    20+ min of wii fit in the morning

had some stuff to take care of at lunch
    everyone at work's been canceling on me as far as after work gym time.
    went to gold's after work by myself:
    30 min of cardio
    7 sets of free motion cable pulldowns
    50 x 15, 60 x 15, 70 x 15, 80 x 15, 90 x 10, 100 x 10, 120 x 6
    My goal right now is to work my back as much as possible so I can do pullups.
    My back's been neglected for way too many years so until I can start doing pullups, it's getting the majority of my attention.

went to muay thai gym after that.
    another class was going on so i didn't start working out right away.
    Ended up getting cold & sleepy, so starting back up was kind of a pain.
    LOTS of calisthenics
    a bit of pad work
    LOTS of clinch work - can't beat semi-private tutoring on the clinch from a Thai with over 100 fights.

came home and did more wii.

good day. 3.5 hours total, so a little shorter, but I wasn't dragging a$$ after 8pm.