Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heroes Legends

Heroes Legends

I noticed my last fight was talked about in the latest issue of Kung Fu Tai Chi magazine. I have the full fight posted on my website if you want to watch it. I took the fight with 4 days notice of it being a kickboxing K1 rules fight. I had been training for 6 weeks for MMA focusing on wrestling and submissions as that was my biggest weakness. Try and count the groin shots I took. After the one that dripped me I couldn't even think about checking the leg anymore. 3rd round I decided I needed to try for a win or get nocked out, I hate fights going to decision. Ended with me getting knocked out. All in a days work! Check it in the Videos section.
    www.wujikungfu.com

Ayron

Hey guy, I saw that fight. That sucked man!

Props for fighting though.

You were the ref at the tiger balms. You did an awesome job and I definitely felt safe under your eye.
    A unique snowflake

Thanks bro. A fight's a fight. I had fun, mostly. I fight for myself and the experience in order to better my martial skill so the outcome is relative. A win would have been nice, don't get me wrong.
    I have been judging the local sanshou in BC foer the past few years now. Glad you competed!

Hey Ayron!

Nice to hear you chime in on this.

The article was Hero Legends (by me) in our 2008 March/April issue. That's actually off the newsstands now, so the only way to get it is through back issues.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Thanks Gene. Long time!

Oh man that heroes fight was hilarious. I would have totally kicked him in the nuts right back. Should have kept your hand up though. But with a show like that you had to know that nothing was going to go your way, and the only way you could have won was by knock out.

and what was with the intro music?

**** good show of San Da skills in the MMA fight.
    - 三和拳

"Civilize the mind but make savage the body" Mao Tse Tsung

"You're certainly intelligent enough to know how to be a good person without the lead weights of religious dogma." Serpent

"There is no evidence that the zombie progeny of an incestuous space ghost cares what people do." MasterKiller

"If there isn't a chance that you're going to lose in a fight, then you're not fighting tough enough competition." ShaolinTiger00

BLOG
    MYSPACE
    FACEBOOK
    YOUTUBE

oh, that's painful to watch. thats such bull**** man, props for keeping your cool, and going out like a champ.

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    good work.

what's the tat on your shoulder?
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

I dropped my hand to draw him in but his reflexes beat mine and I paid for it. Groin kicks take away your reflexes, lesson learned. I knew I had to make a move and try something as even though I technically should have won by decision I knew it wouldn't go my way if it came to that.
    As for kicking him back in the groin, I don't roll that way. He broke the rules, I didn't. I can live with a loss knowing I fought pretty good and didn't drop to his level. By the way he broke his hand punching me, his foot kicking me, I broke his jaw and his ribs. He spent 3 days in hospital. I had a bruised right upper thigh/groin and that's all. Not another mark on me.
    As for my tattoo its Wu Song from Horiyoshi's designs.

Thanks!

And my intro music wasn't picked by me! Hahaha. I think they used a 1995 Greatest Hits CD for all the music. It was funny for sure.

I also put up a video of my first MMA fight in case anyone's interested.

ttt, interesting thread, deserves more attention.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Hopefully it will get more

If things go as planned, Hero Legends will make it's American debut early next year. Stay tuned. One of my masters, Tony Chen, is heavily involved. In fact, last week, I helped him translate some materials for soliciting sponsors for this. So you know we're on top of this one. I'll post the news as it breaks, right here for you all.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Forgive me, but this is a KICKBOXING promotion, not a san da one? Are they really trying to introduce yet another kick-punch format into the US as opposed to san da?
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

By the way he broke his hand punching me, his foot kicking me, I broke his jaw and his ribs. He spent 3 days in hospital.
    now thats how you lose a fight.
    - 三和拳

"Civilize the mind but make savage the body" Mao Tse Tsung

"You're certainly intelligent enough to know how to be a good person without the lead weights of religious dogma." Serpent

"There is no evidence that the zombie progeny of an incestuous space ghost cares what people do." MasterKiller

"If there isn't a chance that you're going to lose in a fight, then you're not fighting tough enough competition." ShaolinTiger00

BLOG
    MYSPACE
    FACEBOOK
    YOUTUBE