Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Lower Back Ache

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    By the sounds of it, this may be a case if you sucking.

Yep, seems like a simple case of not enough warm up and perhaps to much of a jump in weight.

And you suck.
    Nu uh

You do.
    It is better to have less thunder in the mouth and more lightning in the hand. - Apache Proverb

You both suck, arguement solved. I am the best at everything ever

I've done that a few times.

Once during an error in squatting with a warm up weight.

Once trying to snatch two 36 pound kettlebells for the first time.

Once when i was carrying a heavy box that started to get away from me and pulled me off balance and I still tried to recover while I was at a mechanically disadvantageous position.

And once when I was sitting in my chair at my desk and I turned to grab something that was behind me. Man, that was the worst cuz it was like I didn't even do anything, I just twisted! That one was the stiffest. I remember waking up in the morning laying on my back and being unable to move for a while, I had to go SO SLOWLY to even get out of bed.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    martin rooneys warm up stuff is the best i have seen, but if you want a free one youtube defrancos agile 8, quick easy and works
    Links to these?
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

I'm assuming he means the Parisi Warm Up Method. You can grab it from their website. Mine is on order.
    It is better to have less thunder in the mouth and more lightning in the hand. - Apache Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by JamesC View Post
    Was doing deadlift with light weight today. I just dropped the weight after a stall by 30lbs. The weight is nothing I haven't lifted easily before.

Rep number 3 of my last workset I felt the right lower back "pull", for lack of a better term.

Pain isn't severe, just annoying. Sucks bending over, but seems to be better if I keep it stretched.
    Muscle relaxers bro. I have a back (disk injury) that I deal with (I get a script of muscle relaxers to take as needed). When I get this sort of thing, I take a muscle relaxers for a few days in a row. Also, unless you think that there is something seriously wrong structurally, I would still do something that is kind of light. Finally, consider a weight belt for the heavier weights or those days when your back doesn't feel up to what you need to do.
    Last edited by HumbleWCGuy; 08-17-2012 at 03:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveLau View Post
    I suppose most people whose main occupation is a desk job will have lower back pain after age 25. The major causes of such injury are over-use and poor posture. Yep, I have that too. And the causes are the same. Now I am over age 50. Over the years, I have tried various treatments to improve or cure the pain. Lately, the situation is not bad, but it is nowhere near a full recovery. I have been stretching my lower back daily for the last twelve months using different exercises. In the last seven days, I tried a new method after some research done.

Daily - one 30 seconds forward bend stretching; one 60 seconds inversion.

After 4 days, something like magic has happened. I found that the pain has gone down substantially as if it was not there any more. It is IMHO that inversion is the key treatment that makes a big difference. Probably, I will do it once per week as a health maintenance exercise.

KC
    Hong Kong
    I had similar issue when I was playing ice hockey on a professional level. Injuries were all the time. The one thing which actually helped me a lot is hemp oil. Honestly speaking, using hemp oil for pain management and that is exactly what any professional/amateur sportsman needs!

Our latest sweepstakes. Enter to win!

Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    Is this still available right now?