Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which tape can I get the Gracie fight on?

CD Lee Guest

Which tape can I get the Gracie fight on?

Which event was Royce Gracie and Sakuraba in???

I saw highlights from that, and it looked like the best fight ever. I had never seen Sak before. What an animal! He is a BJJ friggin nightmare from he11.

The way he slaps their ears with two hands when in the guard is incredible. And they guys flows like water from one tech to the next. This guy has practiced.

Sorry, you guys knew that already I am sure, but I would like to get the fight or others of Sak against worthy opposition like Goes and other Gracies. Thanks

Merryprankster Guest
    Go to your local blockbuster and get the PRIDE with Sak and Renzo. That's a FANTASTIC fight. It also has a great one kick knockout on it.

krome Guest
    Pride Grand Prix final round

That is the one with Sak and Royce.

Use what works not what looks pretty.

LEGEND Guest
    Actually try to get it from SUNCOAST or TOWERs...I've seen it there!

A

CD Lee Guest
    Thanks guys. I have not seen Pride events are our Blockbusters here in DFW. They have UFC's, but appear to be a year or two behind on the events.

Do you think the tape is worth ordering and paying for?

Merryprankster Guest
    IMO no fight tape is worth ordering and paying for, unless you are into competition and looking for some new ideas :)

CD Lee Guest
    Hey, does anybody know which guy that is that Sak is kicking on the ground, over and over and over? They guy is sticking his legs out, and Sak is kicking the everliving crap out of them.

I saw this on the Sherdog site in a highlight mpeg

Merryprankster Guest
    I believe that would be Royce vs Sak.

Everybody mouths off that Sak kicked the crap out of Royce, but that fight lasted 90 minutes!

I'm not a gracie jock-rider, but a 90 minute fight takes some serious guts and skill and endurance. Hats off to both!

Jaguar Wong Guest
    Actually if you're talking about the Sherdog clip, that's none other than Vitor Belfort. He did the same to Royler, and Renzo. I haven't seen the Royler fight, but Renzo did a pretty good job getting back to his feet as quickly as possible, but he had to sit there and take a couple of leg kicks to find the opening, though. The hard part is that Sak is waiting for them to plant their hands to get up, and he rushes them with the fists flying.

I saw Frank Shamrock do something pretty cool in that situation (not against Sak, though ;)). he started throwing sweeps and roundhouse kicks, using his arms for a base, and when the guy dropped back to avoid the kicks, Frank shot right up to his feet, because his hands were already planted...Y' know what? I think that was the Tito Ortiz/Frank Shamrock rematch.

Jaguar Wong

CD Lee Guest
    Belfort? Cool. It could not be Royce because the guy has no Gi. Plus, Royce would probably not lay there like that and take shots.

Merryprankster Guest
    Hey, fair enough :) Looks like I was wrong. I didn't see the belfort fight.

Xebsball Guest
    In the sherdog video you can see him doing that to a Gracie (I think its Royler) and then Vitor Belfort.

-------------------------
    I'm too sexy for my shirt, too sexy for my shirt
    I'm too sexy for your mother, too sexy for your mother
    So sexy, YEAH

CD Lee Guest

Merry:

Go to Sherdog and get the mpeg clip of Sak. You will see what I mean about kicking the guys legs over and over. It looks extreemly painful!!! Plus, it is something I wondered why others did not do earlier in the UFC's.

The only thing I have seen that looks like it hurt more was when Tank took the final leg kick from Maurice Smith. What a devestating kick! You could just see Tank's bad-@ssnes limply leave his body after that kick. According to some descriptions of Smith's leg kicks, it is like having someone swing a 2x4 at 60 mph into your thigh. Now that has GOT to feel good

Xebsball Guest
    "What a devestating kick! You could just see Tank's bad-@ssnes limply leave his body after that kick."

LOL

Anyway, i watched the video again, the first one is definatly Royler (you can see he is smaller/lighter than Sakuraba) and then its Vitor Belfort.

-------------------------
    I'm too sexy for my shirt, too sexy for my shirt
    I'm too sexy for your mother, too sexy for your mother
    So sexy, YEAH

LEGEND Guest
    It was ROYLER GRACIE that was getting kicked. They also showed footage of VITOR getting kicked also. Royce was the one in the white gi. SAK is a very very special fighter...he matchups well with any grapplers. He has no fear of gettting caught in any locks...his ground game is similar to Frank's...he sometime gets into bad position but no one can submit him! He is one of the smartest fighters out there...he does have problem matching up against STRIKERs( Guy Metzger and Silva ). Anyone that has been around long enuf knows that these 2 guys are great counter grapplers...his biggest test is to beat SILVA. I hope he can do it. If he does...he is perhaps the best middle weight fighter in NHB/MMA ever.

A