Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best movie ever?

I just saw the movie crouching tiger hidden dragon. In my opinion it is the best movie ever made. I havn't seen a lot of kung fu movies so i can't compare it to other good kung fu movies.

Ryu Guest
    Watchman! "By the Sword" is my favorite movie. Not just MA related, but my favorite film. Where on earth can I rent it?? I can't find it anywhere, and only see it on TV. It's wonderful.

Crouching Tiger was good, but the best ever?? Guys it is kind of a normal kung fu movie if you watch a lot from Hong Kong and Taiwan don't you think?

Ryu

judo legend, Masahiko Kimura

Watchman Guest
    Hey Ryu, "By The Sword" is really hard to find. They had it in the local Hollywood Video for a while, but pulled it for some reason. I finally had to break down and buy it off of Amazon.

It is a good flick, isn't it?

Lost_Disciple Guest

fav' movies

I agree with a lot of the other pix on here, mostly the old school stuff. I STILL haven't seen Crouching Tiger yet. The previews were all flying, and everyone was hyping it so much, that any interest in it kinda morphed into resentment. I'm beginning to doubt that I'll EVER see it.

On a side note, I had heard a lot about how good Iron Monkey was supposed to be, and it stars my favorite HK actor (Donny Yen). When I bought it, and finally saw it; I was more than a little disappointed.

Here are my pics that DON'T disappoint (me at least), and I watch all the time:

Five Venoms: Avenging Warriors of Shaolin, Killer Army, and of course The Five Deadly Venoms. Anything from them is good.

Jet Li: The Shaolin Temple Series, The first 3 Once Upon A Time in Chinas, Fist of Legend, Tai Chi Master, My father is a Hero, Bodyguard from Beijing, Fong Sai Yuk 1

Chen Kwan Tai: Iron Monkey 1 & 2 (the original), 3 Evil Masters, Return of the Five Deadly Venoms, just about anything from him is awesome.

Gordon Liu: Shaolin vs. Wu Tang, Master Killer, also had one good one with Chen Kwan Tai. Liu had some of the best, but also some of the worst (in my opinion): Liquid Sword, Warrior from Shaolin, Shaolin Drunken Monk

Li Yi Min: Maybe not all that famous, but in some good flix 7 Commandments of Kung Fu, 7 Grandmasters, Mastery of Chess Boxing

Jacky Chan: Almost everything from him is good, except maybe Fantasy Mission Force, Island of Fire, and some of his other Modern ones. Definitely check out Georgous.

Ti Lung: In a ton of good films, one of my fav's was Wu Tang Clan.

Samo Hung and Yuen Biao: They were in lots of good movies without Jackie. Ie: Knockabout, Dreadnaught, the Odd Couple, and the ever famous Magnificent Butcher.

Other honorable mentions:
    Flying Guillotine,
    Chinese Ghost Story,
    Dragon from Shaolin (aka Yuen Wu Long- 1&2, with these 2 funny kids)
    Seven Blows of the Dragon (chika-chika chaa)
    5 Fighters from Shaolin
    Da-Mo Master of Zen
    Ghost Dog

THE GREATEST MOVIE EVER:
    <H1> SIX STRING SAMURAI </H1>

Hope that wasn't too long he

Martial Joe Guest
    Wow you spent a long time on that didnt you...

frosh2786 Guest
    fist of legend enter the dragon and drunken master 2...crouching tiger was good but those are classics

Ryu Guest

Six string Samurai was great! =) Man I have forgotten some of the good ones...

Watchman,
    Amazon huh? Hmm I might have to do just that.
    Yeah it was a great film. Very philosophical as well actually.

Ryu

judo legend, Masahiko Kimura

kungfu cowboy Guest
    I don't understand all the hubbub about "Enter the Dragon" or any other Bruce Lee movie. The fight scenes in all of them are pretty lame.

Budokan Guest
    Martial Joe, I think the movie you're talking about is "Throne of Blood." It's Kurosawa's retelling of Shakespeare's "Macbeth"...and very well done I might add. Chilling and atmospheric.

K. Mark Hoover

Martial Joe Guest
    Budokan, can you explain more about it...Maybe it is.Whats are some of the big events in the movie.I may remember them.

action, story, the look of the movie, or all

action-fist of legend
    story-legend of a fighter, heroes of the east? I think that is the name of it, it has Gordon Liu and Yusuka Kurata
    Look-Hero and Musa
    Best of the Best would be Legend of a fighter, Iron Monkey, or Young Master