Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Argument over Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon?

Koontzy Guest

Argument over Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon?

My friends thinks that all the Kug Fu or MMA is real in that movie? is this true? he swears it is...if so what styles are being used....I also heard that the Matrix was fake or Movie Kung Fu???

Thanks

-Koontzy

Matt-le-kat Guest
    I don't know about crouching tiger, but i know that keanu reeves and lawrence fish boy aren't kung fu stylists. A famous choreographer made up the scenes.
    No kung fu in a movie is 'real'.

Nothing is to be feared, only understood....

Matt-le-kat Guest
    I don't know about crouching tiger, but i know that keanu reeves and lawrence fish boy aren't kung fu stylists. A famous choreographer made up the scenes.
    No kung fu in a movie is real. It's all scripted and performed by guys hanging off wires.

Nothing is to be feared, only understood....

Brad Guest
    Uhm...they were flying :D There were a few real movements a could pick out(saw a couple Taiji moves), but of course everything was highly exagerated using wires. And none of the actors (except maybe Michele Yoeh) had any formal MA training other that for the movie.

Brad Guest
    Matt-le-kat is right. All kungfu in movies are scripted and coreographed in a way too make the actors skill look super heroic.

Crimson Phoenix Guest
    Bagua was used in the fight against Jade Fox (with the typical deer hook swords).
    I also noticed some moves akin to Wudang swordplay...but don't be mistaken, it's in majority just choreography with a gong fu flavor.
    I have to disagree though, some movies show real gong fu: movies made by Lau Kar Leung (Liu Cha Liang) are typically representative of the martial virtues (Wude) and contain genuine gong fu: Lau's father was a disciple of Wong Fei Hung and a brother-in-arms of Lam Sai Wing, and his mother was also famous for her Wing Chun...
    Lau is the real thing!
    Phoenix

Ryu Guest
    :eek:
    Oh God!!!!!

LOL, here it comes all over again!
    ;) The actors used lots of strings, etc. to help them jump around, flip, and kick 5 times in the air without coming down. It's choreography. I'm sure they have some skill, but if you look at the making of a film you see quickly that the fights are basically just "dances" on screen.
    MMA???????????????? Where was there MMA in that movie?? :D (ps. if anyone says Lo's ****y attempts at ground fighting were MMA I'm personally going to go to Lo's house and pants him in front of everyone.)

;)

(it's early and I haven't had my coffee yet)

Ryu

judo legend, Masahiko Kimura

atsai Guest

Crouching what and Matrix who?

Is this some really lame troll or something? LOL :D
    Ryu,
    I've been practicing "Mo Fu" for a while now. Are you telling me that I will never achieve the level of jumping 20 feet in the air and execute 25 kicks before landing?? CRAP, I thought those movies are kung fu instructional tapes...!!! eeeeek... :D

<form><INPUT TYPE="button" VALUE=" Art T " onClick="parent.location='mailto:arttsai@mediaone. net?subject=from kfo...'"><HR Width="97%">"You fight like you train." --Motto, USN Fighter Weapon School(TOPGUN)

<TABLE BORDER="3" CELLSPACING="1" CELLPADDING="1"><tr><TD> goto KF forum </td><td> goto forums lobby </td></tr></table></form>

Ralek Guest
    There is an issue of black belt magazine that has Steven Segal on the cover. Inside the magazine is an article for this movie you are talking about. The author talks about how there are some actual kung fu moves done. The author even says that people can jump really high in real life just like in the movie. He says that there are people who do leg exercises who can jump over buildings with few quick motions. I don't believe it but that's what the author said.

Koontzy Guest
    Jump over buildings???lego buildings right :) I dont believe that...i have seen people that can jump and get 3 kicks off before landing though

Thx

-Koontzy

Design Sifu Guest
    I read a book about some guy who could jump over buildings in a single bound!!!

Radhnoti Guest
    Let me guess D.S. he was wearing blue tights with a big S on his chest? I've seen that guy too!
    Anybody know the style that guy practiced? I'd like to sign up!

-Radhnoti

Kiasyd Guest
    If you have to wear that blue red suit, it does not worth it... It's too ridiculous. :D

-- Kiasyd

Son_Goku Guest
    "I don't know about crouching tiger, but i know that keanu reeves and lawrence fish boy aren't kung fu stylists. A famous choreographer made up the scenes.
    No kung fu in a movie is 'real'."

The two of them trained for nearly a year-and-a-half to learn those moves; they now know kung-fu and some tkd.

Fear.....Fear attracts the fearful.....The strong....the weak....the innocent....
    Fear is my ally

edziak Guest
    At first I thought the running up walls was all fabricated untill Sombody posted a link to a shaolin site. Sure enough it had pictures of monks running up walls like they did in Crouching Tiger. They got pretty high form the looks of it.