Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best movie ever?

Martial Joe Guest

Best movie ever?

In your opinion.What is the best Martial Arts movie ever?

Brad Guest
    Fist of Legend is my favorite because of the amazing fight scenes. I loved Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon though for just about everything else :)

Brad Guest
    Some honorable mentions: Drunken Master 2, Shaolin Temple, Tai Chi Master, and Enter the Dragon

Ghost Dog Guest
    As sad as it sounds, I still love Enter the Dragon. However, Crouching Tiger beats the pants off everything else and will continue to do so in the foreseeable future.
    Has anyone seen a film called something like 'the 36 chambers of shaolin' or something to that affect? Any good?

qeySuS Guest
    crouching tiger, and i loved fist of legend too. Although he would have had to die in the end insted of that cheesy hollywood ending. Then i would have been happy.

Free thinkers are dangerous.

ope Guest
    You guys should see Iron Monkey.. i think its very good better then first of legend and tai chi master also known as twin worriors...

Jaguar Wong Guest
    You thought Iron Monkey was better than Fist of Legend? Story-wise perhaps. I loved the fight scenes in both, though. Donnie Yen was pretty darn smooth in Iron Monkey.

I still gotta say Drunken Master 2, though. Just the sword vs spear fight under a train outdoes almost every MA flick I've seen (even though I've seen too many american crap movies, though - right apowen ;)). The last fight was cool, man. Ken Lo had some nice supervillain-esque moves on him. I would have liked fist of legend better if Jet Li didn't try so hard to do those goofy free flowing footwork scenes. Leave that to the experts like Bruce Lee, and Muhammed Ali (is that how you spell it?).

Jaguar Wong

Budokan Guest

The best MA movie EVER?

It hasn't been made yet; all Marts movies are much too derivative of one another. Perhaps in our lifetime...

K. Mark Hoover

Martial Joe Guest
    Yes a love Fist of Legend also.I havent seen crouching tiger yet.

rogue Guest
    The movies Glory, Karate Kid, Last of the Mohicans and Above the Law.

Is the movie Shaolin vs Lama any good?

kungfu cowboy Guest
    I highly recommend shaolin vs. lama. Its pretty funny, and there are some decent fight and master- teaching-student scenes.

Ryu Guest
    Crouching Tiger was an okay movie, but nothing spectacular. Most of my Chinese friends agree that it was just a normal kung fu film, but was kinda "made for America" in a way.
    Not a bad film though.

Ryu

judo legend, Masahiko Kimura

jutsow Guest
    since no one else will i will state the obvious.

american ninja
    pray for death

Abstract Guest

Best EVER?

I dunno that's tough, but I saw Crouching Tiger 2wice already..that was dope...Enter the Dragon, Shaolin Temple, Fist of Legend, AND if u can find it? 'The 7 Grandmasters' this cat uses the Pak Mei style & he has to fight the other masters of each animal style...good story, alittle campy setting, but it's definetly worth checkin out. ;)

ope Guest
    Did you guys relise that people who do kungfu or martial art on the whole appreciate kungfu and martial art movies more.. i mean i could be sitting with my friends (who dont do any kinda martial art) and they get bored or they think the movie is stupid but im there really into it.. like fist of legend or iron monkey... i actually bought those movies on dvd :)