Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Info ? on NHB

Info ? on NHB

Anyone have any info on NHB competition in the US?

thanks
    Robert James
    5th Gen. Bak Hsing Kwoon
    bakhsingkwoon@gmail.com
    http://www.youtube.com/user/SatoriScience
    "Whip the pole like the dragon whips its tail. Punches are like a tiger sticking out its head!"

Uh....can you be more specific?
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Fight venues listings I would think...
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    Uh....can you be more specific?
    how one goes about getting involved, are they tournament circuits specific events, contact/website info that I could read up on. any info you have for the clearly uniformed Canadian...
    Robert James
    5th Gen. Bak Hsing Kwoon
    bakhsingkwoon@gmail.com
    "Whip the pole like the dragon whips its tail. Punches are like a tiger sticking out its head!"

Quote Originally Posted by Satori Science View Post
    how one goes about getting involved, are they tournament circuits specific events, contact/website info that I could read up on. any info you have for the clearly uniformed Canadian...
    You find a promoter in your area and try to get on a show. Every event/State has different rules for amateur and pro fights. You need to be very specific about where you want to fight and what status you want (pro or am).

If you post a serious inquiry on MixedMartialArts.com, someone will get you a fight.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    You find a promoter in your area and try to get on a show. Every event/State has different rules for amateur and pro fights. You need to be very specific about where you want to fight and what status you want (pro or am).

If you post a serious inquiry on MixedMartialArts.com, someone will get you a fight.
    much appreciated,
    Robert James
    5th Gen. Bak Hsing Kwoon
    bakhsingkwoon@gmail.com

google:
    USKBA
    WKAUSA
    Global Combat Alliance
    "pain is not my enemy; it is my call to greatness. " - Henry Rollins

Baltimore San Shou

WWW.NLPF.NET

“The only undefeated fighters are those who do not compete.” – Coach Sonnon, MMA.tv

you will get more luck in seeking promotion in quebec or alberta. or in the usa.
    mma.tv as stated is a good place to start sniffing around if you're really interested.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

The only real "nhb" events left are vale tudo in brazil...
    otherwise i think "mma" would be a more appropriate term, considering the rules change from place to place concerning stuff like elbows, kicks to a downed opponent, strikes to the back, etc.

mma.tv is a good bet for fights in "canadia"
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.
    -Jack Dempsey ch1 pg1 Championship Fighting

Not to double post, but this wouldn't be a response to the brothers of the wudang's recent backlash as a result of the Iron Ring now would it?
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.

Quote Originally Posted by Pork Chop View Post
    Not to double post, but this wouldn't be a response to the brothers of the wudang's recent backlash as a result of the Iron Ring now would it?
    Yo bro, not sure what you mean? Am I gonna take fights because Novell Bell is angry @ BET?

Yeah I am serious about fighting, my Sihing has been training me for the last year to take a fight. But not for a while still, I had a set back in terms of injury recently.

thanks for the info,
    Last edited by Satori Science; 04-16-2008 at 12:23 PM.
    Robert James
    5th Gen. Bak Hsing Kwoon
    bakhsingkwoon@gmail.com

Ah... well a bunch of guys from mma.tv got pretty fracked off about maoshan's comments towards mma on youtube and the BET forum; so basically a few pro-fighters volunteered to show him what unskilled, "Toughman" fighters they really were. He gave out BT's address first as a location to find him and then finally gave the name of the park where he works out at.

Doubt it'll go down, because the park is a shady locale to go meet - common consensus is that he'll pull a knife & claim he was "jumped".

Props to you if you get up and compete. I'd definitely love to watch.

Ben will pull a knife? I must have miss understood.
    What will happen is those guys will get their heads smashed in if they're stupid enough to show up and challenge Novell or Ben. Just my opinion....

In any event thanks for the support, I'll be in NYC all summer training for the ring. Hope to be ready some time next year, I still have a lot of work to do getting my stamina and power up.
    Robert James
    5th Gen. Bak Hsing Kwoon
    bakhsingkwoon@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Satori Science View Post
    Ben will pull a knife? I must have miss understood.
    What will happen is those guys will get their heads smashed in if they're stupid enough to show up and challenge Novell or Ben. Just my opinion....
    I guess we'll have to agree to disagree that a 170lb pro-fighter, who trains fulltime, and has UFC experience will get smashed by either of those guys; especially not after their vids addressing "maa" and that sad excuse for a wrestling takedown.

And yeah, you probably need to see some of the mess maoshan's talking to see where they'd get the idea.

How you gonna go on a tv show about pro-mma fighters, be put in charge of coaching them, and then have your boy/rep start talking trash against mma?

Of course this is the same show that has such a great track record with:
    -promising a guy a spot on the show if he beat their fighter, only to get booted off the show anyway after he thoroughly dismantled the guy
    -having someone on Dipset (novell's team) screaming "send him back to japan" in regards to an asian fighter that was fighting for a spot on the team
    -having the ref break up a sunk in submission by said asian guy, allowing the other fighter to regain composure, and then stopping the fight once the other fighter lands a few ground n pound shots

I have a lot of respect for bt and maoshan but they're really hurting their credibility lately - and not because of how the show is portraying them. Just my $.02