ftw

the man is unstoppable at the moment.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

83 (spoiler)

GSP+Submission skeelz = Serra Pwned hard

good job George!
    Kung Fu is good for you.

hellz yeah!

I was talking so much **** on Serra, too. But after he carried GSP around the ring, I have tons of respect for Serra now, as well.

WAR GSP!
    Mark

At this point, GSP is mixing his MA perfectly.
    He is striking like a striker and grappling like a grappler.
    Nice work.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

tapping from knees to the ribs is a new one though. I haven't seen that before.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Any links yet?
    I wanna see it again.

Quote Originally Posted by cjurakpt View Post
    Grazie !

To quote Sugar Ray Leonard, "you beat the style, not the man".

Yep, those knees were punishing to watch.
    he's been working on them, as one can see.

Georges is so good right now he can b eat people at their own game.

A masterful display.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    GSP+Submission skeelz = Serra Pwned hard

good job George!
    I was very disappointed in Serra. It was obvious that GSP was more prepared and out classed him. It looks like he just picked up an Eddie bravo book, and didn't really practice it.(It didn't help that GSP is an amazing wrestler) WTF?
    I waiting for the amazing JJ that he has. I'm waiting for the next fight, maybe Serra can give a better performance. I was going for Serra the whole time ( knowing that GSP was going to win).

I was rooting for Serra...but it's obvious that GSP is younger and sharper at the game.

I liked how in the pre-fight interview GSP said there is no such thing as a lucky punch...
    Sapere aude, Justin.

The map is not the Terrain.

"Wheather you believe you can, or you believe you can't...You're right." - Henry Ford

Well, they WILL fight again. I think in New York.

I have been watching GSP's career from the start and holy cow has he advanced.

he was a total striker in the beginning and now he is the definition of mixed martial artist.

very impressive martial individual.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

I thought this UFC was a good one all around. Aside from the Nate Quarry fight (which while somewhat boring, is the first time I've seen someone give the finger in the middle of a pro fight), they were all pretty entertaining.

As for the GSP vs Serra...
    Serra was just outclassed. I think a lot probably had to do with his conditioning..and when GSP is focused, he is just too much for most even in their "A" game.

I don't think it was really GSP beating Serra at his own game though. More like GSP using his game effectively to eliminate Serra's threat. He used superior striking combined with a beautiful grappling game to grab takedowns and, what I think is the most important part, maintaining dominate position. He was never in any real danger of fighting off his back. He was constantly pressuring with the GnP. He was able to stay safe from the submission. And being on top, he could actually breath and use his weight to conserve energy. Serra on the other hand, was constantly in that position. And while that is his thing, it still is a hard fight. Especially if his injury screwed his conditioning (which it was obvious he was gassed).

By the time GSP started landing those killer knees to his ribs, Serra I think just didn't have anything left in the tank. That being said, I didn't see any indication he nor his corner threw the towel. I think it was just a ref stoppage seeing as how he wasn't defending himself, just taking the blows.

I thought it was a very entertaining line-up with this ufc.
    Last edited by SoCo KungFu; 04-22-2008 at 07:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCo KungFu View Post
    I thought this UFC was a good one all around. Aside from the Nate Quarry fight (which while somewhat boring, is the first time I've seen someone give the finger in the middle of a pro fight), they were all pretty entertaining.
    I thought that fight was very sad. I am trying to understand what the heck kalib was thinking...

as for Serra... he was in his bread and butter position (guard and half guard). I'm sure I would have done much worse, but I'm not a world class BJJ blackbelt.

Quote Originally Posted by monji112000 View Post
    I thought that fight was very sad. I am trying to understand what the heck kalib was thinking...
    Probably along the lines of, "Why the hell am I in the cage with this big mofo?"
    That being said, I wont dog him for backing up the whole fight. At least he stepped in the begin with, though that will probably be the only time he'll get a shot from Dana.

as for Serra... he was in his bread and butter position (guard and half guard). I'm sure I would have done much worse, but I'm not a world class BJJ blackbelt.
    Its still hard to fight off your back though. No matter how good he may be at the position. You get wore out so much faster. Its harder to breath, punches hurt you a lot more than you can hurt them. Not the place you want to be against someone like GSP. That combined with the fact he never really had the chance to mount an offensive. GSP pulled side a lot too, and layed out punishment from there.
    Last edited by SoCo KungFu; 04-22-2008 at 10:33 AM.

Just downloaded the fights.

WTF with Lutter?
    I mean, we've all gassed but that was messed up!
    A unique snowflake