Thread: Yiu Choi Lineage

Threaded View

Doctor Leung Jan was Master Ip Man's teacher/Sifu's Master in Foshan. I read online material from interviews with Ip Man's original students in Foshan that before he fled to Hong Kong he taught them the "Bagua stuff" back then. Different times. .... dangerous times to live in China if you ended up on the "wrong side" of turbulent politics. * Also, the footwork in the video is not Bagua style circle walking but still WingChun style footwork, even the sliding. Personally, I have always said that I consider the general movement in the WingChun forms to be very awkward looking. That was my first impression in observing the style and can say the same of Southern White Crane form practice. (And yet, these are the only two Kung fu styles I cherry-pick from that I instinctively use if confronted/need to defend myself or others (devastating full body blocks and breaking). I prefer more fluid motion but would never claim to practice something other than Southern Crane/WingChun because of adopting content technique.
    Last edited by PalmStriker; 10-27-2020 at 01:48 PM.