Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Summer Challenge 2008

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    How do you guys find that time for all that?
    It's an hour a day. Maybe 2. How can you not find the time for it?
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    It's an hour a day. Maybe 2. How can you not find the time for it?
    LOL !
    Own business, married, 2 kids...time ??? what is that ?
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

LOL !
    Own business, married, 2 kids...time ??? what is that ?

make the trade somewhere.

get rid of a couple of tv watching slots. or, have your kids join you for a session of their own? I dunno, I do know that if there is time to be found, you can make the time.

I always found that about stuff like kungfu or exercise in general that I always had to find and make the time to do it and that I always gave up something else.

most of the time is was surf time or tv time or other stuff that didn't amount to much in the way of developing Dave as a person.

getting your kids active would only be a good thing as you know. Mommy may have to help out here if Daddy wants an effective work out though.

kids are in need of so much attention after all.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

make the trade somewhere.

get rid of a couple of tv watching slots. or, have your kids join you for a session of their own? I dunno, I do know that if there is time to be found, you can make the time.

I always found that about stuff like kungfu or exercise in general that I always had to find and make the time to do it and that I always gave up something else.

most of the time is was surf time or tv time or other stuff that didn't amount to much in the way of developing Dave as a person.

getting your kids active would only be a good thing as you know. Mommy may have to help out here if Daddy wants an effective work out though.

kids are in need of so much attention after all.
    TV ???
    BBWWAAAHHH !!!!
    What's that ?
    LOL !

Seriously, I wake up every morning at 5 to do an hour workout ( ok, more like 45 min) and When I get home or go to the gym, I put in another 60-90 everyday, you think I have time to ADD another hour???

Dude !!!

TV ???
    BBWWAAAHHH !!!!
    What's that ?
    LOL !

Seriously, I wake up every morning at 5 to do an hour workout ( ok, more like 45 min) and When I get home or go to the gym, I put in another 60-90 everyday, you think I have time to ADD another hour???

Dude !!!
    didn't say that.

If in context you are thinking of doing p90x, it is only 90 days and you can replace one of the current routines you are doing with it. That's what I did. Just put the kungfu on the passenger side for a bit, use it now and then, but focus on the 90 day trip to a better physique overall.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

didn't say that.

If in context you are thinking of doing p90x, it is only 90 days and you can replace one of the current routines you are doing with it. That's what I did. Just put the kungfu on the passenger side for a bit, use it now and then, but focus on the 90 day trip to a better physique overall.
    Blasphemy !!!

Ninjas have been sent to shrink your underwear 3 sizes !!

I've been doing sil lum kungfu almost every day for almost 15 years years now both in formal training/learning and in my own space. Prior to that it was tkd, boxing, wrestling, fencing and isshin karate.

I think I can shelve it for 90 days and try out some new stuff. :-)

i've looked at tons of other material and tried quite a few things over the years.

most stuff was no where near as comprehensive in the method, system or materials offered.
    I gotta stop talking about this, I feel like a freakin shoe salesman now. lol

anyway, try it! It's good! and that's all i am goin to say about it from now on.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

switched to body building style regimin and started doing 30 second sprints with satan this week.

my first taste of higher reps in about 8 months ... just a few weeks after squatting 350, i loaded up 235 on the bar and figured id bust out 3 sets of 8 with some effort, but no real problem. i barely made 3 sets of 5 and couldnt walk for days. i dont get it as sheiko had me doing tons of tripples with 275 and up, but im getting the hang of the higher reps. last workout i squatted 210 for 3 sets of 8 with about 60 seconds in between sets and it wasn't easy, but it wasn't failure. the sprints are killing my legs, but ill get used to it.

diet has been cleaned up ... even cheat meals are fairly clean and homemade. no beer for 4 weeks

was only able to train once while on vacation last week, but i learned that machines can be brutal if you check your ego at the door and really focus on the contraction.

finally started logging workouts and food ... will try to eventually get the training log up on the site.
    where's my beer?

It is June...3 weeks left for the challenge! How is everyone doing? I have to admit I thought it would get easier as summer got closer, but there are so many more challenges with bbq's, friends, and time. Hang in.

lol. still going great, although drinking water while everybody gets soused is a bit of a drag. lol

it is now a hobby of mine to watch people go from sober to drunk and to time them as they do so. Most take about 3-4 hours to get a bit glazed.

there's probably some value in that data. even though i am the sole member of the control "group"
    Kung Fu is good for you.

lol. still going great, although drinking water while everybody gets soused is a bit of a drag. lol

it is now a hobby of mine to watch people go from sober to drunk and to time them as they do so. Most take about 3-4 hours to get a bit glazed.

there's probably some value in that data. even though i am the sole member of the control "group"
    If you timed me it would be more like 30-45 minutes! LOL

Less than 2 weeks left!!!

Wow, we are in that last week. Final push, lovin' it!

My kung fu has become so powerful that if I even warm up, my OWN head will explode!

my 90 day cycle isn't finished until july 17.

I'm in week 9 with 4 weeks and 5 days to go.

After doing my homework and arduous research, I have started a cycle of creatine for the last 4 weeks just to add a little extra muscle where i can so i am lowering my reps and upping my weight.

I used to be against the supplement creatine until i did a crap load of readong about it.

anyway, in the end and in my opinion, for the most part, it is fine.
    Kung Fu is good for you.