Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Info ? on NHB

we've always gotten along well, I'm sure we can agree to disagree

in any event, I'll check the thread you spoke of and see whats up.

Thanks,
    Robert James
    5th Gen. Bak Hsing Kwoon
    bakhsingkwoon@gmail.com
    http://www.youtube.com/user/SatoriScience
    "Whip the pole like the dragon whips its tail. Punches are like a tiger sticking out its head!"

In the meantime I hope things get better with your injury.
    I look forward to checking you out in competition; major respect to having the guts to get in there.
    Chris Cape (a TCMA guy who ktfod me in 2003) and a few other traditional guys have been doing well in mma as well.
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.
    -Jack Dempsey ch1 pg1 Championship Fighting

Rob,

I'd say to try and get as many low-key grappling and striking only events under your belt before you do MMA. Obviously San Da is a great place to do part of that equation. The Tiger Balms and Can Ams both offer submission wrestling which would be an ideal grappling format to compete in.
    Also the Pankration, not full MMA, but a great way to mix the skills in a relatively controlled environment.
    Whenever you decide to though, I'll be in your camp giving you hell as best as I can to make sure you whoop that a ss!
    A unique snowflake

Thanks man,

its a ways off in any event. Not until 09(@ least), the originally question was just so i could start studying up on the way the NHB stuff works, the ware, why, who etc..

wasn't trying to announce anything,

One.
    Last edited by Satori Science; 04-16-2008 at 03:47 PM.
    Robert James
    5th Gen. Bak Hsing Kwoon
    bakhsingkwoon@gmail.com
    "Whip the pole like the dragon whips its tail. Punches are like a tiger sticking out its head!"

Quote Originally Posted by Satori Science View Post
    Thanks man,

its a ways off in any event. Not until 09(@ least), the originally question was just so i could start studying up on the way the NHB stuff works, the ware, why, who etc..

wasn't trying to announce anything,

One.
    Just a personal question if you don't mind me asking. You said you have been training for taking a fight. How are you training? sparring? conditioning? cardio? any wrestling? who are you sparring? how are you sparring? how often do you train? ect.. any of all of them will do. If you mind, then I guess ignore me. LOL

Good luck if you really do fight. I would suggest doing a MT even first. JMO

Ofcourse please record and post anything you do.

Quote Originally Posted by monji112000 View Post
    Ofcourse please tap and post anything you do.
    was that intentional or a slip?
    don't you know? tapping's for sissies

dangit, you edited it, not as funny now lol
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.
    -Jack Dempsey ch1 pg1 Championship Fighting

Quote Originally Posted by Pork Chop View Post
    was that intentional or a slip?
    don't you know? tapping's for sissies

dangit, you edited it, not as funny now lol
    its late. I'm tired. No I didn't tap today. I made few other people tap.

Just a personal question if you don't mind me asking. You said you have been training for taking a fight. How are you training? sparring? conditioning? cardio? any wrestling? who are you sparring? how are you sparring? how often do you train? ect.. any of all of them will do. If you mind, then I guess ignore me. LOL

Good luck if you really do fight. I would suggest doing a MT even first. JMO

Ofcourse please record and post anything you do.
    While I appreciate the interest I'm not at the point yet ware I want to share. Needless to say, while i understand that athletically one must be on par with other fighters ie cardiovascular condition/ground fighting etc... I am taking much more of a traditional approach than most would. for example I don't use weight training, I do traditional "attainment training" iron palm, da sam sing, yi gun gin & am working my horse stance up to 30 minutes a day, I am 20min right now.

When I said Sihing has been training me I meant he had been greatly deepening my understanding of Bak Hsing for fighting.

thanks guys,
    Last edited by Satori Science; 04-17-2008 at 04:24 AM.
    Robert James
    5th Gen. Bak Hsing Kwoon
    bakhsingkwoon@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Satori Science View Post
    While I appreciate the interest I'm not at the point yet ware I want to share. Needless to say, while i understand that athletically one must be on par with other fighters ie cardiovascular condition/ground fighting etc... I am taking much more of a traditional approach than most would. for example I don't use weight training, I do traditional "attainment training" iron palm, da sam sing, yi gun gin & am working my horse stance up to 30 minutes a day, I am 20min right now.

When I said Sihing has been training me I meant he had been greatly deepening my understanding of Bak Hsing for fighting.

thanks guys,
    so your not actually training for fighting, but learning. Ok thats cool.

learning to use the style more effectively & training for the required power to use said understanding. Technical understanding means little without the gung to back it up.

Yut Dam, Yee Lek, Sam Gung Fu,
    thats my take on it,
    Robert James
    5th Gen. Bak Hsing Kwoon
    bakhsingkwoon@gmail.com

Sounds like trouble...

Quote Originally Posted by Lama Pai Sifu View Post
    Sounds like trouble...
    Not sure I understood you,
    Robert James
    5th Gen. Bak Hsing Kwoon
    bakhsingkwoon@gmail.com