Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Lower Back Ache

Where ever I Am; today, West Virginia, US of A, NA, N of EUdMexico
    Blog Entries
    It is not a discussion with me to state what you already mentioned, but with examples.

Preface:
    I have not fully examined cjurakpt and therefore do not claim to know anything about cjurakpt’s specific situation.

While this sort of disclaimer allows cjurakpt to enter a discussion about things cjurakpt cannot know without having partaken in a direct examination and then cjurakpt’s extensive knowledge and experience might do other than be significant to advise the most productive course of action to a resolution. Yet cjurakpt suggests or gives advice best as cjurakpt understands to at that moment.

I at best perhaps seek clarification of comment made by cjurakpt “what he describes might alleviate some types of LBP, it could significantly aggravate others; in general, I suggest not taking specific advice on what to do from someone who has no ability to properly diagnose you, but if you do (maybe you are totally desperate and out of all other options, e.g.), go slow and be careful
    potentially dangerous speculation from No_Know...”

What I had later provided wee not in and of themselves diagnostic categories. I asked cjurakpt to provide those. cjurakpt did other than that. Cjurakpt states that my mentions might alleviate some types of LBP, it could significantly aggravate others. Which others? Where does what I say for masherdong’s particular mention not work.

I commented on masherdong’s mention specifically. cjurakpt brings up might alleviate some types of LBP, it could significantly aggravate others. How many situations does masherdong have as you understand it cjurakpt? Your words seem to me to indicate many, unless perhaps you are off the topic or you No_Know.

No discussion with a No_Know. You indicate might alleviate some types of LBP, it could significantly aggravate others.
    What are these LBP types that that you say I described might aggravate?

Thank you,
    No_Know
    Last edited by No_Know; 04-25-2008 at 08:31 AM. Reason: etet
    There are four lights...¼ impulse...all donations can be sent at PayPal.com to qumpreyndweth@juno.com; vurecords.com

Blog Entries
    before we go any further, I would really like to know if English is not your first language, or if you have some sort of cognitive impairment; I ask this because I am going to indulge you a little just to make my point, but I need to understand why you write like a third grader;

Other than a liscenced Healthcare practitioner.

English would count as my first language.

Not diagnosed as having some sort of cognitive impairment.

As to why I write as you might say, a third grader it would be in regards to a concept of allowing for the greastest audience for understanding.

No_Know
    There are four lights...¼ impulse...all donations can be sent at PayPal.com to qumpreyndweth@juno.com; vurecords.com

It's been 24 hours with no response.

Either you made your point overwhelmingly...

...or he's STILL reading your post.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A

I have easily beaten every one I have ever fought.....

I liked it very interesting I wouldnt wast all my time though KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !

Quote Originally Posted by cjurakpt View Post
    thanks; not wasting time - it is a good question in a theoretical sense, and since I don't do this stuff on a regular basis these days, it helps to keep the brain working; certainly, if you had a different perspective on any of what I wrote I would be happy to hear your views

I think he might have meant 'waste so much time' rebutting No_Know. you could have shot him down with a sentence or two.
    Quote:

I like to exerise the brain like this as well I have 2 young children so dont have any time at times.
    My Opinion, Soft tissue lesions Ie: adhesions, strains with assoc inflamation and soft tissue damage are the culprit at times. However I feel that they occur due to long term structural changes caused by Muscle imbalances or Trauma singularly or multiple times.
    Being a MA I feel the trauma is probably due to impact either by someone or the floor. But could also be assoc with long term poor training methods and assoc structural changes . Such as Pelvic anomoly or SI if you want to call it that , however since, I believe he said R LB is the problem area Annular tear or Disc is also a possibility Rad pain isnt always a constant.Also possible fracture with assoc changes calcification etc. Vetebral Rotation or Rib as I said before with assoc Muscle fatigue due to overuse which occurs due to specific adaptations from a structural stand point. I am a structural type of guy and feel this is his problem with assoc lesions as described. Correct the structural problem release the adhesions and get STM progress slow avoid rotational trunk motions at 1st and go from there. KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !

Blog Entries
    To cjruakpt: Very good.

well, it's pretty strange that you would think that ignoring rules of English grammar and syntax would enhance the universality of your writing; I personally find your writing very difficult to follow; perhaps you could try to write according to a more standard format for the duration of this exchange
    I did not understand this to be an exchange passed, that I ask for clarification, then you clarify. You did not care to have a discussion with the likes of me. With that you have responded and I acknowledge that you have done-so. Thank you for your time. And have a great day.

It's been 24 hours with no response.

Either you made your point overwhelmingly...

...or he's STILL reading your post.
    There might also be availbility of access to the Internet. Or that this might not be the most significant occurance in my existance. Thank you.

No_Know
    Last edited by No_Know; 04-28-2008 at 09:15 AM. Reason: past to passed; I am more used to passed; though "past" might be understood to be more correct.

Quote Originally Posted by No_Know View Post
    To cjruakpt: Very good.

I did not understand this to be an exchange passed, that I ask for clarification, then you clarify. You did not care to have a discussion with the likes of me. With that you have responded and I acknowledge that you have done-so. Thank you for your time. And have a great day.

There might also be availbility of access to the Internet. Or that this might not be the most significant occurance in my existance. Thank you.

No_Know

We're just here to help. Let's begin with grammar and sentence structure.

Today's peeve: Don't end a sentence with a preposition.
    Quote:

Blog Entries
    Very good.

No_Know

Quote Originally Posted by No_Know View Post
    Very good.

No_Know

Let's see a subject and predicate.
    Quote:

Blog Entries
    masherdong what has gone on about your lower back pain?

Thanks Chris, I'll start check for those creds. in the PTs in my area.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

Cure to Lower Back Pain

I suppose most people whose main occupation is a desk job will have lower back pain after age 25. The major causes of such injury are over-use and poor posture. Yep, I have that too. And the causes are the same. Now I am over age 50. Over the years, I have tried various treatments to improve or cure the pain. Lately, the situation is not bad, but it is nowhere near a full recovery. I have been stretching my lower back daily for the last twelve months using different exercises. In the last seven days, I tried a new method after some research done.

Daily - one 30 seconds forward bend stretching; one 60 seconds inversion.

After 4 days, something like magic has happened. I found that the pain has gone down substantially as if it was not there any more. It is IMHO that inversion is the key treatment that makes a big difference. Probably, I will do it once per week as a health maintenance exercise.

KC
    Hong Kong
    Last edited by SteveLau; 09-17-2011 at 01:35 AM.

Back extension exercises (arch)

Holding a gymnasts bridge, and dry land swimming exercises are key. Lay on your stomach, lift your right qrm, and left leg so you feel the lumbar area and glutes engage.

Stretching forward, like where you touch your toes will stretch the muscles, but compress the spine because of the way it's hinged. To stretch the back muscles without compressing the spine, you have to lay on your back, lift one leg up, and (over time) pull it towards your shoulder. The other leg stays straight out on the ground.

You have to do one leg at a time, but it prevents the spinal compression that bending over and touching your toes causes.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    I started teaching a "Tao Yoga" class in my school. It is a self-created class made up of Dao-Yin, Eight Pieces of Brocade, and Yoga movements. Since I started teaching it, my lower back pain is gone, including my sciatica. Like mentioned by the other posters, there are several back bends, forward bends, and also side bends, and strengthening poses, such as during the Sun Salutation, when you take one leg back, you raise the body, stretching the hands overhead and hold the position, similar to a warrior pose/standing lunge.
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.