Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Coffee?

Coffee?

any coffee junkies out there? i'm so bad, i roast my own stuff! anyone else?
    Originally Posted by Lee Chiang Po
    You then walk backwards, forcing him off his feet and then drag him by the eye socket and lips. You can pull so hard that the lips tear away. You will never hear such screaming.

I'm not a "coffee junkie" necessarily, but I do enjoy GOOD coffee. I usually buy my coffee from Trader Joe's because they have a big selection of pretty good stuff. I can't deal with the major brands (Folgers, Maxwell House, Starbucks, etc.)

Where do you get beans that you can roast yourself?
    If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple we couldn't.

Lucky Numbers 11, 8, 39, 46, 5, 17

www.sweetmarias.com
    the site is chock-full of info about coffee, and home roasting and brewing. a pound of beans averages about 5 bucks, with slight discounts if you buy in quantity. they also sell all the roasting equipment you'd ever need. i used to strictly buy from peet's , but once i began roasting my own, peet's tasted old. roasting at home is very easy, too! and the coffee tastes fantastic!
    Originally Posted by Lee Chiang Po
    You then walk backwards, forcing him off his feet and then drag him by the eye socket and lips. You can pull so hard that the lips tear away. You will never hear such screaming.

That's cool, thanks. I'll check that out
    If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple we couldn't.

I'm a complete coffee junkie, I tried to switch to tea for a little less caffiene, but its too difficult. I have worked in 2 different starbucks (sadly to say, pu ssy as s company). I love the stuff.
    Bless you

Doesn't coffee have some medicinal properties if you don't nuke it with sugar and cream?
    GOD BLESS THE WORKING STIFF!!!

Yes, but with the positive come the negative.

Gain: antioxidants
    Lose: normal paced heartbeat and possibly bloodpressure.
    Bless you

Gain: Warm yummy feeling and jolt of energy
    Lose: Frequent high pressured poop

PS-My wife really loves Bel Biv Devoe and Poison's her favorite song.

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    Coffee is to the morning as bourbon is to the evening.

My all time favorite is Ethiopian Yrgacheffe...french roast. I used to live in a town with a great coffee shop that roasted just enough every monday to get them through the next monday. I was working as a bartender during the day right next door when they opened...best coffee shop ever...off the wall magazine stand, home made scones and muffins...a chocolate cherry brownie worth killing your mother over. Sadly, the owner died of cancer just a year or two ago.

but, yea, don't ask me for shiat before my first cup.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

You know, don't even talk to me about coffee. You'd think Seattle would have a ton of great coffee places but it seems like it's all Starbucks and Tully's now.

I have to go down to Olympia now to get any decent brew, Batdorf Bronson's ...

WaWa cappucino.

Though I'm fairly certain there's only about 5 percent coffee in there, with the rest comprised of sugar, pure fats, and just enough cocaine to keep you coming back.
    Many roads. One path.

Many styles. One art.

Many lineages. One practioner.

i love coffee, but only have a cup or two a day (granted they are fairly decent sized cups)

since i quit smoking 2 years ago i started buy the stuff you grind yourself in the supermarket, but i'd really like to get into brewing my own.

ill never buy **** from starbucks though. fu ck starbucks.
    where's my beer?

Greetings..

AHHH.. Coffee, the golden nectar of the Gods.. dark, rich, and, the good stuff (light roast) is really buzzy.. i have reduced my intake to about 4 cups a day, 3 in the mornings and 1 after work (5-6:00 pm).. i do like good teas as well.. some of the attraction is in the ritual of preparation, both coffee and tea.. a bit like a ceremony.. i grind my own, or.. go to Barnies, the best local supplier (Orlando).. and, how does Starfcuks stay in business? that is the worst coffee, double roasted which equates to burned.. evenings i find a good coffee and a morsel of dark chocolate to finish off the meal... ummmm, gotta run, there's coffee to brew!

Be well..
    TaiChiBob.. "the teacher that is not also a student is neither"

I drink 2-3 cups a day but if I don't get my coffee in by 11:00am or so I'll start to get a headache. I love dark roast, like a french or itallian roast. I guess its not too bad. I drink tons of water to make up for it.
    Bless you

here is an artical about the health benefits of coffee
    http://www.nytimes.com/2006/08/15/he...ad2764&ei=5070
    Bless you