Quote Originally Posted by Ali. R View Post
I think just about everyone here would agree; when they first heard of wing chun they heard of things like; “it’s a fighting art in which uses sensitively and it teaches you to stay soft”, and so and so forth…

When you do wing chun or while playing chi sao, do you promote and perpetuate softness and sensitively, just like everyone talks about? Do you have rigidness, tension in the hands and lost of balance when playing chi sao? If so, then you’re going against everything that really brought you to the art (softness and sensitively)…
Ali Rahim.
What brought me to the art was the idea that a self-defense situation could be diffused very quickly easily. The same engine for everything (elbow) enables me to shut my thinking brain off and just drive forward.

My opinion of all this "sensitivity training" is that most of it is going to go out the window when the sh!t hits the fan. When I get an adrenaline dump and tunnel vision, it's going to be little more mash-mash than sensitivity.

So while the sensitivity training can provide a little more of an advantage, I think it's more important that I concentrate on hitting and making my fist act like the ball on the end of a chain. When it comes to Chi Sau, I'm really leaning more into the idea that the drill has been made into a soft-patty-cake mess. I'm looking for ways to eliminate the extraneous movements and wet- spaghetti-like movements.

My opinion on the whole matter,
Kenton