Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SHAOLIN training in China

SHAOLIN training in China

Just wondering if anyone has trained in any Shaolin Schools in China. Can you recommend any good schools?
    Last edited by jklaic; 04-16-2008 at 03:31 AM. Reason: more accurate

There is only one temple.

and people dont train in temples, they train in martial arts schools.

yes i know their is only one TRUE temple, but their are many temples which offer training in Shaolin Kung fu.
    It's like anything- their was originally just one shop or restaurant, which has now grown into a chain.

thats a really funny way to look at shaolin, like a restaurant chain.

can you name such temples? if so, you're doing better at recommending them yourself.

i have researched a few, but was just wondering if anyone has actually been that knows if the quality of training is any good.

i wasnt aware than any of them offered training in shaolin gongfu. if you are interested in training in china you're better off finding a good school and going there. otherwise you'll be spending crazy money just to be in a "temple", and you'll likely not learn anything authentic.

well, now that you've changed the first post. yes, i've trained in shaolin schools in china. the two top masters i'd recommend are of course master shi decheng and master shi deyang.

Wildwoo is offline 苦練在最熱的天,夏季和冬季最寒冷的日子 !
    Quote Originally Posted by LFJ View Post
    well, now that you've changed the first post. yes, i've trained in shaolin schools in china. the two top masters i'd recommend are of course master shi decheng and master shi deyang.
    Wouldn't it have been nice if you had actually answered his question instead of the contentious arrogance you displayed in your first two posts?

I see Shaolin's doctrines are alive and well in you.

Quote Originally Posted by jklaic View Post
    Just wondering if anyone has trained in any Shaolin Schools in China. Can you recommend any good schools?
    You'd do well to look for a good traditional master here in the USA rather than spend your money on a trip to Chinese Disneyland. If you gotta go China try Wudang in Hubei.
    You have at least a couple more years before they go "Shaolin". Plus they got hair!

schools

iv trained in shaolin (dengfeng) for a year. im now living in shanghai but still keep in contact with many people from shaolin. i trained at epo wushu college and the reason i chose that school was because they really train you hard. most schools in dengfeng wont hit you or make you get up in the morning just incase you leave. but with epo they train you harder than the chinese students and epo is the only school that teaches shuijio (chinese wrestling)

if your going for sanda i would go to tagou, if your going for wushu i would go to epo, if your going for traditional kung fu i would go to fa wan/wang temple on the song mountain witch master shi deyang teaches at. or the many small school that are scattered around the area.

i asked the same question on this forum when i was 14 years old. instead of helpful advice i was met with hostility and arrogance. if you have any questions about schools or getting there send me a message. i have many friends in many different school that will be able to show you around.

good luck on your path to shaolin.
    its not the destination that is important it is the journey getting there

wudang

p.s i also got friends in wudang that can help you

lfj

did you know that master shi deyang has his own school in fa wan/wang temple??? just out of curiosity what school did you train at?

Great post man! I can see you really trained at Shaolin under an enlightened Master and you understand Wu Di.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by UK MONK View Post
    iv trained in shaolin (dengfeng) for a year. im now living in shanghai but still keep in contact with many people from shaolin. i trained at epo wushu college and the reason i chose that school was because they really train you hard. most schools in dengfeng wont hit you or make you get up in the morning just incase you leave. but with epo they train you harder than the chinese students and epo is the only school that teaches shuijio (chinese wrestling)

if your going for sanda i would go to tagou, if your going for wushu i would go to epo, if your going for traditional kung fu i would go to fa wan/wang temple on the song mountain witch master shi deyang teaches at. or the many small school that are scattered around the area.

i asked the same question on this forum when i was 14 years old. instead of helpful advice i was met with hostility and arrogance. if you have any questions about schools or getting there send me a message. i have many friends in many different school that will be able to show you around.

good luck on your path to shaolin.

Also, check on the current problems with getting visas before making plans... training in China might not be practical for awhile.