Cool handle, dude

I understand where you are coming from. Regarding the terms, there might have been a confussion on my part.

Cross Training seems to have 2 layers of meaning for many people. Perhaps, it would be clearer to said that Bruce Lee bring the atheleticism in, or back in, the martial arts into the lime light (pun intended). May be I have misused the term. I am aware of the "forum" function of Shaolin temple and I have always believed that masters were and are very open minded on exchange info to better themselves and in turn better their arts.

The comparsion drawn here was that while most Shaolin masters exchanged ideas and made adjustments to their own style, the respect for the style and effort to maintain integrity of a style were genuine. I see it as honoring the arts as both intellectual and empirial a body of knowledge accumulated through out the ages. In Bruce case, however, it's more a "I challenge; therefore, I exsist." attutide. It is my way or the highway. It would seem in his actions (slighting of styles - a publice facade perhaps?) , he was more interested in his cosmos truth than what he insisted on attaining universal truth. I think that articulate the linear mindset of Mixed Martial Arts. Nothing wrong with that although it is limiting to me. I am sure many would argue it's just the opposite. May be in his private moments, he might have felt that Shaolin traditions are valid. Who can really tell about him? Remeber the ultimate trick of the devil is that he convinces everybody that he never exsisted.

Mantis108

Contraria Sunt Complementa