Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Twc From Serbia

It is something we call "exchange " step and we use that kind of stepping in some specific situations .It is not from knifes form , not from our form anyway .Striking depends of the situation at particular moment , we choose the way of attack wich will bring best possible reslult at that time

Quote Originally Posted by bennyvt View Post
    ....Also you seem to show putting your hand under and striking below your lead arm. Do you feel this is better then striking above your lead arm. He seems to say something about it like it being in biu jee but different language so not sure.
    That's called a Cheun Sao - Threading hand.
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    Traditional Wing Chun Academy NYC/L.A.
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

Quote Originally Posted by bennyvt View Post
    dont think I have ever seen a VT guy step by putting their lead leg crossed behind the back leg. Is that just a major extension of the step in the knives.
    You have yet to see Lee Shing Wing Chun then?

I learnt this step along with the kneeling and single leg work we practise on the wooden man. It's also in our pole form, and 'hidden' in the 108 fme.

You must get out more!
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

dont think I have ever seen a VT guy step by putting their lead leg crossed behind the back leg. Is that just a major extension of the step in the knives. Also you seem to show putting your hand under and striking below your lead arm. Do you feel this is better then striking above your lead arm. He seems to say something about it like it being in biu jee but different language so not sure.
    I haven't watched all the vids (who has the time?) but this sounds like pretty mainstream TWC. You move the back foot behind the front to change the side of your front stance. It's in the dummy form. we precede it with a side step and call that a T step, which is in CK and the dummy. The tsuen sao or threading arm is used to transfer the bridge from one arm to the other, and is in CK, BJ, and the dummy movements in TWC. Equivalent movements are performed with the knives.

The Exchange step posture is in the pole form as well but the step itself isn't used because you don't change sides with the pole in the form.

Quite a few people could benefit from getting out more, especially if they hope to be followed on Facebook and Twitter.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

the threading hand bit. I thought you only went under your own arm when you have to hence it being in biu jee. He seemed to have no reason to go under but as I said I couldn't tell what he was saying so it could be fine.I knew the step where you turn 90 degrees ( it was explained to me to get right out of the way of the pole). It just seemed his back leg was really close to his front and from the angle if the guy kept coming looks like ho could be knocked over. But Id have to give it a try before i said yah or nah.
    Not having a go just asking about the use or interpretation of the moves.
    Oh I dont do twitter and only have my actual friends on facebook.

Oh I dont do twitter and only have my actual friends on facebook.
    Benny, that wasn't directed at you, I was teasing Spencer.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

Chief Instructors of Traditional Wing Chun Kung Fu Federation of Serbia(TWCKFFS) , Mikic Dejan and Radojokovic Dusan were invited by the Embassy of China in Belgrade to participate a special six month training & education course in traditional matrial arts in China under the full sponsorshep of Chinese embasy in Belgrade. Also , they have obligation to choose one instructor from TWCKFFS who will travel with them and represent the organisation. After consutation and testing Federation choosed Veroljub Milanivioic from Krusevac .
    TWCKFFS for more the 30 years have exelent cooperation and support from Chinese embassy in Belgrade in a mutual effort of promting and spreading chinese traditional martial arts , culture and philosophy .This invitation is a great honer for TWCKFFS and brings cooperation and mutual efforts of promoting chinese culture and martial arts betvine Chinese officials in Belgrade and TWCKFFS on a higher level .

Rare interview of master David Cheung.

David Cheung trained under the Legendary Wong Shun Leung. He later helped teach in Wong Shuns' school for 6 years. After moving to Australia he taught at William Cheungs' School and later founded his own School.

In 1988 he was the first to promote the the Traditional Wing Chun system in Yugoslavia, from there the students that participated in the demonstrations continued to practice what they learned from him.

In 2008 David officially became associated with the Serbian Wing Chun Kung Fu Federation.

Introduction: Ak : Hello GM david Cheung, how do u dow? Thank you for giving me this interview.

DC : Im fine thanks.

Ak: When did you start wing chun?

DC : I started Wing Chun when I was 14, 1969, for 5 years. by that time , I did not even know any of my brother were doing WC at all. I had visited a lot of martial arts schools before I join WC, in those days, the most popular styles are Shao Lin , Hung gar , karate , judo , ju-jutse , chau gar praying-mantis, white eye-blow ,dragon style and the most renounced style was choi lee fut etc.

I had walked in the training hall of Wong Shun Leung kuen, I saw this fat fellow teaching and he had demonstrated a couple techniques in chi sao and that had actually caught my eyes , I did not see much but by hearing the slapping sound on the other guy`s face , I was impressed.

Ak : You had the chance to study with GM Cheung and Wong Shun Leung, so you know the two systems, what are the advantages and disadvantages of these systems?

DC : I had gone though both systems, actually there is quiet a bit of differents, Wong`s system follows the way that Yip Man tought every one by starting with chi-sao, until the student had profected the technique , then he is allowed to move on. Cheung`s system is to teach a lot of techniques all the way, ----one day , the students might pick up some or all of it.Wong havenot got much foot-works, hasnot got much broking of kicks, has not got much high kicks, sticking with a lot closer range. Cheung had got most of the mansioned about, it might require a lot more fitness to perform.
    The advantage of Wong`s system is to make clear that ' the best defence is to attack`---so in those days we always say `no mater what , I hit you first, ha ha ha. Cheung`s system is emfessized on keep save when you move in and get out , but for my opinion is if I had already got in, I would not expect to get out until the other person is down.

Ak : That represents for you Chi Sao? and your idea of Wing Chun today?

DC : Chi Sao ----had been explaned by a lot of WC or VT followers, I have to add one line, which is , chi sao is a form of practice fo one to understand what to do and what not to do according to the knowledge of understanding of the WC or VT skills. This might lead to the `fashionable WC or VT system, they should know what to do , so be able to wear the name of WC or VT worrier, So------ what not to do is more important. We do not have to copy or employ any technique from Ju-jutsu or wrestleings . I still say that Ng Mui or YIM Wing Chun did never need that , and it had been proved that nobody can J-J or wrestle them down on the floor.I believe that they both had practice WC or VT chi-sao, getting all the answer from it. My view is that , they may be practicing WC or VT, but not Ng Mui WC or VT, not Yim Wing Chun WC or VT.or even Yip Man WC or VT.

Ak : U are a master of Traditional Wing Chun, modified Wing Chun and Chi cong. What is the benefits of chi cong you teach?

DC : Qi Gong (Chi Kung) is an ancient method to regulate the `chemicals` in our body to improve our health and prevent sicknesses. FOR---all the health problem is caused by the `disordered ratios of Chemicals generated inside the human body`. These chemical discharge changes accordingly by the internal and external influences. Knowing how to monitor this , we can promote our health to a ultermost stages. I would always apply some `detox` method first and then with the `induce emergy` method to help my followers, because if you do not clear the toxin from your body first , or in another ward, you only induce energy in you body, it will mix with the toxin in your body, then it will create more problem.---by the way, we should know what harm would be done by the toxin in the body.

Ak : How can follow your teaching today? Will you organize further seminars in Europe?

DC : I am starting my first public teaching in Queensland , Australia. I will post some of the lesson in my cite, wing chun jung si david cheung. stay tune. I think I will still visit Europe for seminars in the future, depense on my supporters.

Ak : Thank u Master.

DC : Thanks.

Direct linéage of Yip man disciple, Wong shun leung and the Cheung familly ,
    David is going to teach lessons in Brisbane Australia
    from the 12th of June, every Sunday 5:30-7:00pm
    60 Stamford Road, Indooroopilly. (Indooroopilly Senior Citizens Hall).
    $15 per lesson. phone--0425285048 , international call--61425285048

Interview by Alexandre Aco Kolarski (Professor of Wing Chun)