Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The EmptyFlower Drama

Why don't you get Buddy a drink RD? He needs another drink.

Just one. C'mon.. be a pal.

I probably should, it seems he was right on the money with his original rant.

And yet you are still....

around on ef.net. Maybe I should buy YOU a drink RD.....

Just to say thanks for sticking around even when you believe that it's
    "a fake rip off site that is trying to make it by pathetically relying on
    brand confusion and trade mark infringement.".

You should totally market a beer ... you could call it "Tie (Tzu) One On!".

Buddy would have one. Hell... he'd have 30. Just don't let him near
    a keyboard afterwards.

I see you already have koolaid in your glass however...

Yeah, I still lurk a little bit and I like the Chat feature, but to be honest i am really turned off by how Brian refuses to stop using Devere's name. Especially the claims that he is the "Progresive Wing of Emptyflower". When he's not connected with Emptyflower at all, let alone a "Wing" of it. He just pretends to be because he has a similar URL. It is a bold faced lie, and deception.

I think he's being a real looser by doing that. i have lost a lot of respect for him.

When it all didn't work out, the right thing to do was to put it all on his Hong-Ye URL, and change from the classic "Six" as he calls it to his own format.

He could have offerd to sell the .net URL to Devere.

Instead of being a Man about it, he's acting like a little baby, or a scorned woman after a Divorce who refuses to give up her Husband's name, despite the fact that she hates him anyway.

Brian got a serious jump start on his forum because of this, and he was basically handed a community for free without having to do any of the work of building it (outside of setting up the forum itself). He should be happy with his blessing instead of being the way he is being.

RD,
    So we can expect you to be posting exclusively on ef.com (and not ef.net)?

Cause otherwise you are just moralizing while using the resources of people
    you claim you don't respect because of their lack of "ethics".

Which would of course... make you a hypocrite.

See, here in lyes the problem. There are good people on .NET that I like to communicate with. They are not responsible for Brian's actions, so I don't see any reason to not join in those discussions.

However, it is Brian's forum, and I am not sure I want to post there because of his behavior.

It's one of those things I am kind of torn on.

I wish he'd just do the right thing and switch everything over to the Hong-Ye URL and stop trying to copy Devere's site with his "Classic Six", so this won't be an issue any longer.

Not that my opinion matters to him, I have voiced it there before and it does not seem to have wavered his position at all.

I think a number of people would feel more comfortable conversing there if he'd just man up and do the right thing.

For now though, I am going to just do what I have been doing since this whole thing started, which is just lurk and maybe chat a bit.

You may notice the only real conversation I have been involved in there was over a posters back injury.

I think I am not alone in not wanting to take sides, as everyone has friends on both forums. This is bigger than just Brian. There is a whole community involved. Brian makes it hard by doing what he is doing.

Honestly, I have been avoiding talking about this as much as I can. I have tried to keep my comments limited, especially on .NET itself (no point in adding to the already tense situation).

I really don't understand Brian's obsession with pretending to be Devere. I just know continued discussions of this topic is really not going to change anything at all. I probably shouldn't even be talking about this now. Especially since it's really just a repete of posts I have made on both .com, and .net. I don't have anything new to add to the topic. The whole thing is really getting pretty old.

So am I a hypocrite? Maybe, at this point; but like everyone else i feel a bit caught in the middle.
    Last edited by RD'S Alias - 1A; 05-09-2008 at 04:59 PM.

RD,

You still seem to be under the impression that because you "feel" a certain
    way people are obliged to act as if you are correct.

If you have friends on ef.net but you despise the present management
    of ef.net as you claim... request their emails and stay in touch via other
    means.

You don't have to be a hypocrite... just man up.. contact your close associates
    and up-stakes to ef.com.

There you can rest easy knowing that the person who keeps your channel
    of communication going doesn't do martial arts at all any more, hasn't in years,
    and cares so little about the whole thing that he talked about destroying it
    for years on end, until someone finally took him seriously and removed the
    Dream from danger's path.

That is why emptyflower.net will stay Emptyflower. Because the progressive
    wing has it's own version of the Emptyflower idea. And those who think
    they aren't entitled to do so.. don't have a leg to stand on. A domain name
    can't be taken by force... you just have to be pro-active.

Truth RD... plain truth.

Now be a real man.... and follow your conscience.. despite the discomforts it
    may subject you too.
    Last edited by dimethylsea; 05-09-2008 at 07:21 PM.

Well, you have your opinion, and I have mine. Other than just repeating the same things over and over, that have already been said multiple times, on multiple forums, there really isn't anywhere this conversation can go at this point.

My opinion is firm, and I am not going to change my mind about Brian or his behavior. I don't see you changing your mind either. We might as well drop the subject now.

I don't plan on getting all hostile and making announcements of resigning my account there like others, but I probably won't be all that active either, especially if this subject is continually brought up over, and over again. I am only interested in the MA discussions, if I choose to participate.

Quote Originally Posted by dimethylsea View Post
    RD,

You still seem to be under the impression that because you "feel" a certain
    way people are obliged to act as if you are correct.

If you have friends on ef.net but you despise the present management
    of ef.net as you claim... request their emails and stay in touch via other
    means.

You don't have to be a hypocrite... just man up.. contact your close associates
    and up-stakes to ef.com.

There you can rest easy knowing that the person who keeps your channel
    of communication going doesn't do martial arts at all any more, hasn't in years,
    and cares so little about the whole thing that he talked about destroying it
    for years on end, until someone finally took him seriously and removed the
    Dream from danger's path.

That is why emptyflower.net will stay Emptyflower. Because the progressive
    wing has it's own version of the Emptyflower idea. And those who think
    they aren't entitled to do so.. don't have a leg to stand on. A domain name
    can't be taken by force... you just have to be pro-active.

Truth RD... plain truth.

Now be a real man.... and follow your conscience.. despite the discomforts it
    may subject you too.
    lol. bitter?
    Kung Fu is good for you.

relax, it's only the internet.
    I have no idea what WD is talking about.--Royal Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    lol. bitter?
    I am in awe of your wit. Have you a newsletter to which I might subscribe?

Come see me Mo and I'll slap the taste outta your mouth. How 'bout that? Be a man.

Brian can't get rid of the name because then he'd have no marketing vehicle, which he doesn't have anyway. There's no starving crowd there. Everyone already has teachers. It's telling about his marketing knowledge that he doesn't know that. In fact if he had any sense he'd WANT to get rid of it and create his own brand. As much as I hate to give away free information therein lies his only hope. The problem is he doesn't have the goods. Scott Sonnon does and does a good job marketing to his niche.

I could smell this thing coming a mile away and let it percolate a bit before outing it. Maybe they'll be able to capture the "qiballs" crowd. Or Dragonball Z.

LOL, I thought this part was fairly accurate:

dimethylsea has not made any friends yet
    Last edited by Buddy; 05-12-2008 at 04:34 PM.

Thumbs up

http://emptyflower.com/phpBB3/

The "new" site for the "old" Emptyflower is ready.

YEAH!

Actually, all they did was install a new forum system on the old site. look at the URL, it's still on Devere's website.