Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: If you had to distill Northern Mantis into just 6 sets

Quote Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A View Post
    Seems like just about everyone lists Bung Bo, Ba Zhao and Lian Jie.

Can anyone post clips of Lian jie
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=1HTLg8BcyNM

Here is an article on Lan Jie by my kung fu uncle
    "The true meaning of a given movement in a form is not its application, but rather the unlimited potential of the mind to provide muscular and skeletal support for that movement." Gregory Fong

Thumbs up

Hi Gunglichuan and Taichimantis,

The first clip of Lan Men Dao is from Sifu Leung Cheuk Kwan, whom I have the pleasure of training with him while I was in HK. He was appointed as one of the five assistant instructors in the Hong Kong Kwoon, when GM Chiu was gravely ill.

Personally, I like his interpretation of the Lan Men Dao the best; however, in this clip he didn't use the 9 rings saber, which should be the standard for this form. BTW, the clips are more recent production.

The other clip is from the banquet of 1975 I believe. The person who's doing the form is Yau Tim, who is one of the most senior students of GM Chiu in Hong Kong. Yau Tim introduced my mentor, Galen Fok, to GM Chiu. So all thanks to him I have the opportunity to study such a great art.

As for the Lanjie form from the CCK TCPM and the article of Sifu Choy. I believe it merits another thread altogether.

Anyway, thank you both for spreading the word and bring attention to CCK TCPM. Keep up the good work.

Warm regards

Robert
    Contraria Sunt Complementa

對敵交手歌訣

凡立勢不可站定。凡交手須是要走。千着萬着﹐走為上着﹐進為高着﹐閃賺騰挪為
    妙着。

CCK TCPM in Yellowknife

TJPM Forum