Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Htowndragon arrested

Well that's good news.

If you legally carry a gun you have to always make sure you don't make any mistakes. We had one guy who had a permit to carry concealed but when he went into a store someone called the cops that a gunman was in the place. Even after the cops checked his permit they still gave him a lot of trouble before he was released.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

Hey Htown, did I meet you at TJL?

Were you the Shuai Jiao guy? Friends with Trey? Or am I mistaken?

And do you have a Concealed Carry?

Best of luck with all of this, too.
    Mark

no i dont have a concealed carry, i wasnt concealed carrying. i was transporting

trey? sounds familiar. ba gua guy? i was at taiji legacy, i fought in san shou.

Bull****, bro.

Didn't they arrest you in your house?

You don't need a CCW if it's in your house.

Bull****. I hope you get off. And I hope this isn't used against you in the future.

they arrested me at a restaurant when i was eating buffalo wings.

and i didnt have any weapon on me. i led the cops to my apartment where the gun was

Just another excuse to perpetuate the gun hysteria. If he saved someone with it we never would have heard anything.
    When seconds count the cops are only minutes away!

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    Sorry, sometimes I forget you guys have that special secret internal sauce where people throw themselves and you don't have to do anything except collect tuition.

Quote Originally Posted by rogue View Post
    Well that's good news.

If you legally carry a gun you have to always make sure you don't make any mistakes. We had one guy who had a permit to carry concealed but when he went into a store someone called the cops that a gunman was in the place. Even after the cops checked his permit they still gave him a lot of trouble before he was released.
    I asked a LEO about my CCW one time & ramifications of being questioned about it, if it ever came up.

He said it boils down to "my attitude, the LEO's attitude & if ultimately, the judge's". This was all within the confines of the CCW structure, not something blantently not fitting with the CCW structure.
    Message: Due to the ongoing Recession, God has decided the light at the end of the tunnel will be shut off due to power costs. That is all.

did they let you finish your wings?

Funny but it seems like a kid involved in martial arts (especially a sport-oriented one, as is obvious on htowndragon's myspace site with him geared up) would be the least likely to pose a threat of a school shooting.

But the media's not going to see it like that. They will equate martial arts with violence.

The kids who have perpetrated these crimes in the past would have probably been best served by getting involved in martial arts. They would have got to express some frustration, gained some confidence and learned how easy it is to really hurt someone.

Also, I don't see a problem with bringing a gun to school. With the rash of school shootings, people should be able to protect themselves.

Unfortunately, guns is kind of an all or none thing. You've either got to let alot of people have them or strictly control it...its hard to go in between. If you create large pockets of unarmed people, like in a school, then you create an easy target for whack jobs.

If the whack jobs thought they would get taken out before they ever fired a shot then the temptation wouldn't be there.

(BTW, everything in this post is completely my opinion. So don't ask me to back any of it up with any factual evidence.)

EO

Quote Originally Posted by sean_stonehart View Post
    I asked a LEO about my CCW one time & ramifications of being questioned about it, if it ever came up.

He said it boils down to "my attitude, the LEO's attitude & if ultimately, the judge's". This was all within the confines of the CCW structure, not something blantently not fitting with the CCW structure.
    One thing that may shock you is that many LEOs are not up on their CCW laws so as a permit holder you have to be.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Glad to hear from you, htowndragon

We all understand about legal issues and discussing your case here, so please don't feel obligated to disclose anything until all is settled. We'll still be here and we're a patient bunch. You have to be patient to study kung fu. This thread will be here. Stay in touch because obviously we are all concerned about you.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

They posted more on News8Austin. This sentence caught my eye. I noticed they put the word FOR in there:

"The University of Texas student caught for carrying a gun on campus was released from jail over the weekend."

Good luck with this, it is starting to look like another APD fiasco.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

That sucks.

I mean, you're from Houston. We all have guns! Legally.

It's like getting into trouble for having your car keys.

Sounds like an instance of absentmindedness meeting very bad timing.

WDP

Even if you can legally own and carry a handgun that doesn't mean you can carry it everywhere. For example in Texas...

It is unlawful for a handgun license holder to carry a handgun on the premises of: a government court; a business that derives 51 percent or more of its income from the sale of alcohol for on-premises consumption; a school or educational institution, high school, collegiate, or professional sporting event or interscholastic event that is taking place; a hospital or nursing home; an amusement park; a place of religious worship; a polling place on the day of an election; a meeting of a governing body; a race track; a secured area of an airport; a correctional facility; a correctional facility or within 1000 feet of such, on the day of an execution; the property of another after receiving notice that concealed handguns are forbidden on that property. It is unlawful to possess a firearm in a penal institution.
    http://www.nraila.org/statelawpdfs/TXSL.pdf

For other state's gun laws just click your state

One of the biggest pains with carrying a concealed handgun is knowing where you can't carry.
    Last edited by rogue; 04-22-2008 at 03:53 PM.

DM