Thread: UFC.....now it's mainstream!

UFC.....now it's mainstream!

With the addition of Burger King as a sponsor for this season's TUF.

...it's official...
    Sapere aude, Justin.

The map is not the Terrain.

"Wheather you believe you can, or you believe you can't...You're right." - Henry Ford

So having a cable show and every stupid college kid watching it on the weekend didn't make it mainstream before?
    Bless you

Burger King?
    Strangely appropriate somehow.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

having a reality show on a cable channel most people have isn't mainstream?
    affliction and tapout being sold in dillards and jcpennys wasn't mainstream?
    sprawl shorts available in spencer's gifts isn't mainstream?
    rival promotions getting deals to be broadcast on CBS and ESPN isn't mainstream?
    teenie bopper movies about "never backing down" isn't mainstream?
    mma's blown up and is still going...
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.
    -Jack Dempsey ch1 pg1 Championship Fighting

yeah mma is pretty much everywhere these days. i am curious to see if it implodes in the next year or two. i am not saying it will but i remember in college business classes when we studied nike and they were saying that nike sales actually suffered due to over saturation of their products, over promotion and over popularity in the 90s. that their products were so ubiquitous that the consumer base actually got tired of them. i think i recall my prof saying it was the first time he had ever heard of a company promoting themselves out of popularity. sales picked up again after nike scaled back its marketing campaign. anyway, the point is that it seems that mma companies and the ufc are getting so commonplace that i wonder if their growth continues the way it has been if they will fall out of popularity.

Quote Originally Posted by Pork Chop View Post
    sprawl shorts available in spencer's gifts isn't mainstream?...
    Sprawl shorts in Spencers?!? OMG, I'm afraid to ask.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it

See and here I can't even find a pair of MMA gloves that I like...
    "I don't know if anyone is known with the art of "sitting on your couch" here, but in my eyes it is also to be a martial art.

It is the art of avoiding dangerous situations. It helps you to avoid a dangerous situation by not actually being there. So lets say there is a dangerous situation going on somewhere other than your couch. You are safely seated on your couch so you have in a nutshell "difused" the situation."

Quote Originally Posted by Vankuen View Post
    See and here I can't even find a pair of MMA gloves that I like...
    Those should be availible at target next week....
    Sapere aude, Justin.

The map is not the Terrain.

"Wheather you believe you can, or you believe you can't...You're right." - Henry Ford

but even if they are available at target remember the golden rule. shop smart, shop www.martialartsmart.com

Quote Originally Posted by BruceSteveRoy View Post
    yeah mma is pretty much everywhere these days. i am curious to see if it implodes in the next year or two. i am not saying it will but i remember in college business classes when we studied nike and they were saying that nike sales actually suffered due to over saturation of their products, over promotion and over popularity in the 90s. that their products were so ubiquitous that the consumer base actually got tired of them. i think i recall my prof saying it was the first time he had ever heard of a company promoting themselves out of popularity. sales picked up again after nike scaled back its marketing campaign. anyway, the point is that it seems that mma companies and the ufc are getting so commonplace that i wonder if their growth continues the way it has been if they will fall out of popularity.
    I don't really think so...

MMA capitalizes on the same grit and testosterone that made the gladiator such a celebrated figure in history.

You've seen the coliseum, right?