Thread: New Kung Fu movie, starring Ray Park of Star Wars Episode I....

jojitsu27 Guest

New Kung Fu movie, starring Ray Park of Star Wars Episode I....

This is hot from Ain't-it-cool.com
    >>>* Ray Park (EPISODE I, X-MEN) will play the title role in Artisan's IRON FIST, based on the Marvel Comics character. It's about a Westerner who was raised in a secret temple and can channel his lifeforce into his fist which can strike with the force of an iron. He returns to the United States to seek revenge for the murder of his parents. John Turman (FREEDOM) will write the screenplay.

brokenfist Guest

All Right

It's about **** time!

"I got no dukes" -the goat

sean_stonehart Guest

Cool...

So Ray Park is Danny Rand-kai. Nifty. As a fan of the series from the mid 80's (yeah I know I missed the first years), I always thought it'd make a good movie. Now... who's gonna play Lucas Cage??

I wonder if they'll actually explain how he "earned" the Iron Fist or not??

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag and begin slitting throats.

-- H.L. Mencken

Goldenmane Guest

Other role:

Ray park also played the Headless Horseman (during fight scenes) in Sleepy Hollow.

-geoff

-A hundred enemies, a hundred cups of wine. Infinite enemies, infinite wine.-

Taijimantis Guest

Power Man...

Good question, Sean,
    Lucas Cage was one bad mother... no Im not talkin Bout Sam Jackson... he's too little.
    Were talkin about a guy whose muscle density was so great he could take a .45 in the chest and barely blink!

What are your suggestions?

P.S. Im still ****ed off about the whole "Spider Man" web shooter mutation BullSh*t...
    When they gonna learn... if it aint broke dont fix it?

Tien Long Guest

Ray Park+Iron Fist= A treat for comic book fanboys.

I know many a comic book medium lovers have been waiting anxiously for a movie like this to happen, especially with a martial arts expert like Park heading it up. Will it have a awesome dialouge, raising great poignant moments of pithy and emotion? I don't think so. Will it maybe show his training in K'un L'un and his acquirement of the "iron fist"? Hopefully. To me, the people at marvel chose to do an Iron Fist movie, because they have less risk from a multitude of screaming fanatics who might critize the film for "bad characterization," like "Blade."

P.S. Exactly what type of Kung Fu does Ray Park do? I heard once he was able to defend himself against a group of 20 before.

"Watch the skies, the DRAGON flies!"

Kung Lek Guest
    Hi-

I read somewhere that Ray Park (s?) was a contemporary performance Wu Shu champion.

Many who do Wu Shu are versed in other forms of trad martial arts.

I really did like that comic book though, it was a way cool character to have.
    There was another comic character called "white tiger" anybody remeber that story line?
    I believe the guy was also secretly trained and had a similar storyline to the iron fist series, except that white tiger was a working class mexican american from a poor background.
    Fighting for the rights of a people oppressed!

Hey just like some Shaolin legends eh? haha.

peace

Kung Lek

HuangKaiVun Guest
    I think Park was able to use his wushu training to spin away from a bunch of drunken football (soccer) hooligans in England.

Kyoshu Guest

Lucas Cage

I think they should get Michael J White to play him. He looked good in UniSol the return.

Kyoshu

GinSueDog Guest

Kyoshu

You actually admit to seeing that straight to video movie? You are a bigger man then I ;) -ED